Demo- When is too much mastery too much?

Just wondering if anyone knows an answer (or some insight) to this question, I looked around EJ and couldn't quite find a solid result, and simcraft isn't always correct, especially for demo

At the moment I'm sitting at around 2400 mastery rating (21.32 mastery) with only 1255 haste and I'm just about hit capped. I pretty much prioritized my gear to pump as much mastery as possible.

From what I've gathered around the forums, mastery starts losing value after 20-21 mastery, and I've seen a lot of top parsed demo locks only sitting at around 17-18 mastery (tho it seems theyre reforging to prioritize mastery) also most of them aren't even trying to get 1993 haste for the extra corruption tick, so that got me questioning weather or not I'm in the right to stack so much, or if it's just their gear

As far as I can tell there is no reason why mastery would lose value.

Your doomguard still triple dips, it still increases your meta damage at the same rate and it still increases your pet damage at the same rate.
    Maybe the fact is that your other stats will just start to become more valuable due to their relative lowness.

The answer everyone will give you though is just to sim it =o.

I agree with hoocha. And yes sim it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gonna stack that mastery till it gets nerfed brehhhhhhhhh

Made by dubbelbasse

10+ Year Old Account
    I've recently made it up to somewhere around 21.5 mastery and according to Simcraft haste has finally surpassed mastery in terms of per point value. I'm not sure if this is because I've hit some kind of DR on mastery or if my haste is getting so low that it's worth a ton to me right now. Either way it's worth investigating.

____________________R.I.P Excessive Gaming____________________

15+ Year Old Account
    Mastery doesn't really lose value.

Haste is more powerful than Mastery at certain points though, when you go below around 900-1100 haste (at around my gear level (380)) there is dps loss. You can sim with plots to find where that point is, for me it has been about 1040. The T12BIS setup on Simcraft has a lot more haste (1600) and it seems to sim ahead of full mastery stacking in that gear too, but I haven't determined the reason for it yet.
    Using computers to make demons kill dragons: Warlock beta spell WeakAuras here, @OOMM_UI, OOMM@kt-us

Haste increases in power if you hardcast felguard, as it reduces its cast time, compared to not doing it. Mastery is still best stat though for now

10+ Year Old Account
    i think there is a certain point where haste will become better as mastery however, i doubt that point is currently reachable with current gear.
    best you can do is using simcraft and checking it yourself.

Completely off topic but to Judge Malthred two things:

1) Over 9000 is over used and dumb.

2) The proper term is over 8000. Over 9000 came from a mistranslation from japanese to english.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quick question (didnt want to start a new thread for it) at ilevel 358 my demo lock has 1750 haste and only 980 mastery, entirely because using reforgelite it tells me to reforge everything to haste for demo lock. is that just blatently wrong? should I just switch the value of haste and mastery around on the add on (it currently gives haste a value of 150, mastery 138 and crit 116)

Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    Quick question (didnt want to start a new thread for it) at ilevel 358 my demo lock has 1750 haste and only 980 mastery, entirely because using reforgelite it tells me to reforge everything to haste for demo lock. is that just blatently wrong? should I just switch the value of haste and mastery around on the add on (it currently gives haste a value of 150, mastery 138 and crit 116)
    There really is no simple answer, more movement you find your self doing the stronger haste will be, tankNspank mastery will win except for at certain thresholds. A good place to test out when haste>mastery or mastery>haste is using a simucraft program or looking through an elitest jerk thread. Sorry man.

The default reforgelite settings are terrible for demo locks. Installed it. Saw how bad it was. Uninstalled it. Use a site like wowreforge.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post

2) The proper term is over 8000. Over 9000 came from a mistranslation from japanese to english.
    Yeah, good luck getting over 8000 to stick.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Yeah, good luck getting over 8000 to stick.
    This ^^

OT: I dont have the sims to back this up but I run heavy mastery (19.00) with around 1100 haste. When I got an upgrade the other day I went up to 21 mastery with 8-900 haste and I noticed a serious dps loss. Though realistically it probably wasn't that much of a loss, I really felt it was and I wasn't happy with my performance that night. whether this was because of low haste or High Mastery I do not know yet, I just like to get the most mastery possible whilst keeping haste at an acceptable level.

I have tried the 1993 threshold (I actually started 4.2 for a long while with that) and since going heavy mastery I have really improved my dps

That may be true but maybe it was both. Maybe it was 9001 but he just felt like saying its over 8000?
    http://darkened.wowstead.com/ <Darkened> Burning Steppes EU Currently Recruiting for Firelands.
    Part Time DK

The default reforgelite settings are terrible for demo locks. Installed it. Saw how bad it was. Uninstalled it. Use a site like wowreforge.com.
    U do know you can.... change the settings?
    Correlation does not imply causation.

Deleted
    Correction: Using default settings is bad for demo locks. Switch arround Mastery weight with Haste, put hit at "At most" (instead of "At least") and enjoy an addon reforging just for you while only using one button (Check my warlocks armory, it doesn't look too wrong, does it?)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prozac View Post
    Correction: Using default settings is bad for demo locks. Switch arround Mastery weight with Haste, put hit at "At most" (instead of "At least") and enjoy an addon reforging just for you while only using one button (Check my warlocks armory, it doesn't look too wrong, does it?)
    indeed.
    before using anything that will help you with reforging, make sure you have the correct statweights.
    the best you can do is running a simcraft to see your statweights, change the default to your own and properly reforge your gear for max dps.