Protection T11 and T12 2-piece are worthless; save T11 4-piece?

So Blizzard has announced that the issue of threat is pretty much completely removed from the game. Well, the tanking 2-piece for both T11 and T12 are damage (threat) based. I assume that this is similar for other tanking classes as well. So two questions...

Has anyone heard of any intention to modify the 2-piece to something that would actually be useful for tanks?

Would it be wise to keep my T11 4-piece (which is VERY good) until I can actually get the T12 4-piece? I currently have two heroic pieces of T11, and I just don't think that the extra stats on the T12 will justify losing the T11 set bonus until I can get a full 4-piece T12. Would like to hear some other opinions on this.

Thanks in advance for your input.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bgdish View Post
    Has anyone heard of any intention to modify the 2-piece to something that would actually be useful for tanks?
    2-set bonus from T12 is far from useless and I highly doubt that Blizzard is going to change it to something else... On a fight such as Alyzrazor (even more on heroic than normal) that bonus comes in quite handy, as you can see in the log of our kill.

While I do agree that 4-set on T11 is pretty damn nice, then it's just a few extra secs on a 5min cooldown, compared the constant avoidance you get from the better gear, that the T12 items are.
    So in my opinion it really isn't worth waiting until you have 4-set ready in your bags...

Deleted
    except that if your prot GoaK is a 3 minute cooldown.
    however you said you have 2 heroic t11 and so 2 normal t11? the stat increase on 359 -> 378 makes up for not having a 50% for an extra 6 seconds. so if you can replace the normals from t11 then yes do it however the heroics probably less and you might want of-set instead until you can get 4piece. chest from beth for example while may not be bis for you may be enough for a ctc gain to be worth it.

Thanks for your input, gents.

How often is the extra 6 seconds actually going to make that big of a difference? Normally you use CDs preemptively. If the healers haven't caught up in the duration of your CD then they aren't going to catch up imo. I guess with firelands and the amount of burn phase aoe dmg, you might get an extra pulse in, but again, the extra stats from the gear upgrade would be worth it, not to mention you will do more dps and will get the fight done slightly faster.

I replaced my T11 4 piece about 5 months ago o_O
    Was only useful on certain fights.

t12 2-piece is worthless? I guess you've never done heroic Alysrazor. Or, you know, any fight with a tight dps check.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Deleted
    On alysrazor the 2set prot comes in handy as pretty much other people stated.

Here is a log of our paladin tank on it.
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-4u...?s=5121&e=5931