Deleted

Majordomo Staghelm 10 man HC questions.

How many cat/scorpion stacks is the most optimal to go for?
    We were trying first scorpion phase with 10 flame scythes, after we spread out we took 5 cat leaps and then back into scopion phase and take around 5 flame scythes and after that we died.
    And how does your group rotate raid cooldowns?

for the first scorpion we do 5, then 7 cat jumps every time til its dead. 4 scorpion scythes for the entire fight after the first stack. on the 2nd set of seeds, we stack, then move at 80 energy and spread out before his first swipe.

we dont use any cooldowns for the first stack, so that they are up for the seed stacking
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

We recently switched from doing 4 stacks of scorpion and 7 stacks of cat to doing 0 scorpion and 7 cat while dropping our 3rd healer for a dps. Fight is absolutely trivial without any flamescythes, and beating fandral to a second burning orb phase is extremely easy with the extra dps and almost full uptime on legendary concentration.

Deleted
    Wall of text incoming.

I've posted this before, but I think it might help you.

First off I will say that this is, in my expirience the easiest heroic mode in firelands (of the 3 I've killed at least). What makes me say this is that we needed less than two hours of heroic attempts. There is no RNG in this fight, it is all about execution and maximizing dps, while avoiding damage.

The major difference is that people gain concentration while they dont take damage. 100 concentration is a 100% damage or healing increase. Therefore you want to keep this buff by avoiding all damage possible.

What it is on heroic is basically 1 long cat phase, where you take out the scorpion phases, almost. This makes it very easy, because the cat phase isn't really a major deal (see what I did there), as the leaps are easily avoidable. Also you won't have to time running in and out with seeds, because you will already be spread out.

Our setup:
    Tank:
    Protection warrior

Healers (any combo will work, as it is mostly single target healing):
    Disc priest (holy would make more sense as I understood it from our healers)
    Resto Druid

DPS:
    Arcane mage
    Warrior
    Combat Rogue
    Feral dps
    elemental shaman
    Boomkin
    Hunter

The fight:
    We do it a tiny bit different than most guild, but it worked better for us. The difference is that we actuelly take a shorth scorpion phase at the start which most guilds don't even do.

At the start:
    We had 3 dps stand outside during the first scorpion phase. Use whatever dps will be able to do the most damage, so your best dps'ers really.

We start out with a scorpion phase, where we take 6 slashes. We do this so we actuelly get a chance to use our raid CDs. It will make the fight a bit longer, but will give less cat phases and you will with 100% certainty not get two orb phases which we wanted to avoid.

After the 6th slash we move out, and keep spread (or stack in groups of two). Whenever Domo was about to jump people started moving to make sure they didn't get hit, thereby keeping their concetration buff at 100%. Stacking in groups of 2 makes it easier not to run to a spot where someone else just stood (and which could be the spot to where Domo is jumping). Mages and Hunters don't have to run as there will be plenty of time to blink/disengage, if Domo is in fact jumping to your position. If these are on CD, better play it safe and run though.

We take 7 cap leaps and stack up right after the 7th to bring him back to scorpion phase. As mentioned any damage will break concentration. This means that mages should iceblock right after stacking (and before major domo stuns the raid), paladins should BOP the best DPS and rogues should vanish. Doing this will mean that you can avoid getting the seed, which means that you won't lose concentration on the count of seeds blowing up.
    We spread out for cat phase right before the first flame schyte, so everyone keeps their concentration at 100%.

We take 7 more leaps in the cat phase, at which point we stack again.

Again we spread right before the first flame schyte. Orbs will need to be handled. This was what wiped us most time because we didn't communicate properly, so just sort that out.
    We had 2 range handle 1 orb and the melee took the other orb which meant that the healers and most of the dps kept their concentration stacks as long as they moved in time to avoid the jump.

After 7 leaps we stack up again. We spread again right before the flame schyte.

At this time we popped bloodlust. People have their CDs up again for the most part, people are at 100% concentration and there are no seeds or orbs that will deal damage and break concentration.

We killed it during this spread, but even if you are a bit behind it is rinse repeat. As long as people don't fook up the tank should pretty much be the only one taking any damage most of the fight.

Good luck!

And I am 100% serious, this is the easiest heroic mode fight in there.

A video of how we did it can pretty much be seen here. We took 6 slashes to begin with as mentioned.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE4A5-SfST8

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    We have been working on Majordomo for awhile, before we went with 0 slashes and 2 healers. It was a 2 shot.
    Basicly stack up get scorp to 70% ish energy, spread out, take 7 cat jumps, stack spread at 70%ish energy and repeat untill dead. Healers ended the fight with 80%+ mana without any deaths, total raid damage taken, 10 Mil..

Compared to our previous tries when we were taking slashes, raid damage was around 30-35 Mil..

So yea, one of the easiest hardmodes ones you figure out what works for your raid.

How you rotate raid CD's really depends on your raid composition but I highly recommend at least 7 or 8 cat phases all the time (if you happen to have a cRogue, that'd be beast). I have heard many who do the 0 scorpion and 7-8 cat, but our raid currently does 7-7-5-7-5-7-0-7 (bold being the scorpion phases, starting with scorpion). The main advantage of having no scorpion phases is no cleave, thus keeping everyone's concentration at 100% as much as possible. It's also worth noting to your ranged DPS or healers that it is 100% possible to keep concentration up through cat phases, time a strafe right before the main cat reaches 100 energy.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

My guild has been doing the 0 scorpion 7 cat tactic for the last few resets and it makes the fight so easy.
    The healers don't need to do much healing other than in the burning orb phase and just help with dps for the rest of the fight.
    I myself managed to take 0 dmg the entire fight last week with timing my clos well so had close to 100% buff uptime.

Only thing, you'd want to have enough dps to avoid getting a 2nd burning orb phase but other than that the fight is really easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Prs View Post
    My guild has been doing the 0 scorpion 7 cat tactic for the last few resets and it makes the fight so easy.
    The healers don't need to do much healing other than in the burning orb phase and just help with dps for the rest of the fight.
    I myself managed to take 0 dmg the entire fight last week with timing my clos well so had close to 100% buff uptime.

Only thing, you'd want to have enough dps to avoid getting a 2nd burning orb phase but other than that the fight is really easy.
    How long do your fights normally last with 0 scorpion?
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all

Deleted
    hey m8 (: major domo is also called the new lootreaver, or lootship, u basically avoid getting scorpion phases, and then u got all your dps with 100% dmg, u start out spread, dps the cat, take 7 jumps, then hug, before the first cleave u spread out again, take 7 jumps, rince and repeat (: easiest boss ever if u do it this way

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just wanted to chime in. Everyone else is correct. We employed the 0 Flame Scythe strategy and were blessed with no more than 7 total attempts before downing him. Highly recommend. Just be sure everyone moves even before he starts jumping to prevent them losing their stacks and learn to deal with the rather intense orb phase and it will be easy.

For reference, I honestly think the best way to handle orbs is tank + 1 melee with a defensive cooldown on the closest orb + one healer (preferably paladin) assigned to them. This will prevent them from getting leaped on because Domo's leap only targets ranged/healer The second orbs should be done by 2 ranged, preferably with a mage since they can eat about 11 stacks by iceblocking and the DoT will no longer tick once iceblock is completed. Assign a second healer to that group.

With this strategy, you definitely want 2 healers only. Healing is dead easy with the exception of the orb phase. Your healers should be used to 2 healing since Rhyo, Alys, Bale all require only 2 healers.

Quote Originally Posted by timoseewho View Post
    How long do your fights normally last with 0 scorpion?
    Our last kill was 7:30 and that was with the wrong people losing their buff because of shitty jumps and orb placements.
    Last edited by Prs; 2011-08-25 at 12:36 AM.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prs View Post
    Our last kill was 7:30 and that was with the wrong people losing their buff because of shitty jumps and orb placements.
    lolwut.

Our first kill lasted 9:09 and we still killed it without a hitch just before hitting the 2nd orb-phase.
    On top of that I managed to rank 2nd on WoL Ele-ranks so our DPS aint that bad either?

Webad it seems

Man, this 0 scorpion method is beginning to sound a lot more favorable, I might give it a try this week lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrelicious View Post
    For reference, I honestly think the best way to handle orbs is tank + 1 melee with a defensive cooldown on the closest orb + one healer (preferably paladin) assigned to them. This will prevent them from getting leaped on because Domo's leap only targets ranged/healer The second orbs should be done by 2 ranged, preferably with a mage since they can eat about 11 stacks by iceblocking and the DoT will no longer tick once iceblock is completed. Assign a second healer to that group.
    This sounds good. My healers are having issue with 2 healing during the orb phase that's all. Gonna try sound this out to them.