Page 1 of 2
LastLast

1 man Safety Dance

Grabbed 3 friends (Spriest, Moonkin, hunter) and hit up Naxx 10 last night for some fun and gold. While they were flying, I cleared spider and construct trash (summon on CD); then we cleared Spider quarter and moved on to Plague. After destroying the first boss we moved on to Heigan. The three of them remained on the platform while I danced with him. When it was all said and done, I got my achievement.

Now, they all thought it was pretty funny that I didn't have it given how many times we've been in Naxx both during LK and after. Fact is, as I pointed out to them, I had to do it solo because no matter what, my luck always came to some schlub dying randomly, even at 80+ to the geisers.

Anybody got a similar story on an achievement you just couldn't get because you have to (generally) rely on others?

Oh, our druid also brought up that she missed out on 'the undying' because another healer died to spiderlings when their last boss was the end of the spider quarter....

Well, I remember that you didn't even get one shot back in Naxx which ment it must have hit you for 5-6 k each hit, so it can't have been that hard to avoid dying.

But I remember running undying 2-3 times a month from naxx to late icc. I finally got it where we went from hardest to easiest bosses and got it at Maexxna.

I recently went back to finish Glory of the Raider 25, and ended up taking like 5 or 6 people with me for Shocking!, we ended up just staying spread out 15 yards and not moving at all. In late ICC when they announced they were removing 'the Immortal' title, we went in and lazy/bad people died from: KT Void zones (twice), Sapp's Frost bomb, KT's Mana bomb (arcane mages ftl?), Thaddius charges, and even once had someone afk at the entrance, we pulled Patchwerk, afk person comes back, runs through slime room, dies. I really really wish I could solo this. I had plenty the raid awareness to do it... Just fail friends. :[

Deleted
    I recently went to Pit of Saron and got myself "Doesn't go to eleven" on my death knight, there would always be someone who screwed it up in wotlk.

Deleted
    My old guild got server first safety dance on 25 man without trying left us clueless for days.
    And we also had this warrior tank that tought it would be fun to charge into the adds on KT on phase one on a Immortal run he managed somehow to pull the entire room...

Quote Originally Posted by lolan1 View Post
    I recently went to Pit of Saron and got myself "Doesn't go to eleven" on my death knight, there would always be someone who screwed it up in wotlk.
    /clap indeed. Impressive. I have it already or I'd try that myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vayjir View Post
    My old guild got server first safety dance on 25 man without trying left us clueless for days.
    And we also had this warrior tank that tought it would be fun to charge into the adds on KT on phase one on a Immortal run he managed somehow to pull the entire room...
    Was there Server First for this kind of thing? I never got any, so I don't remember seeing them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    Was there Server First for this kind of thing? I never got any, so I don't remember seeing them.
    Nah no specific server first we where just the first on the server to get it.

The only reason it was special for us was becos the server first guild was struggling to get it and started making forum threads about us being able to dance.
    Last edited by mmoc53d469cddd; 2011-08-24 at 06:59 PM.

all you can eat 25 man, that and getting bit off BQL are the only ones i have left for meta

Are you proud of what you have created?

if looks could kill...kologarn...ulduar....the bane of my existance. I have the 25 man and the 10 man metas, 0 lights in both raid sizes, but there's ALWAYS some MORON who "lags" when the beams are on him. ALWAYS.

I did 25 Naxx last week. Half the people had never been to Naxx and I didn't explain anything to them. It's practically impossible to die now. This means nothing.

Deleted
    He can dance if he wants to.

He can leave his friends behind.

To plug the internet is another common consequence of dying and messing up an achievement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    Anybody got a similar story on an achievement you just couldn't get because you have to (generally) rely on others?

7man Undying on alts pre-Ulduar of course, so got Plagued Proto-Drakes on them as well.
    You could argue that it would be better to bring more people to kill stuff faster, but on this achievement at least we fealt that it was better to bring as few as possible to minimize the chance of someone we weren't comfortable with screwing up.

Whats the minimum 85s to get Undying?

[Edit] Apparently Undying is a FoS now... This is news to me >_<
    Last edited by Seref; 2011-10-14 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by furriusmurrius View Post
    if looks could kill...kologarn...ulduar....the bane of my existance. I have the 25 man and the 10 man metas, 0 lights in both raid sizes, but there's ALWAYS some MORON who "lags" when the beams are on him. ALWAYS.
    If it's a huge problem, take the most reliable players you have and put them in the hallway before Kologarn in a line, some 10-20 yards from each other. Rest of the raid stands in melee so that the beams will only target these selected people. I can't remember how many you need out for the beams not to target melee range, but you can easily check that. All they have to do is run straight along the hallway to avoid getting hit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once Bitten, Twice Shy.

So simple yet I always tank so I never get a chance. Woe is me.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    I remember that we went with my guild a fun run in Naxx10 for the undying achievement, we all were with icc gear so it was a fast and smooth run with no deaths until we reached Kel'Thuzad, while we were nuking him down someone stepped into those red circles that one-shot you after some seconds and he died...

Well that was the one and only time that i went again into naxxramas for any reason, so it's really sad to lose a FoS in such way.

Quote Originally Posted by Seref View Post
    Whats the minimum 85s to get Undying?

[Edit] Apparently Undying is a FoS now... This is news to me >_<
    Yep. Undying and Immortal are no longer available. They took them out and made the FOS i think even before the level cap went up, because in Full ICC gear, most of the "difficult" elements of the achievements could easily be outgeared. At that point, the only thing that was really a threat was oneshot mechanics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Almost every achievement in dungeon/raid that requires effort.

"Hey, shall we try [Achievement] for this boss?"
    No replies.

Fight goes on as normal as you see someone willingly failing the achievement.
    That's why i stopped getting angry at no-repliers :P