Thread: Dark screen.

10+ Year Old Account

Angry Dark screen.

Hi, i've got a little problem with my screen, its very dark. I've tried to fix the options and everything but it wont help. But, when i unplug my charger it gets brighter.. I dont understand what the problem is.. I got a Dell Latitude D530

Thanks

There are seperate settings for brightness when plugged in and on battery.
    Check your settings for each of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have tried it, it doesent work.

Check in Control Panel > Power Options.
    The power plan will have a brightness setting, is that set correctly?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. As i said, ive tried it.

If that doesn't help then it's possible that the charger is causing a short/ground somewhere which is affecting the power to the screen.

Deleted
    http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/2451/statesl.png (Remember to adjust this while plugged in - when not will not work)
    Also keep in mind that most laptops have keyboard shortcut for adjusting screen brightness. Check your F keys - thats where Dell tends to place them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ive tried that too, nothing happening. Its not the charger, i tried to use another charger but its still the same. I dont think it has anything to do with the options.

As I said, it's possible that the charger is causing a short/earth which is affecting the screen.

That's not to suggest the charger is faulty, rather the laptop is. It may be the the charger lead plug has twisted/moved inside the laptop and caused it to rest agaisnt another component. Causing a short when the charger is plugged in.

10+ Year Old Account
    I fixed it downloaded a few drivers on dell's homepage. Thanks for the help anyway ^^

Always start with updating your drivers....always....
    It's like we are all Red Jelly Beans in a Jar full of various colors. Every now and then they reach in and get a Red Jelly Bean.
    We know we are in there, we can see the color, we just can't do anything to speed up our being taken out of the jar -- Jelly Beans can't speak.