Voice Over IP Choices

Me and a buddy that are doing arenas together need to find a new way to communicate whenever we're playing nowadays. We used to have a guild vent but since we are playing horde characters, and they are an alliance guild, they don't appreciate us being on their server. After that happened, I set up my own server for vent on my computer for a few months. Now though, I'm back at college and we can't set up the server anymore. There's no way to open the ports on my end how we usually did it. My friend can't set up the server at his place either because his router for whatever reason hates us and doesn't for the love of god want to work. This pretty much rules out anything that will require us to run a server on any of our computers. Plus he's pretty computer illiterate. I'm surprised he was smart enough to install WoW on his computer to begin with, so him trying to get the server on his computer is completely out of the question.

I've been told to use skype, but the lack of a push to talk feature really discourages me from doing so. We both get a lot of background noise from our surroundings, so it would be annoying as hell to be in a call and hear each other breathing the whole damn time. I've heard there are a few skype addons/alternatives that allow for push to talk, but from what I've found, they are sort of outdated.

So MMO-Champion community, what do you recommend? Is there any VoIP program out there that is push to talk that wouldn't require us to set up our own server? Worst comes to worst we will just use skype, but I really want to look through all the alternatives.

INB4 "Google it." I'm looking for the opinions of people who actually play wow and are satisfied with the programs they use. Much better than googling and installing random shit that in the end isn't going to work.

Deleted
    just use xfire.

use mumble you can get a free 15day trial

Deleted
    Both get a decent headset with decent noise cancelling, and use skype.

Deleted
    I bought a mumble server from a group called 'multiplay' for 14 euro for a year.. I have to say, it was dirt cheap, and very relaible

http://www.multiplaygameservers.com/...murmur-mumble/

the have cheap 10 slot servers for .61p a month!

just checked a 10 slot for 12 months

12 Month Prepay Total (approx) (1) €7.33 Shopping Cart Checkout
    Equivalent Monthly (2) €0.61
    Approximate Conversions (1) €7.33
    $9.83
    Amount that you will be charged in GBP £6.60

Last edited by mmoc6edda12fdb; 2011-08-23 at 03:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This might not help you, but you could get a family/friend that keeps their pc on all the time to set up a vent server for you.
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650

Quote Originally Posted by Skelly View Post
    This might not help you, but you could get a family/friend that keeps their pc on all the time to set up a vent server for you.
    Yeah, I was probably thinking about getting my bro that's back at home to do it for me. He keeps his shit on 24/7.