Poll: Did you go to prom?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I've yet to go there, and yeah I'll probably go

Nope. Me and my friends were pretty much losers in high school. We just played Smash Bros. all night. I don't really regret it that much. I was way too immature to be with a girl anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Typrax View Post
    Nope. Me and my friends were pretty much losers in high school. We just played Smash Bros. all night. I don't really regret it that much. I was way too immature to be with a girl anyway.
    I wasn't a loser, or at least I don't think I was ever regarded as one by most anyone, and me and my friends still played Megadrive all night. I don't see a problem with that, we were a tight group and even though we weren't exactly sociable we still went to "prom" together just for shits. I used to say "oh yeah, I won't go, I mean, dancing? A date? Are you fucking kidding me?", which is accurate to a certain extent as I didn't dance or anything of the likes, but still - I do not regret going, and if I had not gone I would surely regret it if I knew how much fun we actually had.

We weren't many, 8 or so total, I had a "date" from another high school (my best friend, still is) as they weren't strict about who they allowed in as long as each pair had at least 1 person from the actual school. We didn't dance, we didn't drink, we just chilled around watching the other clowns, laughing and generally having a great time.

Yes and no. Went to Senior, didn't go to Junior. Had a terrible time.

Best part of the night was wearing a Tux. I felt powerful like I could control stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Persistence View Post
    I really pity people who didn't even have the balls to go to your own prom (assuming you had one, this doesn't apply to people who didn't have a prom to go to). No, it's not an amazing experience, but it's better spending one night with your friends playing dress up with dinner and music (and drinks if there's an after party) instead of another night at home alone playing World of Warcraft. Why wouldn't you go? Because you have something better to do, play video games all night like every other weekend?

And of course, I'm going to get hate for this post from people who didn't go to prom, but that's expected, as you guys really don't know what you missed. Pity.
    A lack of interest isn't lacking balls. Besides, I've done, and occasionally do "one night with your friends playing dress up with dinner and music (and drinks if there's an after party)".
    Why should I go if I feel tired or have different plans if its the same old stuff I already do.

I went mostly just so in the future I couldn't look back and regret not going. It wasn't anything special, but still kinda glad I went.

Deleted
    I really pity people who didn't even have the balls to go to your own prom (assuming you had one, this doesn't apply to people who didn't have a prom to go to). No, it's not an amazing experience, but it's better spending one night with your friends playing dress up with dinner and music (and drinks if there's an after party) instead of another night at home alone playing World of Warcraft. Why wouldn't you go? Because you have something better to do, play video games all night like every other weekend?

And of course, I'm going to get hate for this post from people who didn't go to prom, but that's expected, as you guys really don't know what you missed. Pity.
    I agree 100%. I hate all those 'it sucked anyway im too cool for it' excuses. Well I guess those are the kind of people that regret not living their lives the most.

10+ Year Old Account
    Our school organizes every year this big ass party equivalent to your prom. The best part was the 2 star Michelin food and the openbar with unlimited drinks.
    Don't do anything I wouldn't do

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celltrex View Post
    What can you possibly miss? Some assholes getting drunk and behaving like what they are? Ooooh snap, I haven't seen that a loooong time ago.
    That logic can be applied to almost any event in life. 'Why should i go to new year's party? Just a bunch of boring people getting drunk and watching lame fireworks, like I haven't seen that in a long time' cwutididther?

Lol. Feel tired? You have different plans? Yeah, you just happened to put your plans on the same night as prom (which is planned weeks/months in advance), okay.

Also, if you do dress up fancy and have dinner and music with your friends often in a ballroom setting, then wow, congratulations to you and I'm glad for you, but you are a very, very small minority. I don't even know why anyone would do that occasionally, unless you and your friends are rich Hollywood names going to parties three times a week. There's a difference between sitting on the curb at 1am drinking beers with your friends and prom.
    Ballroom setting, not so frequent, but it is not a once in a life time opportunity(the concept of ballroom party that is). Ive done it for various events, its not some peoples cup of tea. Not sure why some people don't understand that. And yes, sometimes plan collide. I.e. no one else is able to go on the camping trip at the same time within a 2 month period without stepping on that date. Its what happened to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Umchilli View Post
    I agree 100%. I hate all those 'it sucked anyway im too cool for it' excuses. Well I guess those are the kind of people that regret not living their lives the most.
    Again, its not a "too cool for it", its a "I don't enjoy that". I've tried lots of things I ended up not liking. Lots of people have. When you realize you don't like it, you don't keep doing it.

Its like trying to force yourself to rock climb when you detest everything about it, nothing more.
    Last edited by Stuffs; 2011-08-26 at 09:24 AM.

Went to two different Proms. Hated both of them....I had to dance.

Deleted

I'd rather eat dirt and shove a cactus up my ass, instead of going to a prom, let alone play WoW alone.

Is that what you call something better to do ?Why is it? It's a waste of time, having to meet "people" I have absolutely nothing in common with. I've spent 4 years with those holier-than-thou pests that pissed me off and attempted to make me feel less than I am, to boost their own worthless self-esteem . What will I miss, something that I have absolutely zero interest in, or were you born yesterday and didn't find out that people have different interests?

I've been told that "YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU WILL MISS" horseshit a billion times, even when I was supposed to go to the elementary school banquet, and at the freshman ball, and I felt like shit because I believed them like the fool that I was. That's because I know what the hell I like and what I don't like, and you people not only that you are 100% ignorant about it, but you shouldn't even CARE.

What the hell is wrong with this world, and its bizarre and obnoxious interest to tell me what should I do, and what should I like?
    Last edited by mmoc0f233d9eb1; 2011-08-26 at 09:47 AM.

Yes continue stating the bold like it is something to be remembered. Unless you got arrested, killed someone or had sex during the prom with someone who thinks of themselves higher than you do there is NOTHING interesting. Looking back on it now if I have the rage then as I did now I would have told the people who forced me to go a very strongly worded response beginning with the word no. Prom nights can burn -.-

Deleted
    Yea. It was fun for a while, but it dragged on for too long and people got too drunk while I didn't feel like drinking much because I was sick so I got tired of it. I almost regret going because it was very expensive. I've had much more fun at random parties with friends without having to spend anything
    Last edited by mmocf128060ac7; 2011-08-26 at 11:15 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celltrex View Post
    What the hell is wrong with this world, and its bizarre and obnoxious interest to tell me what should I do, and what should I like?
    My thoughts exactly. Saying "you don't know what you're missing" is total bullshit made up by someone who has interest in whatever it is you're supposed to attend, but can't stand you not being interested in it. More often than not, when people decide to not take part in something, they know really well what they are missing and skip it for that exact reason.

On topic: I did attend a somewhat similar thingie (we don't have prom here tho), and it was ok, but not really something I'd attend again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Umchilli View Post
    That logic can be applied to almost any event in life. 'Why should i go to new year's party? Just a bunch of boring people getting drunk and watching lame fireworks, like I haven't seen that in a long time' cwutididther?
    I see what you did there. You accurately described a new year's party (asides our fireworks aren't lame, or at least they weren't last year, but I can see those from my home without going to a party).

I wasn't allowed to go to prom because I showed up a teacher who was being a total bitch to a nice student who I figured probably didn't deserve it.

I was walking around one period for my school's "hall monitor" type class (it was mostly a "Go sit in the common rooms and do homework" deal for the cool kids, not "Hall Monitoring" class) and this teacher was chewin out this underclassman who I had only ever heard good things about.

Well, I quickly pointed out that there were classes right in this teacher's hallway that were taking tests, and politely asked if it was possible for her to not shout at the poor kid for other people's sake or send him to somebody else who could deal with whatever problem he was causing. I basically volunteered to take him to the office for her.

Damn, she did not like that. The principal didn't look like he cared, but he basically looked at me like, "I know you can take this bullshit, so just tough it out for my sake."
    Last edited by Confirm Deny; 2011-08-26 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Eh, I'll leave out the conjecture.

Nope. I moved out of the country a few weeks before the prom I would have gone to.
    Said no to the Canadian prom, didnt know anyone it would have been pointless and sad

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pickley View Post
    Nope. I moved out of the country a few weeks before the prom I would have gone to.
    Said no to the Canadian prom, didnt know anyone it would have been pointless and sad
    Why not? I'd do it if nothing else, for the luls. You don't know them so you can do all kinda shit + you won't even see them afterwards.
    Perfect prom.