Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    True story:

Last year during the summer I decided to go for a run during the night since I wasn't able to get my morning jog in. While I was running I saw a green orb come up out of the street about 10 feet away from me. I stopped and was totally freaked out. I seriously could not move at all and could not believe what I was seeing. This orb flew into the air about 20 feet and slowly started moving into these bushes to the right of me all the while it was glowing like a green heartbeat. At that point I was so freaked I could do nothing but absolutely sprint with everything in me. I ran into my house and my parents were like "What the heck, it looks look you have seen a ghost you are flushed pale!" Yeah...it was a weird experience. Never will forget that.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detai...20&weekday=tue

You don't need to be able to read it to get the effect from it, trust me.
    no no no.....*cries*

This one time I heard a door slam in the middle of the night then shouted aloud "omg a ghost!" then noticed I left some windows open, silly me. Then almost every night I hear weird noising coming from my walls but then actually using my head I realize its just some pips being loud. Seriously though soo many people jump to conclusions when weird stuff happens. I believe in ghosts and all but unlike most people when I hear a creaky floorboard in the middle of the night I think its some old wood making funny noises instead of some ghost of a long dead Indian that was buried under my house walking around late at night to seek revenge on the living for stealing his land.

10+ Year Old Account
    where ever you are when you've just had a long fight against another player, to screw up your day
    MOLLY IS IN THE ROOM, if you read this out loud you're fine, if you read it in your head, don't turn around, MOLLY IS IN THE ROOM.

Quote Originally Posted by vilhelm1992 View Post
    MOLLY IS IN THE ROOM, if you read this out loud you're fine, if you read it in your head, don't turn around, MOLLY IS IN THE ROOM.
    I read that in my head. You lied to me. We are no longer friends.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    A girl is babysitting two little girls while the parents are out for dinner. The girls are sent to go to bed downstairs but they return to the babysitter complaining that a statue is staring at them. They wanted her to cover the statue up so they could go to bed. The babysitter walked downstairs and saw a small clown statue looking at the girls bed. She did not want to break it or anything while she covered it up, so she called the girl's mom. The mom advised her she did not have a small clown statue. Mom further advised to get the girls out of the house and call the cops.
    Funny thing is, my brother told me the exact same story too at the time my story took place

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vilhelm1992 View Post
    Damn you...lucky i have my force field active or i would be dead by now -.-'

Quote Originally Posted by lolan1 View Post
    I was up reading bout the slender man and seeing those pics and all that around 2 am... I didn't even want to watch out of my window even when it was day for a few weeks. :/
    me too. i could not fully finish the post about the slender post. i just quit the browers. gave an omnious feeling

Just putting thoughts in your head is enough to make you imagine things that are not there. For example, it's dark and late, foggy, if you read about ghosts or what ever it affects you and your mind starts to see things, even hear. Sounds or reflections from neighbors become weird things you can't explain. But, if you had not read or watched such things, you'd just think it's a darn foggy night today -nothing special would happen. :P

Some are prone to being afraid of the dark, more than others. I myself are usually totally fine with darkness but I notice that watching some movies can affect me at night.

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw a real live weeping angel several months before the Dr. Who episode premiered.

My college was located in a revolutionary war era town on Maryland's eastern shore and the town's old graveyard was located next to the lacrosse fields. My friends and I, being the geniuses that we were, liked to hang out there at night. To even get to the graveyard you had to cross this giant bridge that had a lovely tendency to go pitch black on either side once you were on it.

The most well-known grave in this graveyard was marked by a lifesize white marble statue of an angel standing on a pedestal. It could be seen from anywhere in the graveyard no matter how poor the lighting was. We liked to hang out by it because it was such a pretty looking grave marker. However our first clue that something was wrong with it was that no matter how light it was during the day, the angel's face was always completely obscured by shadow. The face was not carved in a manner to permanently shade the face. The features, eyes inparticular, were almost impossible to see.

So one night we're out there as usual and it's about 1 AM. Freaky shit has already gone down. We found a very large headstone that had been cracked cleanly in half, in a way that would be damn hard to do as a prank. The stone was also coated in coagulating and fully dried blood. Somethign definitely was not happy we were there and we didn't pick up on it. Moving further into the graveyard we suddenly get the urge to look at where the angel statue normally is.

The statue is gone and there's something moving among the graves.

We look to see where the statue went, maybe its a trick of the light and it is not there and the figure that's moving towards us is black, silent and winged.

We got the hint and ran to the lacrosse fields. Whatever it was did not follow us that far thankfully.

...And that is why I will never, ever watch "Blink"!

Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    me too. i could not fully finish the post about the slender post. i just quit the browers. gave an omnious feeling
    Now im curious, what is slender man?

Quote Originally Posted by Vergil View Post
    This one time I heard a door slam in the middle of the night then shouted aloud "omg a ghost!" then noticed I left some windows open, silly me. Then almost every night I hear weird noising coming from my walls but then actually using my head I realize its just some pips being loud. Seriously though soo many people jump to conclusions when weird stuff happens. I believe in ghosts and all but unlike most people when I hear a creaky floorboard in the middle of the night I think its some old wood making funny noises instead of some ghost of a long dead Indian that was buried under my house walking around late at night to seek revenge on the living for stealing his land.
    and so many people go out their way to ignore supernatural. some of the story here like the story of the dog and the lock seems real enough, yet they themselves will say theres no such thing as supernatural. To tell you the truth, there are dark things in the world, you just have to be on the right part of the world to see it. People in the west are in denial when they say theres no such thing as supernatural, while at the same time using so much lights that they can't even see the stars in heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by kiingy View Post
    Fake internet meme. Basically it's a guy (maybe woman, who knows?) Super tall, VERY long legs and arms, has tendrils that come from it's fingers and out of it's back, it can walk with them. Dressed in a black suit (think Men in Black), has a tie, a top hat, and has a blank face (no features). It steals children, and adults cannot see it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gather around kids for a terrifying tale of an old lady, who had a particular taste for toes:

Once there was an old woman who went out in the woods to dig up some roots to cook for dinner. She spotted something funny
    sticking out of the leaves and dug around until she uncovered a great big hairy toe. There was some good meat on that toe which would make a real tasty dinner, so the old woman put it in her basket and took it home.

When she got back to her cottage, the old woman boiled up a kettle-full of hairy toe soup,
    which she ate for dinner that night. It was the best meal she'd had in weeks! The old woman went to bed that night with a full stomach and a big smile.

Along about midnight, a cold wind started blowing in the tops of the trees around the old woman's house.
    A large black cloud crept over the moon and from the woods a hollow voice rumbled: "Hairy toe! Hairy toe!
    I want my hairy toe!" Inside the house, the old woman stirred uneasily in her bed and nervously pulled the covers up over her ears.

From the woods there came a stomp-stomp-stomping noise as the wind whistled and jerked at the treetops.
    In the clearing at the edge of the forest, a hollow voice said: "Hairy toe! Hairy toe! I want my hairy toe!" Inside the house,
    the old woman shuddered and turned over in her sleep.

A stomp, stomp, stomping sound came from the garden path outside the cottage. The night creatures shivered in their burrows as a
    hollow voice howled: "Hairy toe! Hairy toe! I want my hairy toe!" Inside the house, the old woman snapped awake. Her whole body shook with fright as she listened to the angry howling in her garden. Jumping out of bed, she ran to the door and barred it. Once the cottage was secure,
    she lay back down to sleep.

Suddenly, the front door of the cottage burst open with a bang, snapping the bar in two and sending it flying into the corners
    of the room. There came the stomp, stomp, stomping noise of giant feet walking up the stairs. Peeping out from under the covers,
    the old woman saw a massive figure filling her doorway. It said: "Hairy toe! Hairy toe! I want my hairy toe!"

The old woman sat bolt upright in terror and shouted: "I ATE your hairy toe!"

"Yes, you did," the giant figure said very gently as it advanced into the room.

No one living in the region ever saw the old woman again. The only clue to her disappearance was a
    giant footprint a neighbor found pressed deep into the loose soil of the meadow beside the house. The footprint was missing
    the left big toe. The end

Ah Folklore, how it warms my heart. Not really a personal experience , but still.

Quote Originally Posted by kiingy View Post
    theres a post here a while ago, a link to site that gathered all the info about it. use the google find it, i am not going there again

it was made up (maybe, not sure). but the way they presented it sent chill through my bone

I have an unexplainable experience! I was driving home and ironically before I left I saw some videos of these balls of light that just rotated in the sky and then vanished. However, when I was on the road I swear I saw a huge ball of light glow in the sky and then vanish in asecond. It was so wierd.
    I also had another one which is freaking wierd and I hate talking about it, but I love you all so much that I must. I was a little kid, and recently a plane had crashed in our backyard when we were on vacation. I'M FAMOUS! The next couple of days as I was in my bed, I would see this tall bald-headed man wearing a gray suit fly by my bedroom, I was lucky that "thing" didn't see me, or I would of never left my parent's room. Oooo I just keep imagining him... scary as shizznitt.

My record of "lost time". In college I had to wake up at 9:20 for a class that started at 10:20. My alarm went off and I woke up and did my daily regemine to get ready for the day. When I was done showering I came back to the room to find my roommate walking in the door from his 8:30 class that ended at 9:30. I left to go eat breakfast at the cafeteria across the street. I got there and saw a friend and sat down with her to eat and she looked at me and said "shouldn't you be in class". I looked up at the clock and it was 11:20 so I rushed to my class to see that indeed it was just getting out. I went back to my room and checked my clock and everything was fine and the alarm was still set where it should. I asked my roommate if he had gone anywhere after his class and he said no. So somehow I lost an hour crossing the street.

10+ Year Old Account
    K. Ironic but just last night I was woken by being tapped on my back and saying "Matt wake up, Matt wake up". So I asked my wife what she wanted in a half awake daze. Then realized I was facing her and there was NO way she could of been tapping on my back or talking in my ear.
    Survival is Key

Back when i was maybe 4 or 5, my family went on vacation to an old american fort from the 1600s. It was supposedly very haunted at night. Well i woke up in the middle of the night cause i had to urinate, then i looked and saw this strange woman standing over me. She was wearing a long white dress and had blonde hair, but was still rather incorporeal(i couldnt see her lower torso from what i remember) and seemed to be floating. Scary as hell, and i knew i was awake because i was hiding under my covers for a good 4 hours (she never seemed to disappear) until morning came and the other in my hotel room woke up.

Then a sometime later i was sitting on my front porch and saw a little girl walking down the street. She looked about 6, and after a few feet of walking she just vanished.

Seen shadow people a few times. Hat-man is unnerving. I woke up one night to someone rubbing my side, and when i looked there was a large black figure standing there, but everyone in my house was asleep, and that vanished as well.

Sleep paralysis hallucinations i get a lot. And VERY terrifying nightmares are pretty common for me. One of the reasons i only sleep about 3-4 hours at night.

Then once a pen on my desk flew halfway across the room. No window was open, no fan was on, i was the only one/thing in the room.

People tend to laugh at me when i say ive seen ghosts. Maybe i just have some sort of psychosis that went undiagnosed, as i never really tell people in real life about things ive seen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystile View Post
    Fake internet meme. Basically it's a guy (maybe woman, who knows?) Super tall, VERY long legs and arms, has tendrils that come from it's fingers and out of it's back, it can walk with them. Dressed in a black suit (think Men in Black), has a tie, a top hat, and has a blank face (no features). It steals children, and adults cannot see it.
    That description reminds me of the silence form doctor who....except for the top hat >.<