Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    With your Aimed shot proc, Master Marksman, and the amount of times it will proc in a fight, Arcane shot will do more damage over time than casting a full timer aimed shot. That being said, opening with rapid fire and a potion you should be using aimed shot as much as focus will allow until rapid fire is up, also whenever you have rapid fire available.
    Haste heavy MM hunters have the advantage of using aimed shot with Starcatcher Compass, if you have an addon that lets you know when it procs. I use the heroic version and the haste increase puts me well up in the mid 3000's for haste. Its nice because your aimed shot cast time is reduced to almost 1 second...but I digress...
    For a hunter in regular 378 gear or even 384, the mm rotation without any haste buffs should include arcane shot. The loss from a 2 second cast is not worth it. And because gear has gotten better from 4.1, the damage of arcane shot, along with the 5% increase in damage from the glyph, you'd be stupid not to use it

Quote Originally Posted by Restrung View Post
    With your Aimed shot proc, Master Marksman, and the amount of times it will proc in a fight, Arcane shot will do more damage over time than casting a full timer aimed shot. That being said, opening with rapid fire and a potion you should be using aimed shot as much as focus will allow until rapid fire is up, also whenever you have rapid fire available.
    Haste heavy MM hunters have the advantage of using aimed shot with Starcatcher Compass, if you have an addon that lets you know when it procs. I use the heroic version and the haste increase puts me well up in the mid 3000's for haste. Its nice because your aimed shot cast time is reduced to almost 1 second...but I digress...
    For a hunter in regular 378 gear or even 384, the mm rotation without any haste buffs should include arcane shot. The loss from a 2 second cast is not worth it. And because gear has gotten better from 4.1, the damage of arcane shot, along with the 5% increase in damage from the glyph, you'd be stupid not to use it
    Very informative, but pretty useless considering MM is mediocre and a good chunk behind Survival. Very few people play the spec nowadays.

Deleted
    I have always leaned towards MM I enjoy it the most so thanks for this invaluable info:-)

Can this get updated (particularly the talents) for 5.0.4? Thanks in advance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Metaphoric View Post
    Very informative, but pretty useless considering MM is mediocre and a good chunk behind Survival. Very few people play the spec nowadays.
    Then I take it u never bothered to look on Elitiest jerks then, Whitefyst did a MM guide for 5.04... and it is a very heavy Haste dependant... 9800 haste rating...

I start MM and tried the other builds, but always come back

Any chance to get this "4.3" guide updated to 5.2?

Ya, it's supercool to have a 4.3 MM guide stickied for reference.

Oly damn this is still 4.3 guide, goes to show how many veteran & community active hunters are still around...