Thread: New Computer

New Computer

I know there are a ton of these threads posted here but I was curious if this setup would run fairly well.

2nd generation Intel(R) Dual Core(TM) i5-2410M (2.3 GHz, 3MB L3 Cache) with Turbo Boost up to 2.9GHz
    1GB DDR3 Radeon(TM) HD 6470M Graphics
    6GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
    640GB 5400RPM Hard Drive
    Windows 7 Home

Thanks!

For wow it'll run just fine.
    Similarly for other low-mid range graphics games.
    If you want to play high end games you'll want a better gpu.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

What are you looking to run?

I would like to be able to run WoW at medium graphics with atleast 30+ fps in 25m raid.

Deleted
    You really should look into a better hdd, with 7200rpm and 1tb. They are most of the time just as cheap as the worse drives. (At least in sweden, if you want to talk upgrade that costs more than a downgrade you'd have to talk either 10k rpm or ssd, most other drives costs roughly the same)

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbnut View Post
    You really should look into a better hdd, with 7200rpm and 1tb. They are most of the time just as cheap as the worse drives. (At least in sweden, if you want to talk upgrade that costs more than a downgrade you'd have to talk either 10k rpm or ssd, most other drives costs roughly the same)
    That's assuming he can actually configure it... he's buying a laptop so it's most likely prebuilt with set parts.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    With limited information the laptop is fine. However for us to give you a better yes / no we need to know A) What you plan to do with the laptop B) Link to the laptop C) Budget for your new laptop D) Price of this laptop.

Yes it is a laptop, I actually ordered it already. I may look for a better GPU when it arrives. I plan to use as a primarily gaming pc, will also use to write papers and such.
    Last edited by Tolas; 2011-08-24 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolas View Post
    Yes it is a laptop, I actually ordered it already. I may look for a better GPU when it arrives.
    Most laptops can't have their gpu's upgraded.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by taekvideo View Post
    That's assuming he can actually configure it... he's buying a laptop so it's most likely prebuilt with set parts.
    Oh, totally missed that we were talking laptops.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taekvideo View Post
    Most laptops can't have their gpu's upgraded.
    Even the ones that can are close to the same price as a new laptop from Walmart. The HD6470 is a pretty weak GPU by gaming standards. Assuming you are OK with playing on low to medium settings you should be content though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbnut View Post
    You really should look into a better hdd, with 7200rpm and 1tb.
    Had no idea there existed consumer 2.5" drives at 7200RPM with 1tb+ storage capacity. The max I've seen was a 750Gb (WD Scorpio Black) - and even that drive is fairly expensive.