don't meet minimum requiements for mod application

apparently i don't meet the minimum requirements for a mod app

what does this mean, and is there anyway i can still apply?

Means you have not been active recently on the forums or as active to apply, you can apply next time in a couple of months though ^.^

awe i come here and post all the time wth!

It means you're missing the requirement to be a moderator, which is mostly reading the news post until the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's the saying again?

Many apply but very few are chosen? Something like that?

Anyway, I know you're doing your best Garfield but in my opinion the application requirements are not strict enough. The main "obsticle" that eliminates 90% of the forum's member base can easily be circumvented. Of course I'm referring to the post/day requirement. 100 posts that show one knows proper grammar in 90 days, eh? The fact that you both stated this AND announced there'll be another application period in a few months will result in folks flooding the forums in a bid to meet the minimum average post/day requirement (and at the same time boosting their total postcount xD). Of course I assume the rules will be changed slightly at the last minute to discourage this.

Let's suppose you were going to have the next application process during Blizzcon 2011. Between then and now, one would want to make at least 20 relevant posts/threads per day between now and then. Doing the math, that's at least 1,200 posts total and assuming no serious infractions are incurred. Desire is an amazing thing you know.

...It's quiet and devoid of traffic but I'm content being the Admin of my own little corner of the internet xD
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Well it's sort of hard to have an automated process that can judge what a constructive post is. They are basically doing what you suggest, but they take the people who applied and look through their posts and go "Oh, most of this person's posts were crap he's out".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    What's the saying again?

Many apply but very few are chosen? Something like that?

Anyway, I know you're doing your best Garfield but in my opinion the application requirements are not strict enough. The main "obsticle" that eliminates 90% of the forum's member base can easily be circumvented. Of course I'm referring to the post/day requirement. 100 posts that show one knows proper grammar in 90 days, eh? The fact that you both stated this AND announced there'll be another application period in a few months will result in folks flooding the forums in a bid to meet the minimum average post/day requirement (and at the same time boosting their total postcount xD). Of course I assume the rules will be changed slightly at the last minute to discourage this.

Let's suppose you were going to have the next application process during Blizzcon 2011. Between then and now, one would want to make at least 20 relevant posts/threads per day between now and then. Doing the math, that's at least 1,200 posts total and assuming no serious infractions are incurred. Desire is an amazing thing you know.

...It's quiet and devoid of traffic but I'm content being the Admin of my own little corner of the internet xD
    Yes, but the mods can tell if you are a consistent poster or if you are just posting all over the place to be a mod. Suddenly have +200 to your post count in less than a week, AND applied to be a mod? They can figure that one out.

And I don't see anything wrong with quality posters making quality posts and then applying to be a mod later.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    Yes, but the mods can tell if you are a consistent poster or if you are just posting all over the place to be a mod. Suddenly have +200 to your post count in less than a week, AND applied to be a mod? They can figure that one out.
    However, what if, like myself, you've just finished university and have started in an admin job left alone in the corner of an office all day on a PC, things can get lonely and forum activity goes up.

My point is, it may not be fair to blanket everyone with the same statement
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Sylvanas EU - Fierae (Druid) | HotS | EVE | PUBG
    Played: Rift | Guild Wars 2 | SW:TOR | BF4 | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K

I would never be able to sit on forums long enough to be a mod unfortunately.. I prefer actually doing thing's during me day >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fierae View Post
    However, what if, like myself, you've just finished university and have started in an admin job left alone in the corner of an office all day on a PC, things can get lonely and forum activity goes up.

My point is, it may not be fair to blanket everyone with the same statement
    If you are a quality poster, then I don't think you'll have to worry about this too much. You can also always tell the admins this when you apply.

Also, what I think they mean "consistent" is more that you don't suddenly have 300 posts to your name the same week mod apps go up. I don't think spending more time online at work is going to give you the same spammy +post count that they are going to look for in applicants that "get around" the minimum requirements.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Among the minimum requirements posted in the news post, there is an implied level of maturity and knowledge that is required to be a moderator. I would hope that requirement includes using proper grammar and punctuation when posting. Current moderators generally avoid using common slang (dude, sup, chill), internet slang (btw, lol, fyi), leetspeak, misspelled "words" (u, thru, tho, 2 (instead of to or too)), and excessive/unnecessary smilies.

It may not be a job, but I think there's a certain level of professionalism and pride that is expected of moderators. If you go out of your way to look uneducated when you post, don't be too surprised if you aren't made a moderator.

/end rant

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    Among the minimum requirements posted in the news post, there is an implied level of maturity and knowledge that is required to be a moderator. I would hope that requirement includes using proper grammar and punctuation when posting. Current moderators generally avoid using common slang (dude, sup, chill), internet slang (btw, lol, fyi), leetspeak, misspelled "words" (u, thru, tho, 2 (instead of to or too)), and excessive/unnecessary smilies.

It may not be a job, but I think there's a certain level of professionalism and pride that is expected of moderators. If you go out of your way to look uneducated when you post, don't be too surprised if you aren't made a moderator.

/end rant
    I will quote something Badpaladin has said to counter that
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    need moar wiminz
    which is why he is my favorite mod

15+ Year Old Account

They're the minimum to apply; it says nothing about being automatically accepted.

If people want to spam 200 posts in a day to apply, we'll look at their post history and notice that. We saw it with the last recruitment wave -- people registered, posted 100 times, then applied within the first day of mod recruitment. Easiest kind of declined apps besides the "I WANT TO BAN PEOPLE TROLOLOL" ones.

We're not stupid; we're on the lookout for things like that plus post tone, maturity, etc. when we actually evaluate the applications.

Also, the app will be available from now on, as mentioned on the front page.. so there shouldn't be a reason to rush up to 100 posts. If people feel like taking it as an excuse to be more (productively) active on the forum, it's a good thing. If they spam crap, they'll be infracted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    They're the minimum to apply; it says nothing about being automatically accepted.

If people want to spam 200 posts in a day to apply, we'll look at their post history and notice that. We saw it with the last recruitment wave -- people registered, posted 100 times, then applied within the first day of mod recruitment. Easiest kind of declined apps besides the "I WANT TO BAN PEOPLE TROLOLOL" ones.

We're not stupid; we're on the lookout for things like that plus post tone, maturity, etc. when we actually evaluate the applications.

Also, the app will be available from now on, as mentioned on the front page.. so there shouldn't be a reason to rush up to 100 posts. If people feel like taking it as an excuse to be more (productively) active on the forum, it's a good thing. If they spam crap, they'll be infracted.
    Based on my theory (see previous post) and for the sake of arguement the next application process is in two months, one would need only make 20 posts a day between now and then. The following values are assumed during that time:

1. No infraction-worthy posts are made.

2. All posts are meaningful to the threads they are posted in.

3. At least 20 posts are made every day between now and next application process.

4. Accounts less than 3 months old or unverified accounts are not eligable.

As I'm sure you're aware, after a certain number of daily posts are made the new pattern alters the average postcount to match the new postcount frequency. Your example had nothing to do with what the point I'm trying to make. I'm not worried about who may be approved, etc. I'm not active enough to give a damn. I'm just pointing out one legitimate method someone could take if they wanted to cheat the system.

In fact, I'll test my theory in a future application period. Of course I'll have no idea when that will be which means I'll have to make 20+ consistently relevant posts a day over a long period of time.

...Oh and yes, I'm sure you and Garfield probably know way more than me in regards to this area ^_^
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

10+ Year Old Account
    Based on my theory (see previous post) and for the sake of arguement the next application process is in two months, one would need only make 20 posts a day between now and then. The following values are assumed during that time:

1. No infraction-worthy posts are made.

2. All posts are meaningful to the threads they are posted in.

3. At least 20 posts are made every day between now and next application process.

4. Accounts less than 3 months old or unverified accounts are not eligable.
    Honestly, that goes way beyond what should be expected.

Hell, I post heavily on the Shaman forum (my board). I'm taking part in a lot of the discussions as a member and not just a moderator trying to keep things under control. If I look at my post count, which I believe is about 3,500, and when I became a moderator, which was December last year, that's 8 months of modding. So in that time, if ALL my posts were made since becoming a mod, I've made just under 15 posts a day.

Sure, you CAN post that much. But I post a lot as it is. It wouldn't really be reasonable to expect mod applicants to be that much more active than our existing mod staff. Especially since a bunch of those 3,500 posts are me moderating threads.

Edit: okay, 3,700, but really I had about 500 when I became a mod.

15+ Year Old Account
    It counts 3 months. We can see history beyond that when we're making a decision. Again, it's not automated.

But really, if you make 20 posts every day for 3 months, I wouldn't call that "cheating the system", I'd call it... being an active participant in the forum. I highly doubt that someone would just disappear after that. (And if they do, we remove them as inactive.)

Besides, like I mentioned, there is no "next" application process. It starts now, but the app is available continuously going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    So in that time, if ALL my posts were made since becoming a mod, I've made just under 15 posts a day.
    It's not totally a valid comparison because it counts ban appeals, thread locks, and infractions, all things which non-mods don't have access to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    It's not totally a valid comparison because it counts ban appeals, thread locks, and infractions, all things which non-mods don't have access to.
    So I'm making even LESS than 15 posts a day.

My point was that 20/day is way too high. 100/90 days is a nice round number.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    My point was that 20/day is way too high. 100/90 days is a nice round number.
    Hell... I wouldn't even be a Mod if it required ~20 posts a day.

If you're active in [insert board], it's not hard to get 100 posts in 90 days. That breaks down to 1-2 posts a day.

Thanks for this thread. It was very informative.