Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Right... so if I remember correctly, people actually said that the hunters from paragon were off their rocker on that one... sounds like I'm going back to 1235.

  2. #42
    Wasn't there a post from WHU or OutDPS, Revulva stated that setting your haste at a certain cap isn't as optimal. I might have read wrong, but here's the link,
    Revulva's Marksman Hunter Report

  3. #43
    Herald of the Titans Asrialol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Hunter Forums <3
    Posts
    2,842
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbadaboom View Post
    Wasn't there a post from WHU or OutDPS, Revulva stated that setting your haste at a certain cap isn't as optimal. I might have read wrong, but here's the link,
    Revulva's Marksman Hunter Report

    Aye, however I haven't seen any of the Elitistjerks supporters of haste plateaus comment on it, unless I've missed it. Would've been an interesting read.

  4. #44
    If i have to much crit should i reforge out of it or no?

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by YUMP View Post
    If i have to much crit should i reforge out of it or no?
    You can never have too much crit in current gear. So the answer is no.

  6. #46
    The Lightbringer Joyful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sweee?
    Posts
    3,161
    I just faction changed to horde, made my hunter troll ofc but the thing is when would the best time be to use berserk? with RF because they are the same CD, or just after RF or anything else? i need help please =)

  7. #47
    Hey m8 I'm using the exact same gems, enchants, talents and glyphs and of course the same rotation as you, but I'm only doing 20k dps. Do you know what the problem is?


    Modedit: These boards are English only. I suggest you read the Forum Guidelines so you know the site rules! I took the liberty of translating your post, too! - Asrialol
    Last edited by Asrialol; 2011-09-23 at 04:17 PM.

  8. #48
    Herald of the Titans Asrialol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Hunter Forums <3
    Posts
    2,842
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazita View Post
    Hey m8 I'm using the exact same gems, enchants, talents and glyphs and of course the same rotation as you, but I'm only doing 20k dps. Do you know what the problem is?
    You might want to link me your armory or something. You can also post in this thread to get your stuff rated by others as well.

  9. #49
    Normal Phase
    This is basically the phase from 90>25% health, which consists of your normal rotation. You should start with making sure SrS is up on your target, then use Chimera Shot off cooldown. Use Arcane Shot to dump focus, and Steady Shot to fill it. When you get a MMM AI proc, replace it with a Arcane Shot. Usually your rotation looks like this: CS SS SS AS AS SS SS CS, repeat. This depends on your haste rating. If under the effect of Bloodlust, Timewarp / Rapid Fire, Arcane Shot should be replaced with Aimed Shot for the focus dump.
    Is this still accurate? I'll be the first to admit I don't keep track of hunter rotations, glyphs and changes of that sort since it is my alt. But that doesn't mean I want to slack on DPS. I've had Aimed Shot glyphed over Arcane, but I'm honestly tired of dumping focus with Aimed, it's boring and it clips Auto Shot which reduces 4p procs. If I have lust/rapid fire, I would still dump focus with Aimed but otherwise is using Arcane a loss/gain/about even?

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyIllidan View Post
    Is this still accurate? I'll be the first to admit I don't keep track of hunter rotations, glyphs and changes of that sort since it is my alt. But that doesn't mean I want to slack on DPS. I've had Aimed Shot glyphed over Arcane, but I'm honestly tired of dumping focus with Aimed, it's boring and it clips Auto Shot which reduces 4p procs. If I have lust/rapid fire, I would still dump focus with Aimed but otherwise is using Arcane a loss/gain/about even?
    Aimed glyph is not worth it over Arcane, although due to the way FD sim works, it might seem like it (FD assumes you gain the 5 extra focus instantly, while in reality theres a slight delay, which means you won't make as good use of the glyph as the simulator does).
    The "best" way to play a hunter at the moment, is using Aimed to burn focus during haste effects, and to dump with Aimed outside haste effects - HOWEVER, only if youre 110% positive youre not going to move. An example is Beth'tilac P2, using aimed to dump is better than arcane at that point. However, a high movement fight like Rhyolith, you'd be better off dumping with Arcane - the dps difference is very minimal, but if youre going to min/max, then obviously, you'll spring for it. And to answer the question - yes, 5XSS2Xinstant1XChim is the way to go (in no particular order, mind you - just make sure to keep improved steady shot up).

  11. #51
    hmm i have a porblem whit my dps as hunter can some one /wisper Kazita night elfe hunter on neptulon a check me out ?

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazita View Post
    Hey m8 I'm using the exact same gems, enchants, talents and glyphs and of course the same rotation as you, but I'm only doing 20k dps. Do you know what the problem is?


    Modedit: These boards are English only. I suggest you read the Forum Guidelines so you know the site rules! I took the liberty of translating your post, too! - Asrialol
    Hey, I simply got an infraction for not writing in english - can the punishments at least be the same for everyone (I don't want one for this guy, I want mine to be taken back, because it's simply silly...)

  13. #53
    I'm curious on the opening phase of the fight, since I hear of hunters bursting around 70k dps, and when I do it I can't seem to burst much higher than 42-45k.
    I generally open with cooldowns-serpent sting-aimed-2x steady-2x aimed-3x steadies-1 aimed+1 chimera to refresh serpent-second rapid fire-more aimed and steadies. May change depending on rng in the beginning of the fight (fuck wrath of ragnaros), or if I get the 4pc proc early on.

    Most everything I've read says to do basically what I'm doing, keep ISS up, refresh serpent with ~3 seconds or so left, spam aimed, yet I just can't hit the numbers that other hunters claim to hit. Unless they're talking about absolute peak of their dps hits 70k but thats not what the average says on recount, I'm at a loss.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Blada View Post
    I'm curious on the opening phase of the fight, since I hear of hunters bursting around 70k dps, and when I do it I can't seem to burst much higher than 42-45k.
    I generally open with cooldowns-serpent sting-aimed-2x steady-2x aimed-3x steadies-1 aimed+1 chimera to refresh serpent-second rapid fire-more aimed and steadies. May change depending on rng in the beginning of the fight (fuck wrath of ragnaros), or if I get the 4pc proc early on.

    Most everything I've read says to do basically what I'm doing, keep ISS up, refresh serpent with ~3 seconds or so left, spam aimed, yet I just can't hit the numbers that other hunters claim to hit. Unless they're talking about absolute peak of their dps hits 70k but thats not what the average says on recount, I'm at a loss.
    I'm thinking you're just not understanding what people mean when they say 70k burst, and are basing it purely off of recount.

    With that said, if you are looking purely at recount you will never see the "70k burst" you mention. to see the burst you have to go to WoL and look at the start of the fight to see where and when your DPS spikes. That is the Burst people are referring to.

    As a tip for increasing your DPS, I recommend you change your starting rotation to.

    *Before Pull*
    5 second Tank countdown
    4
    3 seconds - Prepot and Aimed Shot (Make a macro for it so you don't waste a GCD and for convenience)
    2
    1
    --Tank pulls about the same time your Aimed Shot hits--
    Immediately Pop all cooldowns
    SSx2
    Aimed Shot x2
    Then do a continuous rotation of steady and Aimed

    One thing I see many hunters doing is trying to "Chain Rapid Fire" even when they actually lose much of their rapid fire. For example, You do 2 Aimed shots and your focus is at 0 (Or close to) and your Rapid fire is ending. Many people will pop their next rapid fire during their Steady Shot casts, even though their haste puts them under the 1 second GCD cap. It's better to wait to pop RF until after you have spammed a few Steady Shots as not to waste the 2-4 seconds of Rapid Fire.

  15. #55
    High Overlord trotdawg2k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    161
    One thing i noticed....You said Kill Shot phase starts at 25%. Kill Shot only works at 20% and lower.


    oops, nvm. Noticed you said Termination Phase, not Kill Shot Phase. I take what i said back.
    Last edited by trotdawg2k; 2011-09-30 at 12:41 PM. Reason: made a boo boo :p

  16. #56
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Comox Valley, BC
    Posts
    4,390
    Great info here. Been survival for as long as I can remember but last night I found myself in a raid with an equivalently geared hunter who was rolling as MM. I was taken aback dude was pulling 22K to my 18K. I was like "Bro what spec are you, that damage is crazy?". After he told me MM I had to check out the build.

    This morning I glyphed, specced, and reforged for MM and hit up a target dummy. I need to get use to the new rotation but even with me partly mashing buttons through I could see a damage increase. This should be fun the next raid.

  17. #57
    Hey I have a question :P

    I'm a orc hunter, is it a higher dps increase to only pop my Rapid Fire and Blood Fury together? because one is 3m cd and the other is 2m, i pop them both together at CA phase but then should i wait till RP is off CD to use it with my BF? same goes with that Ricket's Magnetic Fireball, after the first round of CDs should i use RP on its own and BF and RMF together so they are always on cd?

    Thanks in advance

  18. #58
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Comox Valley, BC
    Posts
    4,390
    Quote Originally Posted by Warcrafter View Post
    Hey I have a question :P

    I'm a orc hunter, is it a higher dps increase to only pop my Rapid Fire and Blood Fury together? because one is 3m cd and the other is 2m, i pop them both together at CA phase but then should i wait till RP is off CD to use it with my BF? same goes with that Ricket's Magnetic Fireball, after the first round of CDs should i use RP on its own and BF and RMF together so they are always on cd?

    Thanks in advance
    No clue what the RMF is but using the racial and RF at the same time has been commonly used since WoTLK at least. It is highly recommended to use a trinket, RF, and a racial at the same time via a macro.

    Wanted to clarify a bit more. The reason we do this is to capitalize on the damage modifier gained by your racial. In the case of using it every CD vs using it in conjunction with RF, you gain more DPS combining rather than using them separate.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Culadin View Post
    No clue what the RMF is but using the racial and RF at the same time has been commonly used since WoTLK at least.
    RMF, here you go!
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Magtheridon-US Horde 20-man, SoO-14/14H US#29, currently recruiting all
    Website: http://www.guilesthemesong.wowlaunch.com
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

  20. #60
    Herald of the Titans Asrialol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Hunter Forums <3
    Posts
    2,842
    Quote Originally Posted by Culadin View Post
    Great info here. Been survival for as long as I can remember but last night I found myself in a raid with an equivalently geared hunter who was rolling as MM. I was taken aback dude was pulling 22K to my 18K. I was like "Bro what spec are you, that damage is crazy?". After he told me MM I had to check out the build.

    This morning I glyphed, specced, and reforged for MM and hit up a target dummy. I need to get use to the new rotation but even with me partly mashing buttons through I could see a damage increase. This should be fun the next raid.
    Keep in mind that you get an additional 60% crit chance with Steady + Aimed on Dummies, so the DPS you see there is really misleading. But yeah, you should, if played right, see a pretty nice DPS increase single target by going MM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •