Thread: Video Flicker

Video Flicker

hi ive been having problems with my computer every time i load a web page to a streaming video like you tube the bottom 3rd of my screen flickers just once i don't think its my monitor as i have 2 and it does it on both when it does it i'm thinking it may be my gfx card but the computer is not that old less than 2 years its a dell xps 8100 the card is an ati hd 5770 does anyon know any programs that can detect gfx card problems ?

Deleted
    Whoa okay. Uhm. What browser are you using? Is it up to date/video drivers up to date etc etc. The card could be damaged but that doesn't seem very likely at all. As to the GFX problem detecting software, I don't think such a thing exists

Also I just rememberd when I connect 2 screens at once, one HDMI and the other AVI my screen flickers. I don't know if that's similar to your situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikrui View Post
    Whoa okay. Uhm. What browser are you using? Is it up to date/video drivers up to date etc etc. The card could be damaged but that doesn't seem very likely at all. As to the GFX problem detecting software, I don't think such a thing exists
    A couple question, bottom 1/3 of the whole screen flickers, not just the video box?

Is this all streaming video? Just flash streaming video?

Have you used different browsers?

Have you updated the drivers since it started?

i havent used it with anything but chrome and it seems to flash for streaming video when it starts playing i recently reinstalled my computer so i have teh latest catalyst driver it also wasent doing this before i wiped and yes jsut the very bottom 3rd its very fast and subtle but noticeable

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by viper1884 View Post
    i havent used it with anything but chrome and it seems to flash for streaming video when it starts playing i recently reinstalled my computer so i have teh latest catalyst driver it also wasent doing this before i wiped and yes jsut the very bottom 3rd its very fast and subtle but noticeable
    Try reinstalling flash and trying another browser to narrow down the issue. If you play html5 video does it do it?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Please make sure you are using the latest version of Google Chrome, Adobe Flash, and the catalyst driver. The latest catalyst driver is version 11.8.

have catalyst 11.7 it says its up to date chrome is 13.0.782.112 does not do it on internet explorer tho

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Like I said the latest radeon driver revision is 11.8.

---------- Post added 2011-08-25 at 04:07 AM ----------

If the problem doesn't persist in Internet explorer we know it is a browser issue. Your issue is google chrome. I strongly suggest visiting their support forums.