Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    I imagine a Starcraft MMO happening somewhere in the future.
    Last edited by Jackedup; 2011-09-22 at 05:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackedup View Post
    I imagine a Starcraft MMO happening somewhere in the future.
    I thought there was somebody building a Starcraft: Universe MMO game using the Starcraft II mod kit. Apparently it even got Blizzards blessing!

10+ Year Old Account
    Pokemon easily

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've been writing my own 'MMO' for the last couple of years based on a concept no MMO, or game in general, has touched upon yet. After presenting the ideas of basic and advanced gameplay to several hundred people ranging from the 'Couple hours a week', 'several hours a day', 'casual' and 'hardcore' both that i know personally and complete strangers, aside from very interesting and useful feedback, the general consensus is they feel it would be an interesting yet amazing change from current MMO game models.

Before you say "A couple years?" remember that entire teams of specialized departments spend an entire year (at least 2 if it's going to be respectable, as history has shown) creating and developing a game before we (the consumer) hear of it. What i'm doing is more text write-ups, data write-ups and story lines, not so much programming, artwork and such - stick to what you can do, right?

One good way to market an MMO, for example, is having a deep, solid and evolving history with your target audience/fans/players, which is what made Warcraft successful (And lack of competition). Most new MMO's dont have that. If you dont have that, then you need to spend a lot of time fleshing out your story; make it interesting... Really grab a player by the proverbial balls and drag them into a game universe they can respect, relate to and be inspired by.

If you're going to make an MMO, base it off either something truly original and brilliant, or something that already has an established history of being just that... and not screwing it up afterwards. I have a good feeling about my own game, which is certainly biased, but at the same time it's never been done before and i'm spending a considerable amount of my spare time adding to it, rethinking approaches and tweaking the living hell out of it. That wont stop me from offering up some suggestions to you dreamers out there, because without you this would be a pitiful world indeed. Passion alone isnt enough; you need to be optimistic but realistic, outrageous but controlled... Most importantly, be determined. Watch movies, anime, cartoons and read books, comics, etc. Keep a notebook handy - ideas can come at any time so be prepared to get them on paper before you lose'em, no matter how ridiculous they might seem, because you can always go back and take a look at it and say "Hey, that's still great, but if i did this, it'd be even better for everyone."

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with steampunk, and Magic:The Gathering, BUT if i hav to pick one.. it would be The Elric Saga... the Young Kingdoms would be an awesome setting... and expansions could bring each new Eternal Champion story line in the game.

Oh ya and Shadowrun, also, Rifts would never work, the power ranges are so vastly varying there'd be no way to balance the game... huge discussion about this awhile back on the palladium boards. oh and there already is a dragonball mmo it's just not in the states.
    Last edited by Melanieshaman; 2011-09-22 at 10:11 AM.

Titan = Encompasses all Blizzard

Anyone remember thinking "Oh, I wish I could have X-ability in Y-game, because I could do Z".

Without going into too much of a tangent....

I strongly believe Blizzards' NextMMO (Titan) will be a Titanic "multi-verse" of all of your Battle.Net accounts' characters. Titan won't compete with any of their other games, and it will also be a "new genre"... It will be a "social GUI" in which all of your characters can show off their gear, pets, in a house or a space-ship, ect, and to brag about your achievements. They will have towns with things to do (think Entropia), with stores, pubs and social gathering places (remember Myspace acquisition was on the table?) full of "micro transactions" for new swag. I still can't yet see if they'll have actual fighting/combat, perhaps like-game-character arena combat, but definitely graphical portals that your character can walk through to take you into the respective games on your account.

Once we see other "Bind on Battle.net Account" items in other games, it will confirm it, at least for me.
    Spacebar spacebar spacebar spacebar click-selection spacebar spacebar click-selection spacebar spacebar dark-side.