Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Firstly; Some people in this thread SERIOUSLY need to read this before writing anything ever again...

http://languageandgrammar.com/2008/1...or-him-and-me/

The amount of "me and her"s and "me and him"s in this thread makes me cringe.

On topic:
    My great grandmother, now deceased, was German and she lived during the post-WWI depression period in Germany, and WWII on one of the British Channel islands.

I heard this story retold by my mother:

Once, she and her siblings (1 sister, 2 brothers), were staying at my great grandmother's house overnight. The younger brother was around 4 at the time. On this particular night, the older brother and his friends had been playing around, and he was dressed as a viking. The next day, the younger brother mentioned "I saw a soldier last night..."They thought he was talking about his brother dressed as a viking, so they didn't think much of it.

However, some years later, this event somehow became the topic of conversation between my mother and my uncle (the younger of the two brothers). She talked about the whole, he saw his brother dressed as a viking thing. Puzzled, my uncle said "No, it wasn't a VIKING soldier, I saw a person in World War 1 army uniform that night".

Only real ghost story my family has to offer. Although, my brother has had sleep paralysis before. He said, when he was ~5 years old, he had a lucid dream. When waking from this dream, he couldnt move, and he explained that the room felt as if it had a dark aura, and he had a feeling of absolute dread. He was facing the opposite wall of the room, where a large stuffed bee toy was sitting (it had a human like face). It was facing the wall, but as he stared at it, it slowly turned its head to face him. Terrified, my brother shut his eyes and waited until morning.

Sadly, he cannot recall if the bee was still facing him in the morning . That would have been REALLY creepy. But alas, thats sleep paralysis for you. Luckily I've never had it, I hope to god I never do. I've heard the scariest stories.
    Stulti se laudant.
    Minecraft Survival Server: 203.206.166.219:25565
    http://www.youtube.com/user/fpiceail

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonwing View Post
    The amount of "me and her"s and "me and him"s in this thread makes me cringe.
    This is also my thought when reading through these lol. It's just an annoyance really, as you still get the point, but seeing "me and my dad" instead of "my dad and I" is just one of those things that pick at me.

I don't know why but whenever I'm alone in my home I can hear some noise. It's ALWAYS when I'm alone. And I'm sure a lot of people have the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherrysoul View Post
    3 weeks ago my cat was taken suddenly by a Neighbours dog who was being walked by owners son, with no lead, anyway she passed away at the vets (17 yrs old - my first cat) from serious internal wounds, just the other night as i went to bed, i saw a vision of her face (i wasn't asleep nor dreaming) and then i felt really sick , and cold , i swear she hates me for the way she died, (And i do hate myself )

Been heaps of others but i would be here all day.
    I'm really sorry about your cat. You shouldn't blame yourself, sometimes bad things just happen. Many cats never have an owner that cares about them and I am sure she is more glad for how she lived than mad for how she died.

10+ Year Old Account
    I jerk of at night, ghosts don't want to see that shit
    This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is mine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jefar View Post
    now that's some scary shit, jesus christ!

Deleted
    I record evp's as a hobby. Only have a few on youtube but here you go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUmFknRme1Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1pretF_7mY
    Last edited by mmocfd8d985519; 2011-08-24 at 07:46 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    "When it gets dark, your imagination comes out to play."

Fixed.

Most of the stories are just about mind playing tricks on people. Same goes with Ghost Hunters and other similar tv shows. They always do it in the dark so you can't actually see anything and your mind starts to play tricks.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Okay so here is my paranormal experience:
    Every night before I go to bed and I read a little bit out of the Bible. I'm not all that religious, but I do believe in God. Anyways, about 2 weeks ago, after I finished praying and reading, I started hearing really fast paced whispering. I thought at first it was one of the tv's in the house, but when I went to check out my tv I didn't hear anything strange. So I went downstairs to check it out, and I started hearing the whispering again. If you have seen the trailer for the movie Don't Be Afraid of the Dark, it sounds like one of those things.

So at this point I was thoroughly freaked out, and I went back to my room to try and get some sleep, but every time I close my eyes it starts up again, and I've been loosing a lot of sleep over this. I'm still experiencing this every night. Before I wasn't convinced of supernatural ghosts or spirits haunting people, but now I'm not so sure. Actually, I don't even know what this thing is, whether it's a ghost or not I could care less, I just want it to stop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detai...20&weekday=tue

You don't need to be able to read it to get the effect from it, trust me.
    Omg fuck you... That litterally made my heart stop for a second. Omfg. .....
    omg..
    -.- I'll return with my story later... gah

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have one story, sent shivers right down my spine.

I was young, about 10-11, and I decided to sleep downstairs watching Tele because I felt way nuts. About half 12 in the night I heard the kitchen door squeeking and a little monster appear. I was in utter shock, I grabbed my blanket and hurled it over my body, then resumed the fetal position. Lol jk it was my dog.

Sorry for the pointless post; but that is my thought about the topic in hand, it's doohicky.

Deleted
    It's smart to read this thread and then go out to walk my dog at midnight. I live in country so I'm going to be alone with my dog out there in almost total darkness, and it doesn't help I have already encountered strange things at night walks >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Keltronn View Post
    Sorry for the pointless post; but that is my thought about the topic in hand, it's doohicky.
    Some people do experience in-explainable phenomena.

Deleted
    so there i was creeped out by some weird noises outside while i stayed alone in my parents lake house, i tryed to sleep... untill i felt a poke on my back, i litterally passed out

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMechatronGamer View Post
    When it gets dark, evil comes out to play.

Have you ever had a creepy, other-wordly, supernatural or otherwise unexplainable experience?
    If so then please share and don't leave out any of the juicy details!

I'll start with something freaky that happened to me last night:

Outside my window last night, around 1 A.M., there was a whole lot of mist and fog, so much that you could barely see in front of you. It had never been like this before. Then around 1:30 A.M. there was this extremely eerie glowing white light coming from the mist and something told me not to go closer and not to open my window, it felt like some strange presence was warning me not to get close.

I had never seen anything of the sort coming from my window before and it was both terrifying and intriguing. I wondered what my fate would be if I decided to move closer and found it best not to. Suddenly my curiosity got the best of me and against my better judgement, I opened the window........And as I stood there......staring deeply into the light.......prepared for the end......nothing happened. lawl.

Now tell me your experiences!
    Sissy..Should have gotten closer so your story could have been even better.

Deleted
    I got super tuned car, like 10.500 euros in tuning.
    Once a guy almost drived in me, i was shitting my self. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jefar View Post
    well that's how we roll in Holland.

OT:

me and my mother (trolol sorry Dragonwing, couldn't resist) My mother and I, are both a little bit paranormaly gifted.
    My mothers example: We had an elderly couple as neighbours (Rest in peace both of them). One day, the wife of the man died, and my mother offered to clean his house, as he was incapable of cleaning it himself(He had no relatives). So he went of this his holiday place and my mother cleaned the house. First day, jackpot. Whilst my mother is cleaning, this huge vase dropped of the.. uhh.. how do you call it.. It's a space infront of your window, where you can put stuff on. Anyhow, that vase was completly pushed against the glass, and my mother was in the other side of the room, just starting there so she didnt even touch it yet. Moments later this Flamingo falls on the floor and after that, the picture of the wife in question suddenly made a sound of glass breaking. So my mother comes rushing back to our house, yells at me to come with her, and I am all like, What the Hell is going on? My mother explains what happens and want me to come with her to check things out, and to clean the broken vase up. While I was there, I looked at the picture frame, see the crack in the glass, feel one sudden chill and then it's warm again. Also, her husband died on his holiday vacation. I myself think it's because he was heartbroken of the loss of his wife, they we're like 75 years together, they've known eachother since they were childs

Mothers moment 2: (this is something i heared from her) When I was young I got bullied alot. I make the step of going from elementary school to highschool but there was this bully that just decided that i was not allowed to cycle with them to school. After telling what happened to my mother, she got insanely pissed, and talked with the mother of the bully. The mother's bully was all like: "Ohh my son wouldn't do that, and he's my angel" and that sorta stuff. My mother, extremly emotional of what happened, rushed back home, locked herself in the room and just started crying. After a few moments she heared a voice saying: It's going to be alright with him, you need to let him do his own thing." (My mother was extremely protective around that age, after that moment she really let me do my own thing, and now I'm quite the succesfull game developer, with lots of good friends).

Now my own moment: I was riding my bike back home at night, and all of a sudden, i see this huge big headed creature(about the size of a full grown man, maybe largerm was too far away for me to see) crossing the road at an extremely high speed, going into the driveway of a house and hid behind the trashcans. I got all like, okay, i got to lay down smoking but i could've sworn i saw it looking back at me. After that moment I was BEAST MODE ENGAGED and got home within 5 minutes (where i was normaly takes 20 minutes to get there)

Moment 2: I was at my friends house, and they went out to smoke some pot. I wasn't feeling on getting high, and got a little bit sneaky and decided to check out his comp for some files. I found a diary, with some of what he experienced that day. I also discovered that his Grandmother passed away a little while back, and I felt really bad for not noticing this. All of a sudden, my other friend (we were with a bunch) needed to go to the loo, and right at the moment he leaves, I reach the part of his grandmother and I feel this extremely cold hand on my shoulder.
    Really freaked me out.

Sorry for my Engrish, it aint that good as it used to be :P

Also, recalling these stories and typing them gave me the shivers D:

But yeah, I saw more shit then i can handle and i really should stop recalling those moments so...
    Last edited by Rodian; 2011-08-24 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodian View Post

That first one was depressing...
    My grandmother is going very senile and gets excessively angry when people try to do things for her, as she thinks she still can(time and time again she has proven otherwise). Its pretty sad to see her like that.

And that space on the window is the windowsill.
    Last edited by Skelington; 2011-08-24 at 09:51 PM.

Small disclaimer: I realize that I probably have some sort of mental problem, but that does not make any of what I say any less real. At least, not to me.

Ever since I was a child, I've been able to see things that aren't there. I don't mean 'omg that movie was so scary I totally saw a creepy monster in my closet last night!', either. I see things. Things that overlap my normal sight. It's not so bad some days, but other days, I am unable to perceive things the way they should be perceived. I've been walking to work and have seen the sides of buildings weeping tears of blood. I have seen a skyscraper crumble and fall while in reality it is standing quite firm.

I am not 'day dreaming' these things. Whenever something like this happens to me, it always takes me by surprise. When I was little, I'd be like, "FUCK THIS IS REAL I HAVE TO GTFO', but nowadays, I'm practically used to it. I've seen people's faces distort and grow extra mouths lined with disgusting fangs dripping gore.

I'm extremely paranoid, as well. If I'm home alone or if my roommate is out for the day or whatever, I can hardly go a minute without glancing worriedly over my shoulder.

When I was a kid, I used to sit in this corner in the living room because for some reason, I was able to hear voices there. No, there was no TV or radio nearby, and we lived in a house, so our closest neighbors were 100 feet away and under another roof.

I see good things too though. I've seen people sprout multi-colored wings, and have seen stars dance with faces in the sky. I've lost many good friends, but thanks to my ability to 'see', I will always remember them and their faces. Pets that have passed away often visit me while I'm falling asleep at night.

No, I'm not just trying to impress people on the internet with lies. And yes, I very much realize I probably have schizophrenia. >.<
    Was the great Baron J. Rivendare on 5-14-10

I have gathered up several stories over the years.

When I was younger probably a junior/senior in high school, I lived in the middle of nowhere. I had about 2500 acres north of me that no one lived on and about 900 acres south of me that no one lived on. This land was mostly very hilly forest, with a few fields here and there. One summer evening me, my dad, younger brother, and sister decided to play a game of manhunt/hide and seek in the cedar thicket north of our house. We had a pond the hunter team was sitting at waiting at while the other team went across the field that was about the size of a football field into the thicket to hide after a few minutes we went to go hunt them down and catch them. For the last round, me and my brother were on a team and my dad and sister went to go hide. It was a few minutes before sunset when we had our last round.

We waited a few minutes then went into the thicket, after a few minutes we caught our sister and began looking for our dad. Towards the back end towards a dip where the creek was the formed the boundary line we saw to adult legs from under the cedar trees. But he wasn't wearing any shoes and we couldn't see any shorts. Me and my brother quietly tried to sneak up on him from opposite sides. Spooked the person noticed us and began running for the back boundary/creek. Me and my brother both darted after him. As we came out of the cedar we could only catch an outline but the person was about the size of our dad 6'4" about 200 lbs and well built, and very hairy and completely naked, but the sun had just set so we couldn't make out details very well. They kept running from us right out of the boundary, across the creek. We both watched him run out of sight, knowing dinner was about ready cause our mom yelled out to us before that round, we both turned around and ran back towards the house. When we got out of the cedar thicket we saw our dad sitting on the dam of the pond next to my sister, fully clothed. It would have been absolutely impossible for him to get back and get clothed in the time we got over there. My dad and sister both claimed he had been sitting there for 10 mins or so too.

About a year later, after coming home from college, I had another run in with this thing. We had chickens with a large chicken coup near the same pond that we started our game at by the cedar thickets about 100 yards from our house. Over the last year or so though we had lost about 30-40 chickens though. Something was getting into our chicken coup tearing through the metal screen boxing in the yard. My dad said it was wild dogs and kept trying to catch them and stuff, but never could. I always questioned him though because it seemed the holes in the screens kept showing up a few feet off the ground. Nothing a dog would do. Well one night me and my sister were coming home from a summer party at like 2-3am and as we pulled into the drive way the headlights of the car shined over the chicken coup. That's when we both saw the scariest thing I've ever seen. There was a thing that looked like a hairy gollum from Lord of the Rings with eyes glowing red in the head lights on the roof of the chicken coup, crouched down like spiderman/gollum. It snarled with with what looked like sharp teeth and hoped down and ran into the cedars. Me and my sister were scared shitless we ran inside and woke up our parents and told them what happened they blew it off saying we had too much to drink. Toward the end of the summer we were all watching a movie one night when we heard a commotion going on down at the chicken coup. My dad ran and grab a shot gun and flash light and went out the back door. We heard a few shots and my dad came back in pale as a ghost. He didn't say anything, besides he chased it off. When we asked what he didn't respond, just turned the movie back on and said it was over with. The next day he decided we were no longer going to have chickens and got rid of them all and began locking all the doors and windows. No sign of the thing since. Although since then some rich folks bought up all the land north of us and began building lakes and million dollar homes on the lakes calling them secluded summer homes. My parents started having chickens again a few years ago, and haven't had any problems. Not really sure what ever happened to the thing.

3. When I went to college I joined a fraternity house. The house was 75+ years old and had been remodeled/torn down/rebuilt multiple times over the years. I was once a 5-6 bedroom house, had a 40 room attachment added onto the back, then had the front house torned down and rebuilt over the old one. The basement of the original house was never torned out either, simply sealed off with no doors to get into it. 3 members were known to have died while living in the house. Also we kept a human skull in a secret closet in the the old section of the house for fraternity ritual practices. Some weird stuff would happen in that house late at night. Stuff would move over night behind locked doors that no one had access to. I noticed the most activity on the 2nd floor of the house and the older rebuilt front end of the building. One or two times I would go to sleep(100% sober) and wake up in the morning to find the furniture in my room completely moved around when my door was locked and no one else had a key to my room. I also would have stuff go missing for weeks then show up on my desk when I woke up in the morning after having my door locked for the night. Also between 3-4am it wasn't rare to actually here voices coming from inside the 2nd floor bathroom. If you went into the bathroom it actually sounded like the noises were coming out of the plumbing, yet you could walk the whole house and not hear any other noise. Everyone who had a room next to that bathroom had weird stuff happen. One night a guy woke up to his loft shaking violently, he hopped down and out of the loft and it was still shaking he went over to the light switch and upon turning on the light the bed stopped shaking. And no one was in his room, his door never opened or closed. In the older front part of the house the rooms surrounding the secret closet would also have strange things happen. We had a formal living room/lobby area in the room where the closet door was located. One night me and a friend were sitting on the couches in there pulling an all nighter studying for a final. And we kept hearing noises coming the formal chapter room which is on the back side of the closet. The room was just a formal meeting room with a big table, fireplace and couches going around the room. We opened the door, turned on the lights and went in. It was May and 70-80 degrees outside, but when we went into the room it was ice cold, we could see our breath condensing in front of us and both of us had our hair stand straight up like we were touching one of those static balls. We both freaked the hell out and ran to the opposite end of the house.

4. A few years after college, I ended up getting a house in downtown St. Louis that was 104 years old. I used to constantly wake up in the middle of the night to a dog with glowing green eyes sitting next to the bed staring at me, only to turn on the light and it be gone. Both me and my girlfriend saw it constantly. And I can't even talk about the stuff that went on in the basement. shutters.

5. While back I was the assistant manager for a gas station that had a cemetary on two sides of it. Our third shift guy had a serious accident and was out for a month on medical leave. So I stepped in and did third shift 3 nights a week. The store was 24/7 but we would lock up from 1am to 4:30am and had a window we could sell stuff from. Multiple times I would see an old man walking through the store then dissappear. We had a MASSIVE turnover rate at that store on third shifters, a lot of people would work a night or two and quit. One night I was working in the cooler and when I came out a ceramic doll was on the floor about 20 feet from the shelf it sat on. I put it back then went into the back office to watch video. The doll literally threw itself off the shelf by itself and flew 20 feet across the store. I burnt the video onto a CD-R back then, but its out in my garage in a box atm.
    Last edited by Bling; 2011-08-24 at 10:40 PM.