Razer Naga + Anansi

I just got some question - how much will that improve the gameplay, and is it worth it ?
    I play a warrior at the moment, and atm I have a MX518 and have the 2 buttons in the left side bound normal, with ctrl, with shitft and with alt ... so I guess it would be nice for me to have some more control at the mouse.

What is your experience, and do you have any other suggestions which might be better ?
    BR,
    Ziux

My homepage! (on danish, but can be translated in right top corner)

I do like using the naga myself,even with my large hands. The Anasi on the other hand from personal experience is complete garbage.Way better keyboards out there.

I've got both and the Anansi really feels like an overkill to be honest. I don't really use the seven extra modifiers and the five side buttons, and use four of the side Naga buttons. That said, the Naga is a really comfortable mouse to hold, and I have no regrets over the purchases.

the anansi feels really weird for most people, i bought because my arctosa keys where completely faded, im using the arctosa again after a week of using that shitty anansi
    "Anger dwells only in the bosom of fools" Albert Einstein

Deleted
    Yeah. just doesn't feel right. If all, you could get a Logitech Gaming keyboard, they're quite good and the G110 doesn't have a screen if you don't want it, but still has most of the other fuctions.

Deleted
    Belkin n-52e gamepad on your left hand, Razer Naga on your right.

That does just fine for me

I had a MX518 and bought a Naga.

Now I use my MX518 and I bought a G110 keyboard to it instead. The Naga is extremely overrated.

The main benefit of using both is the modifier keys under the spacebar.
    That allows your thumb on its own to use any of the 7 keys underneath to provide a combination of 1 or more modifiers as Ctrl, Alt and Shift.
    Using just your thumb would therefore toggle upto an additional 7 sets of functions from the same keys on the naga, allowing just from the side 12 upto 96 spells or abilities to be used from the naga.
    You could should you not need that sort of quantity, instead map those keys to other situational abilities or cooldowns maybe due to the positioning under the spacebar being easier to access for some people.
    For me however the idea would be to use perhaps multi-key modifiers to provide more buttons on the naga, but single key modifiers such as shift and alt to allow directing at a focus or myself on shift and alt respectively maybe.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2011-08-24 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ziux View Post
    I just got some question - how much will that improve the gameplay, and is it worth it ?
    I play a warrior at the moment, and atm I have a MX518 and have the 2 buttons in the left side bound normal, with ctrl, with shitft and with alt ... so I guess it would be nice for me to have some more control at the mouse.

What is your experience, and do you have any other suggestions which might be better ?
    Personally, I don't have one at the moment, but if I did, I would bind my F1-4 keys (Main CD's during arenas) to 1-4, and then bind Num 4-9 to 5-10, and then 11/12 would be for my Presences (DK) or Stances (Warrior). My 2 cents, just because I have no issues hitting 1-5 on my keyboard

Thank you for the nice answers - it was also the keyboard I had most doubt in!
    But what can you suggest as a keyboard when you play with a Naga ?

I was thinking about a Logitech, I got an old G11 now but thinking about upgrading it to something with brighter colors and custom-able colors.
    BR,
    Ziux

TBH I haven't liked any razer keyboard i've used except for the blackwidow.
    With that said, the blackwidow is still the best keyboard i've ever used. The regular blackwidow is cheap enough and a great deal for such a good mechanical keyboard. I would definitely recommend you try one out and pick it up.

I use both the Anansi and the classic Naga. Honestly don't think i could use other peripherals anymore, they're just so perfect for me.

Haven't had problems with either of them since i got them either.

Anansi fits well if you have huge hands.
    Colour my life with the chaos of trouble.

Deleted
    Logitech G13, Logitech G15, Cyborg R.A.T.7

The perfect combo for me.

I was thinking about the Logitech G510 - but I'm not sure the light is bright eneugh.
    Do anyone have some expierence with the G510 and can maybe compare it to the G11 (brightness in light, etc.)
    BR,
    Ziux

Love my naga, just got my anansi in the mail last night, unsure how i feel about it so far..

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    I had a MX518 and bought a Naga.
    Now I use my MX518 and I bought a G110 keyboard to it instead. The Naga is extremely overrated.
    oh it's you......
    :-P
    LFG is like a playground. the idea is great but retarded kids ruin it for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyskato View Post
    Is it bad that I think that Draenei fan art is really hot?
    fap fap fap
    What?

Deleted
    If you play a Warrior, I would suggest the Naga and the Nostromo. I have both and they have improved my gaming so far. I have gotten used to both of the devices and its fairly easy and comfortable to use.

15+ Year Old Account
    mx518 > **

This is the same combo that I've been using for a few months now and I like them very much. I only use the 5 macro keys on the left hand side of the keyboard in combo with the 12 button thumb pad, haven't used the Anansi to its full potential yet, but I know the other functions are there if I need them to be.

Most other keyboards will be similar in general use because their button arrangements outside of macro buttons to the side will be identical.
    For those who can benefit from those extra keys beneath the space bar, either due to a need for more or the inability to se other keys near the wasd comfortably then The Anansi could be quite good. There are also options such as the Belkin N52/N52TE, Razer Nostromo (basically an updated slightly N52TE) or Logitech G13.
    Otherwise it comes down to the other features that a full keyboard offers.