Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    You want scary?

How about:

There are conservative religious groups in the world that are actively seeking to destroy your human rights and their own, they are so psychotically devoted to some words that were written in a book that they are willing to forsake all human dignities to accomplish their goals. Also Al-queda is probably planning an attack or something.

The United States has more nukes, more guns, more weapons, and better trained special operatives and soldiers than any country in the world, and every 4 years it is almost taken over by people who believe dinosaurs and man walked the earth hand in hand.

Almost every country in western civilization is actively working out ways to legalize spying on their own citizens, detain suspected criminals without cause, invade private property without warrants, cause communication blackouts, and censor free speech on the last place speech is free to exist.

That the only hero, the only small glimmer of light, the only people who stand up and fight against this bullshit is a bunch of half-devoted faceless internet tough guys who think hacking electronics companies will change the world.

If you're still scared of ghosts and chupacabras past your teens than you need to seriously reexamine your life.
    Wisdom. I see it.

At a place my mother use to work at the second floor was said to be haunted. One of the employees went up stair and took photos of the room and on some of the photos there were little round circles... I don't believe in ghosts though.

Other than that I don't think I have any good stories..

This one time at band camp.....whooops! Wrong section@_@

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Wounds View Post
    My dead cat huant's me, I hear her when I try and go to bed and I can hear a meow and we don't have any other cat. :/
    This reminds me of something I experienced, but had forgotten about completely.

One night as I was half asleep, I felt a cat walk past my hand so without looking I pet it. The next day I realize the door of my room is closed and there is no cat in the room. Could have been the ghost of the cat that had passed away a little while before that. Could also have been that someone in my family had opened the door, another one of my cats had entered and left, only for someone to close my door again much later.

Still, the first sounds more likely to me. I never leave my door open when I'm sleeping, and my family never leaves it open when they occasionally check up on my room while I'm sleeping.

Weird though, I had completely forgotten about this whole thing. I guess that's what you get for being a sceptic, you brush it off as nonsense faster and in the end you forget it completely and think you've dreamt it.

---------- Post added 2011-08-24 at 01:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nenavn View Post
    I think it's hardwired into the back of all our minds to be wary and afraid of things in the dark.
    Of course it is, we are very visually oriented beings. What happens when you take away the thing we need most?
    Also, we make for an easier target for possible enemies when we can't see them.

This is basic survival instinct.

Quote Originally Posted by Tozza View Post
    Yeeah, you know slender man is a meme right?
    He was made by some guys on some website a few years ago
    ofc but it's still some scary shit the first time you watch/read about stuff like that :P
    Eddie Meduza <3

Firstly; Some people in this thread SERIOUSLY need to read this before writing anything ever again...

http://languageandgrammar.com/2008/1...or-him-and-me/

The amount of "me and her"s and "me and him"s in this thread makes me cringe.

On topic:
    My great grandmother, now deceased, was German and she lived during the post-WWI depression period in Germany, and WWII on one of the British Channel islands.

I heard this story retold by my mother:

Once, she and her siblings (1 sister, 2 brothers), were staying at my great grandmother's house overnight. The younger brother was around 4 at the time. On this particular night, the older brother and his friends had been playing around, and he was dressed as a viking. The next day, the younger brother mentioned "I saw a soldier last night..."They thought he was talking about his brother dressed as a viking, so they didn't think much of it.

However, some years later, this event somehow became the topic of conversation between my mother and my uncle (the younger of the two brothers). She talked about the whole, he saw his brother dressed as a viking thing. Puzzled, my uncle said "No, it wasn't a VIKING soldier, I saw a person in World War 1 army uniform that night".

Only real ghost story my family has to offer. Although, my brother has had sleep paralysis before. He said, when he was ~5 years old, he had a lucid dream. When waking from this dream, he couldnt move, and he explained that the room felt as if it had a dark aura, and he had a feeling of absolute dread. He was facing the opposite wall of the room, where a large stuffed bee toy was sitting (it had a human like face). It was facing the wall, but as he stared at it, it slowly turned its head to face him. Terrified, my brother shut his eyes and waited until morning.

Sadly, he cannot recall if the bee was still facing him in the morning . That would have been REALLY creepy. But alas, thats sleep paralysis for you. Luckily I've never had it, I hope to god I never do. I've heard the scariest stories.
    Stulti se laudant.
    Minecraft Survival Server: 203.206.166.219:25565
    http://www.youtube.com/user/fpiceail

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonwing View Post
    The amount of "me and her"s and "me and him"s in this thread makes me cringe.
    This is also my thought when reading through these lol. It's just an annoyance really, as you still get the point, but seeing "me and my dad" instead of "my dad and I" is just one of those things that pick at me.

I don't know why but whenever I'm alone in my home I can hear some noise. It's ALWAYS when I'm alone. And I'm sure a lot of people have the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherrysoul View Post
    3 weeks ago my cat was taken suddenly by a Neighbours dog who was being walked by owners son, with no lead, anyway she passed away at the vets (17 yrs old - my first cat) from serious internal wounds, just the other night as i went to bed, i saw a vision of her face (i wasn't asleep nor dreaming) and then i felt really sick , and cold , i swear she hates me for the way she died, (And i do hate myself )

Been heaps of others but i would be here all day.
    I'm really sorry about your cat. You shouldn't blame yourself, sometimes bad things just happen. Many cats never have an owner that cares about them and I am sure she is more glad for how she lived than mad for how she died.

I jerk of at night, ghosts don't want to see that shit
    This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jefar View Post
    I jerk of at night, ghosts don't want to see that shit
    now that's some scary shit, jesus christ!

I record evp's as a hobby. Only have a few on youtube but here you go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUmFknRme1Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1pretF_7mY
    Last edited by sarethen; 2011-08-24 at 07:46 PM.

"When it gets dark, your imagination comes out to play."

Fixed.

Most of the stories are just about mind playing tricks on people. Same goes with Ghost Hunters and other similar tv shows. They always do it in the dark so you can't actually see anything and your mind starts to play tricks.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Okay so here is my paranormal experience:
    Every night before I go to bed and I read a little bit out of the Bible. I'm not all that religious, but I do believe in God. Anyways, about 2 weeks ago, after I finished praying and reading, I started hearing really fast paced whispering. I thought at first it was one of the tv's in the house, but when I went to check out my tv I didn't hear anything strange. So I went downstairs to check it out, and I started hearing the whispering again. If you have seen the trailer for the movie Don't Be Afraid of the Dark, it sounds like one of those things.

So at this point I was thoroughly freaked out, and I went back to my room to try and get some sleep, but every time I close my eyes it starts up again, and I've been loosing a lot of sleep over this. I'm still experiencing this every night. Before I wasn't convinced of supernatural ghosts or spirits haunting people, but now I'm not so sure. Actually, I don't even know what this thing is, whether it's a ghost or not I could care less, I just want it to stop.

Stood in the Fire
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detai...20&weekday=tue

You don't need to be able to read it to get the effect from it, trust me.
    Omg fuck you... That litterally made my heart stop for a second. Omfg. .....
    omg..
    -.- I'll return with my story later... gah

Stood in the Fire
    I have one story, sent shivers right down my spine.

I was young, about 10-11, and I decided to sleep downstairs watching Tele because I felt way nuts. About half 12 in the night I heard the kitchen door squeeking and a little monster appear. I was in utter shock, I grabbed my blanket and hurled it over my body, then resumed the fetal position. Lol jk it was my dog.

Sorry for the pointless post; but that is my thought about the topic in hand, it's doohicky.

It's smart to read this thread and then go out to walk my dog at midnight. I live in country so I'm going to be alone with my dog out there in almost total darkness, and it doesn't help I have already encountered strange things at night walks >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Keltronn View Post
    Sorry for the pointless post; but that is my thought about the topic in hand, it's doohicky.
    Some people do experience in-explainable phenomena.

so there i was creeped out by some weird noises outside while i stayed alone in my parents lake house, i tryed to sleep... untill i felt a poke on my back, i litterally passed out

been there done that... except AQ opening event, fml -.-

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMechatronGamer View Post
    When it gets dark, evil comes out to play.

Have you ever had a creepy, other-wordly, supernatural or otherwise unexplainable experience?
    If so then please share and don't leave out any of the juicy details!

I'll start with something freaky that happened to me last night:

Outside my window last night, around 1 A.M., there was a whole lot of mist and fog, so much that you could barely see in front of you. It had never been like this before. Then around 1:30 A.M. there was this extremely eerie glowing white light coming from the mist and something told me not to go closer and not to open my window, it felt like some strange presence was warning me not to get close.

I had never seen anything of the sort coming from my window before and it was both terrifying and intriguing. I wondered what my fate would be if I decided to move closer and found it best not to. Suddenly my curiosity got the best of me and against my better judgement, I opened the window........And as I stood there......staring deeply into the light.......prepared for the end......nothing happened. lawl.

Now tell me your experiences!
    Sissy..Should have gotten closer so your story could have been even better.