[PvE] Resto Druid rerolling PRIEST

Hi there. As the title says, I'm a resto druid.

The main reason is based on PvP. And I'll reroll on PvP, that's for sure. Considering there is no priest on my raid team, I could use it too for PvE. It's true that I could play the druid for PvE and the priest for PvP, but my available play-time is not that much and I'd rather have a real main.

So I just wanted to know how priests are on PvE... It's just that I believe that druids are better then priests on PvE, but considering it would be a "buff" on gear for me and for the boomkin (my raid team lacks of a priest and has me resto and a boomkin who shares loot), it "could" surpass the "nerf" of rerolling to priest. Or still our raid would be losing? It's something like that: if it's the same, I'd reroll, but if it's a big downgrade, I'd not.

My question is, how is Priest comparate to Druid on PvE heal?
    My raid team has a Holy Paladin, a Resto Shaman and me. Would it work just as good as it's now with a Priest instead of Druid?
    Which spec should I play? I've never played seriously, so I don't know which I prefer, but I believe I'd rather be disc. Disc, although, is more for tank-healing, no? Would it work with that team or should I go Holy?

Thanks very much for your attention.

Sylvius/Shadowmoon-US

10+ Year Old Account
    I often hear that disc is for tank healing, and have been excluded from pugs b/c they said they needed a raid healer (!) but when there is a pally in our raid, I typically raid heal and do it well. Firelands seems to have a lot of elements of controlled, expected raid dmg that disc can excel at. Prayer of healing leaves divine aegis (a mini shield) on everyone in the party every time -- and I use it often. wings + hymn is an awesome raid heal combination. And raid bubble is arguable the best cooldown in the game when used in the right time/place. Use pw:s to support your tank healer, and do your group heals, penance, and prayer of healing and you will be fine. I think of myself as bracing everyone for oncoming damage and then keeping everything steady while the druid hots or shaman heals top everyone off.

Also, smite healing build is super fun, you have to try it!

PvP -> cool to go disc, r. shammy is better tho.

PvE -> swapping from a druid to a priest it's like passing from a Ferrari to a Porsche. Porsche is nice and very fast, but Ferrari is even faster and a bit nicer.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyevory View Post
    I often hear that disc is for tank healing, and have been excluded from pugs b/c they said they needed a raid healer (!) but when there is a pally in our raid, I typically raid heal and do it well. Firelands seems to have a lot of elements of controlled, expected raid dmg that disc can excel at. Prayer of healing leaves divine aegis (a mini shield) on everyone in the party every time -- and I use it often. wings + hymn is an awesome raid heal combination. And raid bubble is arguable the best cooldown in the game when used in the right time/place. Use pw:s to support your tank healer, and do your group heals, penance, and prayer of healing and you will be fine. I think of myself as bracing everyone for oncoming damage and then keeping everything steady while the druid hots or shaman heals top everyone off.

Also, smite healing build is super fun, you have to try it!
    Yeah, I find that disc priests cds are incredible for raid healing and when a priest joins our team (he's like the 11th member, ms shadow os disc) it works pretty well. I guess I'd play disc over holy then. But tell me, how to you find disc comparable to druid?

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    PvP -> cool to go disc, r. shammy is better tho.

PvE -> swapping from a druid to a priest it's like passing from a Ferrari to a Porsche. Porsche is nice and very fast, but Ferrari is even faster and a bit nicer.
    I like the way priest are on PvE, although I know shamans are better. Also, if I played shamans, I guess it would be even worst on PvE since we already have one shaman. My wonder is, considering I'll receive more loot - nothing very special, but I'd have to roll it with someone else - and the boomkin also (making his DPS higher), would it be worth? If it's 50-50, I guess I'd respec on PvE. If it's something like 70-30, I guess not... =/