Thread: The CUBE [Test]

The CUBE [Test]

Here is a fun personality test.
    (Sorry it is a little long, but it doesn’t take more than 5 minutes to go through. And, no, there is no tl;dr version.)

It is basically a cold reading technique that lets someone in on your personality. All you have to do is answer these questions and imagine what you see. There is no right or wrong answer.

Try to concentrate on how you feel about what you are describing and not just on how it looks. Some suggest that you draw your answers. I would suggest saying them out-loud this way you will remember more details of what you thought.

Once you have answered all the questions, scroll down to see what the motifs mean.

1. Cube
    Imagine a room with nothing in it.
    How big is the room? Is it very large, small, etc? Is there a room or are you imagining vast open space?

Place in the room a cube.
    How big is the cube? How big is it in relation to the room?
    Where is the cube in the room?
    Is the cube on the ground or floating in the air?
    When you look at the cube are you facing a corner or a side?
    Is the cube transparent or opaque? (Can you see through it or is it solid?)
    What color is the cube? What do you think about that color?

2. Ladder
    Place in the room a ladder.
    Where is the ladder; in relation to the room?; in relation to the cube?
    Is the ladder leaning against anything? Is it leaning on a wall or the cube?
    How tall is the ladder?
    Would you be able to climb it easily?
    What is the ladder made of? How do you feel towards this?

3. Horse
    Now place in the room a horse.
    Where is the horse in the room?
    How far is it from the cube?
    How far is it from the ladder?
    Is it roaming free or tied to anything? Does it have a saddle?
    What color is the horse? How do you feel about this color? How does the horse make you feel?

4. Flowers
    First, are there flowers in the room? (if no, skip the #5)
    How many flower(s) are there?
    Where are the flowers in relation to the cube?
    What color(s) are the flower(s)? How do you feel towards that?

5. Storm
    Add a storm. Describe the storm.
    Is it huge and all encompassing?
    Is it in the room itself or do you perceive it to be outside?
    What is the intensity of the storm? Is it a slight drizzle or a category 5 hurricane?
    How do you feel towards the storm?

Answers:

Room: The room represents your universe. It is the world you live in and all the things around you. If you imagine it to be very small, you might a small town girl. If it is very large, you might be a city boy (born and raised in South Detroit). Basically, the room is a motif of how big you perceive your life and the world around you to be.

Cube: The cube represents you. How you think about the cube reflects how you think about yourself.

Size: If the cube is very large, you might think very highly of yourself; and if the cube is small, you tend to be meek. The size of the cube in relation to the room also reflects how large you perceive yourself in relation to the world. If you are a large cube in a small room… well, you’re a big fish in a small pond (to use a popular metaphor).

Location: The location of the cube within the room represents where you place yourself in the world. If the cube is in a corner you tend to be a shy person, whereas, if it is in the center, you are the center of your world. If the cube is a great distance from where you are standing, you might not know yourself very well. If the cube is floating in the air you might be a more imaginative person and someone whose cube is on the ground is a more grounded/analytical person. Additionally, if you are facing a side then you are more structured person. If you are facing a corner then you think very abstractly.

Color: If the cube is a transparent (see through) then people can tell what is going on with you (you wear your emotions on your sleeve). If it is a solid color you’re more guarded about your feelings. (see bottom for color details)

Ladder: The ladder is your goal(s) in life and your ability to achieve them. If the ladder is very far away from the cube then your goals do not really define who you are. If your ladder is close or even leaning on the cube then your goals are closely tied to who you are, which could possibly mean that your job/career defines your personality. If your ladder is very high (too high to climb) then it might feel like what you want is unobtainable, but if you can climb easily then you feel as if your expectations can be met. If your ladder is very short then you are easy to please (but you might also not have clearly defined your goals yet). If ladders are dangerous or foreign to you, you might not know what it is you want. What color and how you feel towards it might also suggest areas of interest you’re looking to pursue.

Horse: The horse represents you lover or ideal lover. The distance between the horse and the cube represents the closeness you have with your lover. If the horse is facing the cube it shows you want to be the focus of attention in the relationship. If your horse is closer to your ladder it might suggest you want a lover who supports your goals (you gold digger you). If the horse is tied up, then it shows the need to be controlling in a relationship. If the horse has a saddle then you feel secure with them. If the horse is free and not saddled, it means you view your lover as uncontrollable/unpredictable or someone who is very independent.

Flowers: The flower represents kids. The closer the flower is to the cube, the closer you feel to your children or the thought of having children. If your flower is close to the ladder then a goal in life might be to have children. Different colors also represent a variety in children (you want boys/girls of varying ages). The more flowers the more kids you wish to have.

Storm: The storm represents the obstacles or problems in your life. If the storm is very intense (fucking shit up) then your problems are causing havoc in your life. If they encompass your entire room then it means you might have some ongoing issues which will take a while to resolve. If your storm is light then it means your problems don’t really upset the balance of your world. If it is outside the room it means you see your problems at a distance and they can easily be controlled.

So that’s it. How well does your cube describe you?

If you have an odd answers that I didn't cover, ask them and I'll try to describe what they mean/make some shit up.

Note: Once you’ve done the cube you can never do it again since you know what the motifs mean. So don’t screw it up by skipping any parts.

Meanings of Colors
    Here are some details about color theory and how they can reflect the colors of the cube, ladder, horse, storm, and flowers. However, these are not exact. The way you feel towards the color reflects more about what the motif means, but below is a list of colors and what each means.

Black: Black is the color of authority, elegance, sophistication, and seduction. Black can also imply submission and darkness.

White: White symbolizes innocence and purity, which is why the wedding dress is white. Doctors wear a white coat to imply sterility and cleanliness.

Red: The color of dominance, power, and sexual energy, the color red attracts attention. It is also the color of love.

Blue: One of the most popular colors, blue represents knowledge, authority, and loyalty. Blue causes the body to produce calming chemicals so it is often used in bedrooms. The color blue shows loyalty.

Green: Green represents compassion, prosperity, money, and vitality. It is a relaxing color. Many TV studios have a “green room” for people to sit in to relax before they go on the air.

Yellow: Yellow is another attention getter. While it is considered an optimistic color, symbolizing enthusiasm and playfulness, the color yellow is very difficult for the human eye to take in and can be overpowering.

Purple: Purple is the color of royalty. It represents luxury, wealth, and sophistication. It is also feminine and romantic and rarely found in nature.

Brown: Old reliable brown. Brown shows stability. It is the color of earth and a favorite of most men.

TL;DR

This is a great way to start a conversation with girls. Scroll up.

Deleted
    What I got from that is that I consider myself small but the center of the world, the colour was purple which suits me. and all that stuff(I'd tell all of it but no one really cares about someone elses result so I wont waste their time with it :P)
    I dont like how the ladder and flowers thing worked out perfectly, made me sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotia View Post
    (I'd tell all of it but no one really cares about someone elses result so I wont waste their time with it :P)

So your cube is cynical?

And it is supposed to be a fun activity. I asked this of a girl once who said, "there are no flowers, but the wall papering has flowers on it." I guess she liked throwing babies at the wall :/

lol. i imagined all of that stuff inside my cube :O
    white cube
    yellow horse
    brown ladder
    no flowers
    storm inside but only lightning

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sjenka View Post
    So your cube is cynical?

And it is supposed to be a fun activity. I asked this of a girl once who said, "there are no flowers, but the wall papering has flowers on it." I guess she liked throwing babies at the wall :/
    Who knows :P

I guess the girl considers children to be her whole world :3

Quote Originally Posted by BaseStamp View Post
    lol. i imagined all of that stuff inside my cube :O
    introvert

When it comes to the horse... maybe gay too. I don't know. I don't judge.

---------- Post added 2011-08-23 at 07:04 PM ----------

Who knows :P

I guess the girl considers children to be her whole world :3
    After discussing it, she agreed that she might want kids, but just didn't know where they would fit in the room at the moment.

I'm kinda wondering in what way yours made you sad.
    Last edited by Sjenka; 2011-08-23 at 07:05 PM.

Deleted

When it comes to the horse... maybe gay too. I don't know. I don't judge.

---------- Post added 2011-08-23 at 07:04 PM ----------

After discussing it, she agreed that she might want kids, but just didn't know where they would fit in the room at the moment.

I'm kinda wondering in what way yours made you sad.
    How do you find out if a horse is gay?

Well, I've always wanted kids but I know I wont have any.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    -My room was a medium size with white walls and no ceiling. I was looking at it from a corner.
    -The cube placed inside was of a medium size, was closer to the wall than the middle of the room, sitting on the ground and was neither tiny or large for the room. It too was a solid white.
    -The ladder was leaning on and nearly touches the top of the back wall and is made of brown wood.
    -The horse was a light grey, had no tack on, was not tied and was near the middle of the room between the two objects and facing the wall in which the smaller cube was near.
    -There were no flowers.
    -The storm was outside and engulfed the entire room. It had dark clouds, wind, pouring rain and lightning.

How I interpret it...
    -I live in a larger city, but confine myself to a smaller area because it's comfortable, but also because the surroundings make me unhappy.
    -I do not think very well of myself, but there areas in which I am proud of.
    -I enjoy venturing out, but am happy in keeping to myself.
    -I am hard to read.
    -My goals are close to who I am but do not seem very tangible.
    -My lover is independant but there when I need him.
    -There are things on my mind that have a strong affect my well-being.
    -I'm down to earth, stable and pure.

How do you find out if a horse is gay?

Well, I've always wanted kids but I know I wont have any.
    Well if a "lover" is inside you and you're male... because generally only males put things in... though it could mean he likes when girls... cringe

---------- Post added 2011-08-23 at 07:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by The Great and Powerful View Post
    Did I win? No? Well I'll be on my way then.
    No, but you passed. Tough test, huh?

Deleted
    Well if a "lover" is inside you and you're male... because generally only males put things in... though it could mean he likes when girls... cringe
    Prostates are pleasurable for a reason and etc.

Deleted
    Small room, very small brown cube, steel ladder other side of the room from the cube, horse unsaddled facing cube, powerfull storm outside the room i feel indifferent towards it.

This was completely the opposite of what i am really like. According to this i was born and raised in a small town (i was an army brat, travelled the word), I am far from meek (i get naked a lot when i really shouldn't), my career is better than ever and i have very few problems in my life at all.

Could not be more wrong for me.

Pretty much spot on, except the placement of the cube. I placed it in the middle, but i dont like to be the center of attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Eightace View Post
    Small room, very small brown cube, steel ladder other side of the room from the cube, horse unsaddled facing cube, powerfull storm outside the room i feel indifferent towards it.

This was completely the opposite of what i am really like. According to this i was born and raised in a small town (i was an army brat, travelled the word), I am far from meek (i get naked a lot when i really shouldn't), my career is better than ever and i have very few problems in my life at all.

Could not be more wrong for me.
    Because your interpretation is wrong...

small room doesn't mean you were born or living in a small town (though I did add Journey lyrics... way to miss that). Small room has to do with how large you see the world around you (Just guessing but because you've traveled the world, you don't consider the world to be very large or overwhelming).

Small cube doesn't necessarily mean "meek". Judge the size of the cube in relation to the room. If the cube and room are proportionally small it might mean your perception of the world is small and you're small within it. Not real sure as your description is cursory, but it could mean that your find yourself to be of low importance and have a very cynical outlook (but this is also guess based on your reply).

The ladder isn't about how well you're doing in your career. Its about the size of your goals, how you feel about achieveing them, and how they relate to your personality. If its on the other side of the room, I'd say your career isn't tied closely to who you are (steel to me would suggest something structurally sound). You didn't mention its height, so I can't really say whether you're confident about where you are or whether you still feel there's a lot more to go.

The storm I think is accurate for you because as you said "its powerful" but "outside the room i feel indifferent towards it". This type of storm could mean that you observe problems in the world in general, but don't let them affect you. Or it could mean that the problems in your life can be bad, but they're contained and you don't let them screw up your life.

Also your horse isn't tied down or saddled. It is independent roaming around but its attention is also on you, which might mean you want someone free thinking/independent but want affection.

Of course this is just a guess. If you provided more information then your scenario might make more sense, but this is also like a horoscope that uses very broad strokes. It's supposed to be fun, not 100% accurate.

Deleted
    So basically you can word the answers to suit whatever view you like?

Quote Originally Posted by Eightace View Post
    So basically you can word the answers to suit whatever view you like?

Or you can word the answers to make them seem hokey and completely false.