Poll: Was Gamestop right?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Littleraven View Post
    this right here is why i only buy things from gamestop if absolutely necessary. thats pretty damn ballsy on their part....
    This was also partially due to a misscommunication on Square Enix's part. Apparently they didn't tell Gamestop until very late, that they had entered into the deal with OnLive. That being said, I'm sure they would have tried to get away with it (not because Gamestop is evil, but because any large corporation will try to sneak something by in order to make some extra cash) even if they had been told and claimed ignorance.

of course not, that's entirely illegal

15+ Year Old Account
    They put stuff with DLC codes still in it out on the floor, it's pretty common for it to get taken from the cases actually, if you're unlucky enough to get the floor case.

When I worked there I actually cared and I would always put any DLC or other coupon/code type flyers in the envelope with the disk that's kept behind the counter, but almost no one else did (or bothered to put said coupons back in when they sold it) and that type of concern is in no way encouraged there.

Edit: Should have read a little better, this is pretty bad. 100% unsurprising, but still really bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ridiculous, i hope people stop going there and they lose money because of this incident.