Thread: Lionel Messi

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Spain are the team to beat deffinatly, its basicly barca without messi lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trix View Post
    Spain are by far the best team in the world atm and overall it was a poor WC, like the last 5.
    I wouldn't say that. Spain has lost a lot of matches after the WC.

Must I also note that every match, from the round of 16 up to and including the finals, were all very very close 1-0 wins.
    Last edited by mmocadda1d7289; 2011-08-26 at 10:36 AM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRVbe4ro1RM

Yes Messi is crap and over rated.
    Dont think anyone said crap... Overrated - yes, made look alot better by his teammates at Barcelona - yes, Good player - without a doubt.

15+ Year Old Account
    Guy looks more muscular than last season.

Saying he's not that good is utterly foolish.

I'd personally have C.Ronaldo in my team but Messi is and will be a phenom for years to come.

Ain't he switching to russian Anji club like Eto'O?

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    He is not fat lol. If anything he has put on some muscle. I obviously don't know him but it doesn't seem like the fame has bothered him at all. He consistently plays awesome and always seems to have the right attitude.

Stood in the Fire PromiscuousPenguin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaja View Post
    Fanboys they are everywhere.

Messi had a sub-par world cup for the "Best player in Europe", which by far should have been Xavi, by far.
    You must have missed the previous league and champions league..:-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRVbe4ro1RM

Yes Messi is crap and over rated.
    Anyone can look good from a few minutes of youtube footage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGFO-qiuC38

There you go. Freddy Adu. You've probably never heard of him, but he was once hailed as world class. Pushed around some mediocre US teams, moved to Benfica and crumbled. Has since been on loan to several lower league European sides. Looks absolutely class in those three minutes of youtube footage though!

Messi should play his trade in another League, all well and good doing it against medciore La Liga teams every week (lets face it, past Barca and Madrid, the quality of the League is nothing. Valencia aren't what they used to be, Villarreal, Atletico and Sevilla are selling clubs at best.) Ronaldo has performed amazingly in the EPL and La Liga. Had a torrid time at International level though, so they're atleast equals there.
    Last edited by Bionotics; 2011-08-26 at 01:04 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Saw him at the CL group draw the other day, looks fit as ever.

About the overrated thing... I don't think it is really true. Of course, Barca would not be even close to where it is without Xavi and Iniesta and these two are definitely some of the best players we've seen recently, but this doesn't make Messi overrated. He is a true magician with the ball at his feet, he does even better when under pressure... he really is that good. Maradona, Pele and Eusebio are considered some of the best players in football history... what can you objectively say they had extra compared to Messi, when it comes to skill ?

Sure, Argentina is suffering even with him in the first 11, but if you watched more than 2 games with them, you'd know their team tactics, discipline and organization are absolutely awful. It's like they're trained by drunk monkeys.
    titanFocus.info -- news, predictions and place for discussion about Blizzard's upcoming next-gen MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Bionotics View Post
    Anyone can look good from a few minutes of youtube footage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGFO-qiuC38

There you go. Freddy Adu. You've probably never heard of him, but he was once hailed as world class. Pushed around some mediocre US teams, moved to Benfica and crumbled. Has since been on loan to several lower league European sides. Looks absolutely class in those three minutes of youtube footage though!

Messi should play his trade in another League, all well and good doing it against medciore La Liga teams every week (lets face it, past Barca and Madrid, the quality of the League is nothing. Valencia aren't what they used to be, Villarreal, Atletico and Sevilla are selling clubs at best.) Ronaldo has performed amazingly in the EPL and La Liga. Had a torrid time at International level though, so they're atleast equals there.
    Yes I've heard of him and he was never considered world class, he was considered a wonderkid who flopped when he moved up a level.

Messi consistently does it at the highest level. Get your facts right.

messi ftw gogogoo

10+ Year Old Account
    Spain are by far the best team in the world atm and overall it was a poor WC, like the last 5.
    I disagree, France 98 and Korea 2002 were awesome world cups.

Also, sorry to disagree with you here Jaja, but I prefer Iniesta to Xavi, both stunning players tho.

Messi had a poor World Cup, only overshadowed by how crap Rooney's was, this "best player ever" stuff is a load of bollocks, these expert pundits said it about Ronaldo (both of them) they raged about Rooney a couple of seasons ago, they pass this title around all the time, before they go back to the likes of Pele and Best.

Also "individual goals" is bollocks (didn't see many of those in the World Cup from him). Lobbing the keeper from the halfway line is an individual goal, players taking the ball from their own half once in a rare moment and scoring is individual goals. Messi gets gifted stunning balls in a very high frequency from Xavi/Iniesta who run the midfield with such unbelievable control. I wouldn't say anyone can do with the ball (once it's played to him) what Messi can do, but I'd love to see that Midfield work with any other world class striker, they'd up anyone's scoring rate with the amount of chances they deliver*.

And lol at you using teams people support to try and make a point, fanboys will be fanboys I suppose.

*Except Torres, God couldn't help him score at the moment.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

He's a small guy so he better add some weight to keep up in duels lol.

Oh dear god, you people have no clue, the above poster you're a man utd fan so i'd expect you to say something so wrong.

Messi actually had a good WC if you watch his individual performance, Argentina were crap, gone are the days when 1 man will guide his nation to the WC, you need a team.

Yes Messi is carried, that's why he scores so many individual goals.

Clueless people are clueless, Ronaldo aint a patch on Messi.

Messi is regarded the best player in world by the experts, they know a hell of a lot more than you lot, he is even arguably the best player ever, and many top class pundits believe this. It doesn't really surprise me that you lot think he is a bad player, as the general opinions on these forums are laughable.

It is a shame attacking players do get more credit, but that's what people like watching, if you had the choice of watching a player take on a few players and scoring a goal, against watching a player making a good tackle, most people would choose the first.
    Well i wouldn't say Messi is the best player ever, but he's the best midfield player ever i'd say. With Gerd Müller as best forward and Roberto Carlos as best "defender".
    But well just because someone is ManU fan he can also critize other teams players. Personally i absolutely HATE Barcelona their playstyle just sucks imho. "let's pass around the ball until we find some hole so we can attack, 5mins later well let's pass around the ball longer until we find a hole in the def"
    And yeah i'm a fan of the god old english football.

just watched the highlights from the game and i didnt see anything wrong with him actually he needs some weight
    Last edited by Ulfric Trumpcloak; 2011-08-27 at 05:04 PM.