Deleted

What does Mirror images and Flame orb benefit from?

Hi, I´m playing an arcane mage atm and as the title says, what does these spells benefit from?
    Time Warp, Mana Gem, power torrent, volcanic potion, trinkets, arcane power? Have I forgotten something?

Thanks

I usually pop my improved mana gem right before I hit Mirror Images. While I am not sure if it does affect them, they do, however, seem to hit harder. As far as flame orb goes, I just hit it. Arcane power iirc only affects the caster so I am not sure the specifics.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I generally use Flame Orb for the conservation phase, as it procs AM alot.

Deleted
    All of your stats. Arcane power wont affect your stats though and pots/power torrent/ trinkets are all mostly spellpower anyway...

Also make sure you don't hold off on your flame orb you don't want to miss an application for it. Like Neinen says he's using it in conservation phases but if that means you get in 1 less flame orb that's a really silly thing to do. So hit it every time it's off cooldown.

Use it the first time as the fight starts. Pre-pot and cast Orb from 40 yards away when your tank says "3-2" and then start casting AB. You shouldn't have issues pulling anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone above stated, FO during conserve phase is bad ass because you can essentially chain cast Arcane Missiles while your mana regens. Very nice.
    EverQuest, City of Heroes, Star Wars Galaxies, EverQuest II, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, Star Wars TOR, Guild Wars 2, Rift.

Quote Originally Posted by Televators View Post
    As someone above stated, FO during conserve phase is bad ass because you can essentially chain cast Arcane Missiles while your mana regens. Very nice.
    Pretty sure AMSpam is a DPS loss compared to any of the AB3+ rotations, but I will admit that I could be mistaken.

Orb benefits from AP, so using it on first burn then on CD afterwards, is what I've always heard to be the proper usage.
    Just another bad mage playing his class badly...
    Worst Mage EVAR!

Deleted
    I think there was a tabel somwhere (I'm having a hard time finding it though) that showed all mage spells damage compared to their mana cost and Flame Orb was at the top of the list by a lot compared to the spell that was second (doesn't mean it's a high damage dealer just that it is efficient).
    I try to use it when ever it's off CD as long as it doesn't interfere with a high damage dealing (lots of procs) burst phase (even though it might benefit from the procs I don't always think it's worth the extra global cooldown, but I don't have any sims to back this up).

Quote Originally Posted by Televators View Post
    gz you use the most retarded conserve phase ever.
    N

Nyantik, I had a peek at your armory and am quite curious 'bout the choice of gems in your belt + gloves.

You've skipped the socket bonus in your gloves (+10 intellect).
    But on your belt with the exact same socket bonus you have actually chosen to gem for it with a 20int + 20hit gem.

I do not have any hard math wether 10 intellect + 20 hit > 20 intellect. But if that happens to be you would benefit from taking the socket bonus in your gloves because of the fact that you are at 1720 rating and 20 more hit wont result in you being over the cap :3

Just my thoughts and I had to ask!

Quote Originally Posted by Levia86 View Post
    I think there was a tabel somwhere (I'm having a hard time finding it though) that showed all mage spells damage compared to their mana cost and Flame Orb was at the top of the list by a lot compared to the spell that was second (doesn't mean it's a high damage dealer just that it is efficient).
    I try to use it when ever it's off CD as long as it doesn't interfere with a high damage dealing (lots of procs) burst phase (even though it might benefit from the procs I don't always think it's worth the extra global cooldown, but I don't have any sims to back this up).
    Yeah - Rawr spits that list out and yes, Flame orb is our biggest DPET spell (damage per effective time) since it takes up just a global of our rotation but spits out the damage it does for just the cost of a global.

I'm going to clarify the part where I said I could be mistaken and say that I'm NOT mistaken.

AB3+ > AMSpam period.

AB03AM is mana neutral or positive, and at higher gearing levels, AB3Spam is even positive.

You should absolutely be casting Arcane Blast during your conserve phase - you should absolutely NOT cast every missle proc during your conserve phase - just the ones you need to clear your stacks.
    Just another bad mage playing his class badly...
    Worst Mage EVAR!

They benefit from spellpower and flame orb scales to current spellpower over its duration so using it just before popping your cooldowns for your burn phase will net you the most benefit. Other than that, off cooldown is fine.

'mini-burn phases' with flame orb, etc. don't sim out to a DPS gain in any way and should at best be used only if you made a large error or if a mechanic caused you to drop your mana lower than you would normally like. (Specific you need to kill this now! kind of moments)

15+ Year Old Account
    one thing of note about Mirror images. If you have the glyph of mirror images equiped for arcane, your mirror images will benefit from your Arcane Blast debuff and their own Arcane Blasts will do more damage. THis means that they will do more damage while you have a four stack compared to if you don't have a stack at all.

Deleted
    Do you know if that dependance on stacks cahnges real time or if it is set when you cast the spell?