Deleted

The link between firelands trash and bosses

First attempts on Shannox HC tonight... I want to avoid respawning trash should we decide after a few hours to just get everything clear on normal.

I'm wondering which trash is linked to which boss so we can avoid respawning trash when/if we decide we've had enough and just want Shannox to fall over and cough up loot.

For example, if we killed Alystrazor and Rhyolith in normal, then reset the instance to heroic.. would any trash we cleared on the way to them respawn? Would some vanish all together?

A little side note, I've been hearing good things about killing Shannox hc in Alystrazor's "area" due to the smooth ground and ease of seeing traps. Has anyone tried this and can share any thoughts / tips?

Most of the trash you'll encounter before getting Shannox to spawn is either Shannox's trash, or untied trash. So you can't clear Rhyolith/Alysrazor/Beth/Baleroc and have a chunk of trash be gone for you.

As for Alysrazor's room, I have not tried it in there, but we have had no trouble spotting traps and such along the road around where the Pyrelords and such are.

As for it being your first night on Shannox, good luck to you. I would definitely say that Shannox HC is EASIER than Ragnaros normal, so if you have that down, Shannox should not be too much of an issue. My guild got it down in about an hour of attempts. The KEY we've found is having a good kiter (we use a hunter, though a mage would work too)

Deleted
    thanks vhaman, just what I needed to know

Deleted
    or... kill baelroc's first and kil shanox in his area.
    big flat area and baelroc's trash won't repop with him dead and shanox walks past the door so you can pull on the way past.
    alyrazor's is a smaller area and less than flat while baelroc's is perfectly flat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Viglante View Post
    or... kill baelroc's first and kil shanox in his area.
    big flat area and baelroc's trash won't repop with him dead and shanox walks past the door so you can pull on the way past.
    alyrazor's is a smaller area and less than flat while baelroc's is perfectly flat.
    Was my understanding that Shannox was a prerequisite for Baelroc so hadn't considered this

If you Clear to Beth'tilac, then clear to Rhyolith Shannox would have spawned by then. If you kill Rhyolith and then set it to 10 man Heroic, all of the trash in the front will respawn and Shannox will not be walking around anymore. You can avoid this however by pulling Shannox on Normal and wiping. Once you pull him once you can set it to Heroic and the trash will not respawn and you can then pull him immediately on Heroic.

If you are going to for your Shannox first kill, might I suggest clearing to Alysrazor first and killing Alysrazor. By the time you get to Alysrazor Shannox should have spawned, and if not just kill Alysrazor and pull a few more mobs. Once Shannox Spawns pull him and wipe. Come back in and set it to Heroic, and then Use Alysrazor's room to fight Shannox. You can put raid markers down in the 4 corners of the room and one in the middle. This gives a nice flat area to fight them on(nothing to get stuck on) and the Raid markers are good for Tanks to see how far they are from one another, and makes it much much easier for calling out where Crystal Prison traps are at so you can trap Rageface easier.