Page 44 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The only thing I don't like about consoles is the dual analog system for FPS's. I'm used to playing Unreal Tournament and Half-Life with a mouse, but managed to play through Quake 4 on medium difficulty for the XBOX 360, and still wasn't that used to it.

New console games don't require you to buy newer hardware, and tend to be more polished on release since console games aren't as updatable as PC games, although they do have updates. You pay $400 one time, and never have to upgrade hardware until a newer system comes out.

I prefer PC though, but I don't own an XBOX 360...yet. I just play COD when my brother comes into town, or when I drive to hang out with him.
    Mursenary (Blood/Frost PvP) - Archimonde US
    Narahinto (Resto PvE/Resto PvP) - Archimonde US

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    A 3 year old title*
    46 months. Which is a huge amount of time still, by the way, and all the rest of the sentence is pretty accurate about why that comparison is biased.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenai View Post
    I noticed that you didn't actually counter his point. Piracy is still far more prevalent on PC than anywhere else, no?
    Crysis 2 on console was cracked and released before the PC version of it was despite the fact that the company that produces Crysis 2 only cried about PC piracy. The data is available from the last Game Developer's Conference indicating that PC gaming piracy is at an all time low. Whether anyone actually tracks console gaming piracy is unknown to me, I really don't care about consoles outside of it dumbing down the gaming industry.

But it is clearly evident that piracy occurs in the console gaming industry. I had a modded Playstation to be able to play cracked games.

No one is arguing that piracy happens for PC games. But to argue that it is the reason for the death or awful quality of PC games or the superiority of the console platform is stupidity. And in the end, the biggest untapped market for profits is the PC gamer, just not the kind we call gamer (think FarmVille people).

Quote Originally Posted by keLston View Post
    Crysis 2 on console was cracked and released before the PC version of it was despite the fact that the company that produces Crysis 2 only cried about PC piracy. The data is available from the last Game Developer's Conference indicating that PC gaming piracy is at an all time low. Whether anyone actually tracks console gaming piracy is unknown to me, I really don't care about consoles outside of it dumbing down the gaming industry.

But it is clearly evident that piracy occurs in the console gaming industry. I had a modded Playstation to be able to play cracked games.

No one is arguing that piracy happens for PC games. But to argue that it is the reason for the death or awful quality of PC games or the superiority of the console platform is stupidity. And in the end, the biggest untapped market for profits is the PC gamer, just not the kind we call gamer (think FarmVille people).
    /clap for you.... and I mean it. You didn't say anything wrong here. Despite that I'm sure it will only take someone 3 seconds to try to provoke you to "proving" it for them because they can't use google.

I remember playing Halo 2 a couple of weeks before the release on the Xbox... anyone else remember doing that?

There are a few lines where "PC Superiority" comes into play but nothing louder than the FPS crowd, and to be fair, they have a point. However, their point is only valid on a really immature scale. PC games have better graphics, better controls, more customization, and usually a longer shelf life for a user. Now, that's almost purely fact at this point, but what usually gets screwed along the lines is the price barrier in order to participate at those levels with PC gaming. And part long seeded spite comes from the fact that PC games really can't be sold when you get bored with them. They are, in a way, a deeper investment than console games even on the individual titles price value, and that probably instills part of the separation as well.

Quote Originally Posted by turbodk View Post
    He makes me want to punch stuff in the face sometimes. I could watch about 30 seconds of that before it just got really pointless. I don't really care if it's an act either.

Isn't this all the same fake crap that people hate rap for? Or is it just when, it supports your point, it's ok? This kind of pointless showboating and ego-peddling is the death of good gaming communities.
    Last edited by Caiada; 2011-09-15 at 08:00 AM.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by turbodk View Post
    I always laugh at that video.

Athene ftw.