Exclamation Crucial tip for leveling Archaeology in Eastern Plaguelands!

I just wanted to share a little neat trick i found while leveling my archaeology in Eastern Kingdoms from 1-525.

Since i am alliance i would start my "day" in stormwind (grom'gol for horde), usually getting the troll/dwarf/fossil dig sites in STV and other Zones to the south of stormwind.
    After digging all of them up i would usually get like 4 dig sites on the TOP of Eastern Kingdoms (plaguelands/hinterlands) or around the middle (Wetlands).

In order to cross this huge distance very quickly, i needed something faster than any flying mount.
    Luckily, i managed to find this dude "War-Mage Erallier" in Booty Bay.

He offers a quest called The Battle for Andorhal (located in WPL) and then opens a free portal for you from BOoty Bay to Western Plaguelands!
    You have to talk to him again after accepting the quest in order to request the portal through a "text chat option" thingy.
    After taking the portal (which instantly gets you to WPL) you just ABANDON the quest (DO NOT REPORT IT) and go to your nearby dig sites.

After you finish all the dig sites in the north, you can either fly to the middle of Eastern Kingdoms and do dig sites there (middle of the continent) OR you can HS to Stormwind/Grom'Gol if you got the STV/Southern dig sites again.

In short, this makes leveling Archaeology a very very simple (and relatively fast) hassle.
    I am sure many of you fellows know this trick already, but there surely are a lot of other people who can benefit from this knowledge

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    I just wanted to share a little neat trick i found while leveling my archaeology in Eastern Kingdoms from 1-525.

Since i am alliance i would start my "day" in stormwind (grom'gol for horde), usually getting the troll/dwarf/fossil dig sites in STV and other Zones to the south of stormwind.
    After digging all of them up i would usually get like 4 dig sites on the TOP of Eastern Kingdoms (plaguelands/hinterlands) or around the middle (Wetlands).

In order to cross this huge distance very quickly, i needed something faster than any flying mount.
    Luckily, i managed to find this dude "War-Mage Erallier" in Booty Bay.

He offers a quest called The Battle for Andorhal (located in WPL) and then opens a free portal for you from BOoty Bay to Western Plaguelands!
    You have to talk to him again after accepting the quest in order to request the portal through a "text chat option" thingy.
    After taking the portal (which instantly gets you to WPL) you just ABANDON the quest (DO NOT REPORT IT) and go to your nearby dig sites.

After you finish all the dig sites in the north, you can either fly to the middle of Eastern Kingdoms and do dig sites there (middle of the continent) OR you can HS to Stormwind/Grom'Gol if you got the STV/Southern dig sites again.

In short, this makes leveling Archaeology a very very simple (and relatively fast) hassle.
    I am sure many of you fellows know this trick already, but there surely are a lot of other people who can benefit from this knowledge
    interesting.. could teleport to twilight highlands to get midfield btw

yea another good suggestion, forgot to put that in.
    Both portals make archa easy.