Holy Paladin vs. Restoration Druid in a Raiding Environment

Hey guys, over the past few weeks of raiding in FL, I (Holy Pally) am usually able to beat the other healers in healing done. However, I only seem to have a problem with Resto Druids. I obviously beat them on fights like Baleroc, but overall, I can't seem to beat them. The other night my guild finally attempted Ragnaros 10 (the guild formed about a week ago), and I was able to beat a Disc Priest and Shaman. The disc priest and I both had 5 mil+ healing (barely beat her, she was in full 378s) and we both destroyed the Shaman... but my point is, why can't I beat Resto Druids? They tend to be the hardest healers for me to beat, healing wise. Is there anything I can improve on?

Armory:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...dgement/simple

P.S. Yes, I know my gear can use improvement. I'm talking about healing tactics.

The only way I could really give advice is with a world of logs post. You armory doesn't help much. Fact of the matter is, Resto druids should never be beaten on healing intense fights where the raid is constantly taking AoE damage. You put 2 skilled players in the seats of a r.druid/h.paladin and the druid will always win, sorry.

Your gear is lacking obviously but that will change in time. I'd change out glyph of cleansing for the lay on hands glyph. For the amount of cleansing you need it's not necessary. 10% more mana is win.

Druids are HPS bots mostly because they have smart heals that produce stupid numbers for little to no mana. You shouldn't compare yourself to other classes HPS wise, but instead look at your healing teams healing as a whole. If no one dies, you are usually golden.
    Never tell your problems to anyone...20% don't care and the other 80% are glad you have them.

YOU WILL NEVER BEAT US!! WE ARE THE BEST!!! Ok, in all seriousness, I don't know much about Holy Paladins, but I don't think you should be too concerned. There is a lot of discussion in the Druid forums (and elsewhere) about the fact that we are almost purely throughput healers. We lack any sort of major damage reducing or utility CD (Tranquility is simply another raid wide throughput spell). We also lack the ability to be able to do a large amount of burst healing. Instead, we rely mainly on hots. To make up for this, our healing throughput is higher than other healers in comprable gear. Its not we are "better" or that you are doing things "wrong". Its just that we are different. If you are put on tank heals, and tanks live, you have done what you need to do. Sure, you can improve, but topping meters is not necessarily a measure of skill, especially when paired with a resto druid. The comparisons just aren't fair.

Ok, I'm not going to go on about how "beating" people or healing meters is a completely retarded thing to aim for (unless it is farm content and you pump out more Hps just to have some fun or to /lol when you know you'll beat it either way).

You shouldn't be able to "beat" resto druids on the meters. They are not designed to be beat.
    Resto druids have no utility spells in a raiding environment, while all other healers do (Hands, auras, aura mastery, bubble, lightwell, shields, spirit link totems, regular totems). To compensate, druids bring utility with pure throughput, making them the best healers hps wise, yet they still have no "Oh shit" heals (see: flash of light).
    For this reason alone, you shouldn't beat a good resto druid on anything apart from baleroc, and it isn't bad to not be first on healing meters. You know why? because with healing, you don't top meters, you keep people alive. If everyone survives, the actual amount of hps / healing / absorbs you did is completely irrelevant.
    Still waiting for competitive PvP to not be a trainwreck...

All of a Druids OSH*T Cooldowns are HPS based. Tree Form = +Healing, Tranq = +Healing Natures Swiftness = + Healing. If a Druid of equal gear is not beating you on anything other than Baleroc, then he is not doing his job. He will also be well above you in over healing because Hots register. In the end, if the Boss is dead and raid is not, then you have done your job.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiftyshifty View Post
    YOU WILL NEVER BEAT US!! WE ARE THE BEST!!! Ok, in all seriousness, I don't know much about Holy Paladins, but I don't think you should be too concerned. There is a lot of discussion in the Druid forums (and elsewhere) about the fact that we are almost purely throughput healers. We lack any sort of major damage reducing or utility CD (Tranquility is simply another raid wide throughput spell). We also lack the ability to be able to do a large amount of burst healing. Instead, we rely mainly on hots. To make up for this, our healing throughput is higher than other healers in comprable gear. Its not we are "better" or that you are doing things "wrong". Its just that we are different. If you are put on tank heals, and tanks live, you have done what you need to do. Sure, you can improve, but topping meters is not necessarily a measure of skill, especially when paired with a resto druid. The comparisons just aren't fair.
    I belive this really summs it up 100%. Having healed as all end game healers (except priest, its lvl 73 ) Nothing comes close to a druid when it comes to pure healing. Druid is even the only healer that can move 80%+ of the time while still healing. Often more.
    I was Once a Nab
    Then I rolled a Paladin
    Thats when I found out
    that I REALLY was a Nab

My 368 Druid alt in Boomkin gear can destroy my 380 Holy Paladin main in HPS, they are just better than us at raid healing. :[
    Druid are currently the best PvE healers on almost every fight (see: World of Logs rankings for any fight in Firelands). It's just the fact that they can blanket an entire raid in heals with relatively low mana usage. A Holy Paladin will pretty much never beat a Resto Druid on raid healing intensive fight.