Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I saw a free floating column of white light at my grandmother's house one time. It had the vague outline of a person, standing in the hallway.

I don't abuse any substances that would cause any hallucinations. It was during the day, about three weeks after my grandfather died. The thing is, at the time I didn't believe in Ghosts, and to have seen that turned me into a believer reaaaally fast.

My dad is turning into a believer now as well, and has been going with a local Paranormal Investigative team, that went to the town Court House this past week. On one of the video cameras, you can see a whiteish outline of a person walking by the camera really fast, when no one was in front of the camera at all. There were people in the room, but they were not moving and no lights were turned on.
    Was extremely creepy. I was looking at the video *Raw footage, as in the tape has never been removed from the camera* and was like "WTF?!?".

10+ Year Old Account
    I was on a dock on the river near where I live (Ohio river) with some friends. I was the DD for the night while they got drunk. The dock had a long walkway leading out probably 25 ft. to a large square platform. They were drinking and smoking while I essentially was babysitting adults. Keeping bottles and garbage in bags/boxes so we didn't get uninvited.

I noticed a light out on the river. It was downriver and on the other side (very wide river). I can't say how long it was there, I was mildly aware of it (nothing special about a small light on the river at night) for a while before I actually tried to take a good look at it. Possibly 10 minutes or so before I gave it a good look, as it had dawned on me that it was getting closer. I kept glancing at it for about 5 minutes as it was getting closer to us. When it was about 50 yards away, I got alarmed, because I realized that I didn't hear a boat motor. I had assumed it was a running light on a small speedboat type fishing boat, as the light looked to be about the right height out of the water. I told my friends to have a look, we discussed it as it got closer. Then I noticed something that really got me worried: I could see the water under the light. I could not see any boat under the light. I told my friends to grab their crap and head to shore. Once everyone was on land, I looked back and got a better view: a light about the size of a standard light bulb, glowing the equivalent of probably a 50W bulb, getting very close to the dock now. Nothing attached to said light, spot of lit up water under it. I rushed everyone up the hill to the parking lot and once up the hill had another look. Same light, now above the dock, lighting up the dock. Attached to nothing at all. It wasn't moving, at least it didn't for the 3 seconds or so I looked at it. I didn't try to look again: I got everyone in to my car and we GTFO.

I'm not claiming ghost, or anything specific. I'm just relating what I saw. I have no idea what it was, beyond something that emanated light. Whatever it was, I was pretty damn worried.
    Last edited by KingHorse; 2011-08-23 at 06:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to have a job that required me to drive long distances at night alot, it was common for me to spot the odd shoothing star on clear nights. Well one night I happend to see what I thought was another shooting star but just as it was about to leave my sight i saw it make a 90 degree turn to the right and and streak off to the north. This may seem like a conicidence but to the north of where i was driving there are 3 nuke plants about 50 miles away.

Quote Originally Posted by goneloco View Post
    theres this lock on one of the toilets in my fathers house that sometimes locks itself. we have tried to disemble it and see if anything is wrong but it seems to be fine.
    its kinda creepy when i visit and while im trying to sleep suddenly hears the lock turning in the hallway just outside the door.
    Thats one loud lock :P

on-topic
    Me and my father stayed up late one night watching a movie, when the movie was over we walked out into the hallway, my father went to the kitchen and turned off the lights, then we both head for the stairs, im about halfway up and he's at the bottom of the stairs when we both turn around and notice that the lights were on in the kitchen again. We both looked at eachother all confused and what not.
    Could have been that he didn't press the buttons hard enough and they just switched back on by themselves. But it was still rather creepy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valleera View Post
    I'll miss how the old Tree of Life looked like it was in a constant state of panic while healing, running around with its arms flailing up in the air going "OH GOD, HOW DID I GET HERE? I AM NOT GOOD WITH INTERNETS!"

Well, one day I had been watching horror movies earlier in the day, and I was walking by the river late at night (around 11pm). Now, this is the Thames, so there are a fair amount of boats there. And as I walk past one, it comes on, and the music that starts playing is the music from Jeepers Creepers. Needless to say, I was scared shitless and sped up my walking pace considerably :P

Deleted
    Heheh, understandable. Myself, not really much.. Mostly stuff with dead relatives. That I felt them patting my shoulder, or see them right in front of me for a splitsecond. Weird things. Not sure if they're true though, I keep it in the middle.

Last night, I went downstairs to drink water. It was very dark so I could barely see where I was going. I passed my couch and thought I saw someone sitting there facing the TV. I ran as fast as I could back into my bed.

Quote Originally Posted by the1seth View Post
    I used to have a job that required me to drive long distances at night alot, it was common for me to spot the odd shoothing star on clear nights. Well one night I happend to see what I thought was another shooting star but just as it was about to leave my sight i saw it make a 90 degree turn to the right and and streak off to the north. This may seem like a conicidence but to the north of where i was driving there are 3 nuke plants about 50 miles away.
    Ive seen something like that once, a shooting star that suddenly made some ziggzagg moves and then took of to the northeast and disppeared :S
    I'll miss how the old Tree of Life looked like it was in a constant state of panic while healing, running around with its arms flailing up in the air going "OH GOD, HOW DID I GET HERE? I AM NOT GOOD WITH INTERNETS!"

10+ Year Old Account
    http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detai...20&weekday=tue

You don't need to be able to read it to get the effect from it, trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post

Lol, I hate you right now.

Deleted

I lol'd pretty fucking hard.

Did they have to add the sound effects? xD

i need new underpants :O

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gruyaka View Post
    I lol'd pretty fucking hard.

Did they have to add the sound effects? xD
    LOL I didn't even know there were sound effects :-P Played it with the sound off...I don't usually have my speakers turned on. Will have to try it out!

GAH! That got really large on my tv Wasn't prepared at all

LOL I screamed.

Quote Originally Posted by Yllop View Post
    Thats one loud lock :P
    No, not rly. if u dont have thick doors its not weird at all to hear a lock click if its isnt so far away.

Quote Originally Posted by Yllop View Post
    Just messing with you Would be interesting to place a camera on each side of the door to see whats going on.
    even though i actually dont believe ghost exist and i think its a mechanical problem both me and my father fails to understand... i dont rly wanna dig to deep into either kinda ^^
    Last edited by goneloco; 2011-08-23 at 06:59 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey View Post
    True story inc:

Me and my girlfriend were sitting in the sofa in her house watching tv, her parents were out of town, and we were dogsitting little Edward. A young and playful dog, and he never goed further than 10 meters from you, he's very social. So the dog was sitting in between us, and me being rather fond of animals, am observing him more than actually watching tv.

I get fascinated by how he seems to be following something very closely, and I peer my eyes to try and find the little insect or light he's following. Nothing. I take a better look and see if he isn't reacting to flashings of the television screen, but his eyes are fixated somewhere totally different. Then, he suddenly starts growling. His eyes closely fixated on one spot where there was nothing. I know the dog, and the growl was of a more aggresive/defensive nature, and he never looked away once, even as me and my girlfriend were going all "wtf".

The scariest part is ofc the ending as with all scary stories, the growling got louder and was added to with barking until the point I feel a cold gust of air and all goes silent. Edward is again paying attention to us and acting as normal, and whatever grabbed his intrest, was no longer there.
    Lol, this sounds really creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by goneloco View Post
    No, not rly. if u dont have thick doors its not weird at all to hear a lock click if its isnt so far away.
    Just messing with you Would be interesting to place a camera on each side of the door to see whats going on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by orzhagen View Post
    Lol, this sounds really creepy.
    I used to have dogs, a litter of Rottweilers. They always knew when something creepy was happening. They'd bark like crazy on those nights when the sky was grey and cloudy and it just didn't feel right. They would also bark before storms or before people died.

Animals sense what humans can't.

Deleted
    Went camping up some national park, where old grounds are and a Victorian manor was.

Walking near the lake about 3am.

Seen white figure floating above the lake which seemed like a woman in a long Victorian style dress.

All of us shit pants.

Walk into town.

Hear noises coming from a local pub, the sounds of rape and murder.

Phone police.

Turned out they were just screwing after barging their front door down.

Innocent mind of 15 year old.

Sit outside Safeway until it opened for breakfast.

The end.