shadow dps question - 2589haste vs intellect

so i got my t12 heroic legs but if i switch out legs i wont have enough haste to reach 2589
    im currently wearing t11 359 pants.

is reaching 2589 haste a bigger dps increase then the almost 120 intellect from the pants?

This is a great question as I am in the same situation as you. If you don't have enough for 4 piece T12 yet I would assume that keeping the T11 legs and another T11 piece would be the best option as the T11 2 set bonus was quite good (150pp I believe). I won't be changing over my legs until I get the shoulders/helm but once I do hitting the haste plateau will be a major problem. I am currently running with the crit/hit BOE staff from FL which also contributes to the problem. So I guess I am wondering how much int you should give up to get that haste plateau. It's easy to gem for haste and such but we just need to know how much int to give up to do this before it becomes a DPS loss.

Obviously if you have a warlock in your group then you're all set as you should be the primary target for their DI, unless of course there's other shadow priests. We have 2 warlocks now so this may work out well for me most of the time, but before it was more of an issue as we didn't always have one in the group.

Having just recently been able to cross the 2589 threshhold myself, I can say it makes quite the difference in my dps output. I had been using haste pots to bump me over the edge rather than the int flask in raids, and i saw an increase of about 2.5k dps. Now when i had the pleasure of raiding with a lock, i was able to use the int flask and my dps went up again, by another 1.5k or so. Without being a number cruncher, i think the 2589 plateau is worth giving up a bit of int for.

Quote Originally Posted by RabbiShekel View Post
    Having just recently been able to cross the 2589 threshhold myself, I can say it makes quite the difference in my dps output. I had been using haste pots to bump me over the edge rather than the int flask in raids, and i saw an increase of about 2.5k dps. Now when i had the pleasure of raiding with a lock, i was able to use the int flask and my dps went up again, by another 1.5k or so. Without being a number cruncher, i think the 2589 plateau is worth giving up a bit of int for.
    I am inclined to believe this as well, though it seems weird that you'd give up 300 int for some haste as that is a ton of int. Whatever amounts to more dps though is the way to go obviously. If I get lucky this week and get my T12 shoulders I will be playing around with my dps to ensure it's a boost even when I go under the haste plateau.