10+ Year Old Account

[Book] Ready Player One

This book just came out last week. I really enjoyed it. I am not going to give too much away but it is filled with 80s pop-culture references most of which I related to immediately. I was really intrigued by the ideas about virtual reality in the near future of the internet and MMOs. Imagine being able to visit all your old favorite game worlds in virtual reality fully immersed 3D. Azeroth is mentioned in the book as being one of the many virtual planets you can visit. I also liked the idea of VR games where you are the lead actor in your favorite movie and you get scored on how well you match the original performance.

Anyone who is a geek or an avid MMO player will enjoy this book.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heh, just looked it up on Amazon and it sounds like a hell of alot of fun. going to have to check it out.

BTW, from the sounds of it, you may like Tad Williams Otherland series. Sounds like Otherland is more serious, but has the same focus on virtual worlds. It is very wordy and has a ton of characters, but it is one of the best examples of what a true virtual world would be. One of my favorite series.