Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Does Blizzard intentionally gear Healers slower than other roles?

So I know, sounds like a troll topic but I am just wondering because I am starting to see a pattern. Perhaps my raid group is unlucky but during T11 content all 3 healers in our 10 man were way behind the dps in gear. The same is happening in T12 content. Each of our healers has seen 1 healer drop in Firelands (plus VP gear) where as our tanks and dps are all decked out in 378 drops. Just seems odd the same thing would happen two tiers in a row? We aren't the world's best guild and play pretty casual so aren't farming 7/7 or anything like that, but even in spite of our slow progress, shouldn't gearing be relatively consistent throughout the raid?

In my guild's group, it seems as if our tanks and dps are gearing up much quicker than our healers/hybrids as well. Week after week it's been tank, plate dps, and cloth dps items. Aside from VP/rep items, I've gotten one main spec item and one off spec item. It's just very bad luck, albeit it very frustrating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny, because it's the exact opposite for me. I'm a tank and I haven't seen one tank item drop from FL yet, nor plate dps. I've seen my share of agi leather gear and cloth (healing and dps) gear to deck out a couple of my guildies pretty well, however.

All in all, rng is rng.

I'm SURE that blizzard has certain gear labeled "healer gear" and they individually adjust the drop rates for those specific items to be lower than everything else.

Makes sense.
    Alt-aholics Anonymous member since 2005.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...totemic/simple
    85 Restoration Shaman, Elemental off-spec.

I see more mail and leather than anything else. Plate healing gear? Man it sucks to be a holy paladin.

Opposite experience here. At ilvl 375 I'm probably one of the best, if not the best, geared members of our raid (as a healer). Once I hit Revered for the trinket upgrade and nab my tier gloves tonight I'm really only lacking a ring upgrade and a helm (working on Rags atm).

/shrug

I got every drop I needed off of our first kills as a holy pally. Only need a trinket and I am done.
    DPS is Science ......Tanking is Skill........ Healing is Art.

Quote Originally Posted by wooshiewoo View Post
    The law of random states that its likely someone, somewhere will have 3 raid groups where healers will have bad loot luck.

It was you.

I doubt it's all that uncommon tbph.

Someone, somehwere else will have 3 raid groups where all their healers have amazing loot luck.
    Yup, thats what i originally thought last tier, but when it happened identically again this tier i began to start wondering if something is up hahahaha.

Could just be random, or if you have an automatic "spirit => healer gear, no spirit => dps gear" rule then you could be allocating upgrades (or bis?) gear away from the healers, causing them to gear up slower as well. I don't think there's a lot of spirit cloth gear in firelands (or non-spirit leather/mail caster gear), so your caster dps are going to share drops with healers.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopsa View Post
    I'm SURE that blizzard has certain gear labeled "healer gear" and they individually adjust the drop rates for those specific items to be lower than everything else.

Makes sense.
    hahaha, fair enough. But you never know, our Tanks always seem to gear up so fast we have been wondering if Blizzard wants tanks to be geared asap. But then again as suggested RNG is RNG.

Got like 5 players geared in heroic tank gear from firelands in our 25 man run, our 10 man run.. I've yet to see a single tank item. RNG is RNG.
    Last edited by Mudkiper; 2011-08-24 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by themortalgod View Post
    So I know, sounds like a troll topic but I am just wondering because I am starting to see a pattern. Perhaps my raid group is unlucky but during T11 content all 3 healers in our 10 man were way behind the dps in gear. The same is happening in T12 content. Each of our healers has seen 1 healer drop in Firelands (plus VP gear) where as our tanks and dps are all decked out in 378 drops. Just seems odd the same thing would happen two tiers in a row? We aren't the world's best guild and play pretty casual so aren't farming 7/7 or anything like that, but even in spite of our slow progress, shouldn't gearing be relatively consistent throughout the raid?
    Its RNG mate. Before I started raiding with my new guild, they saw a few healer pieces every single week. During the past 3 weeks I've been raiding again though, we've seen 2 drops (Thankfully I've gotten them, only Pally there). To make it consistent, Blizzard would have to redesign the looting system entirely I would think. Everything has a % chance to drop, it's not coded for, say, if X dropped last week, X must drop this week. If it did work that way, would be very boring, as you wouldn't have to *hope* for a drop anymore, you would know it's going to drop.

True, and ya we are aware of that healers no longer only take spirit gear. Our raid runs a Resto Shaman, Holy Priest, and Holy Pally. We haven't had any Int mail drop at all, 1 piece of int plate, and only 1 piece of Int cloth w/o hit on it. (Where as we have had so much Tank and Agility dps gear drop we are DEing most of it now. Most of our dps are bringing alts to raid night now and the alts all outgear our healer's mains)

What they really need to do is tailor the boss drops to the raid comp. Im so very sick of DEing rogue loot daggers and weapons. Sadly it will never happen because people will QQ "OMG I'm a hybrid I need a third set of gear just incase i ever go feral."

Quote Originally Posted by Hycen View Post
    What they really need to do is tailor the boss drops to the raid comp. Im so very sick of DEing rogue loot daggers and weapons. Sadly it will never happen because people will QQ "OMG I'm a hybrid I need a third set of gear just incase i ever go feral."
    I think everyone gets annoyed seeing the exact same piece of gear drop every single week for months on end, but it would be nice to have some sort of "trade-in" program where you could trade in 2-3 pieces of unwanted gear from a boss for something wanted...

I think so too. It's mainly due to the fact the spirit gear in FL is atrociously rare.( I mean there's too few pieces)

10+ Year Old Account
    In the entirety of FL, there is only 1 cloth item which has spirit, but it also has a chance to not have spirit, infact its rare for it to have spirit.

My priest alt is sad =(

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...c%C3%A9/simple
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Silence/simple
    Sergeant of the Master Sergeants, Most Important Person of Extreme Sergeants, To The MAX!

I've also noticed that this does not only apply to PvE. I've been doing a couple of Battleground and as a Healer I was getting a lot less Honors than I used to in DPS spec.

Also another interesting stat. In 4.2 there are 72 items with Agility for 3 agility classes (avg 25 per), 127 items with intellect for 6 Intellect classes (avg 21.6 per) and 81 items with strength for 3 strength classes (avg 27 per) So assuming an even distribution of drop rate strength/agility wielding classes should gear faster. (only counting 378 gear)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by themortalgod View Post
    Also another interesting stat. In 4.2 there are 72 items with Agility for 3 agility classes (avg 25 per), 127 items with intellect for 6 Intellect classes (avg 21.6 per) and 81 items with strength for 3 strength classes (avg 27 per) So assuming an even distribution of drop rate strength/agility wielding classes should gear faster. (only counting 378 gear)
    If we're talking balance we should be looking at specs, not classes. And you also can't just divide items into int/agi/str, there are basically 9 item types in the game for gear slots: Int Cloth, Int/Spi Cloth, Int Mail, Agi Mail, Int Plate, Str Plate, Tank Plate, Agi Leather, Int Leather. There are off-pieces which fit into multiple categories, for instance an neck piece can be used by Int/Spi Cloth, Int Mail, Int Plate and Int Leather users and rolled on by all of them. There are also trinkets and weapons to further complicate things.

Long story short you can't oversimplify this.
    Last edited by mmocf1640b68b7; 2011-08-24 at 06:04 PM.