High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Exclamation Feral/Feral in 2v2

Can two feral druids do well in 2v2 or will it just be a up hill battle all the time?

If by "do well" you mean reaching 2700 - no. If you're aiming for 1800 - yes, they do well and easy.

Deleted
    have fun when facing a mage or a hunter...

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably fine, it's a stupid amount of damage with cyclones. You don't need "skillz" as a feral druid until something like 2300
    Last edited by Ihsatakar; 2011-08-25 at 01:15 PM.

Deleted
    DR's?????
    Think it would be oke till 1.8k ye but after that you need skillz and good cc chains

Goodluck thou!

Quote Originally Posted by Rakatashi View Post
    Probably fine, it's a stupid amount of damage with cyclones. You don't need "skillz" as a feral druid until something like 2300
    lmao sorry its just not that easy to spam to 2300...

Its a decent 2's combo but DR is a issue with that comp...

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sukkamato View Post
    have fun when facing a mage or a hunter...
    mages and hunter are a walk in the park for feral

Deleted
    I am sure DR would be an issue but if you switch cyclone between targets so literally no healing would be done I am quite sure you could do decent... and by decent I mean dont expect rank one or any where close.

You can make almost anything that's not rediculous work in two's up to a medium rating. As double feral you have an immense ammount of damage and cc for the twos bracket at your disposal if you coordinate your cc's. Keep in mind that roots is a cc as well. Most classes can't break them without using a decently long cooldown unless they're dispelled.

Quote Originally Posted by TarTime View Post
    mages and hunter are a walk in the park for feral
    one nova nad both of you are dead.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazdum View Post
    one nova nad both of you are dead.
    I've never found hunter or mages hard on my feral

-Open with stealth nuke down 20-30% of there health
    -they nova and blink I charge and ravage another 10-15% gone
    - pet nova, I use dash
    - cone of cold, I use stampeding roar and by this point they are normally dead if not I still have trink and charge will be coming off CD

15+ Year Old Account
    I've never found hunter or mages hard on my feral

-Open with stealth nuke down 20-30% of there health
    -they nova and blink I charge and ravage another 10-15% gone
    - pet nova, I use dash
    - cone of cold, I use stampeding roar and by this point they are normally dead if not I still have trink and charge will be coming off CD
    Nice 1v1 situation you got going on there.

any mage blinking after a nova doesn't deserve the rating xP
    that would actually go down like:

-blink the paunce so there's no stealth nuke and pet nova at the same time
    -feral dash to break nova and charge
    -mage will have fof from pet nova so instant deep freeze after charge
    -feral trinket, mage cone of cold nova / refresh ice barrier (still at %100 hp)
    -feral stampede to break coc nova
    -mage frost nova

at this time feral is stuck in a nova for 7sc has no trinket and mage is very close to the second deep freeze timer and still has rof etc

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Regisseur View Post
    any mage blinking after a nova doesn't deserve the rating xP
    Any Feral opening with pounce doesn't deserve the rating.

Feral opens with strafe run ravage, jukes nova.
    Cat charge to another ravage, rake and rip. Insta clone pet. (If 1v1 for shiggles and if pet hasn't nova'd yet)
    Mage Iceblocks, Feral restealths.
    Repeat until mage dead.

Am I doing this right?

Theoretically, 2 ferals could nuke 1 person down hard. 8-12 seconds of uninterrupted DPS is pretty decent, assuming a full DR clone with a trinket in the mix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can only go from my own experience and that is I've never been killed by a mage in arena nor have I been killed by a mage I'm fighting in a BG. I've been killed by mages that have joined in half way through and starts blasting my behind.

You can predict everything a mage is going to do before they do it.

Now, if a mage catches you out of stealth that can be a completely different story, makes the fight a lot more challenging but I still feel the odds are on the drudis side (assuming the druid knows what he is doing)

Deleted
    It will work to 1.8k if you are both quite good and won't be too hard. Once you face people who are good at their class, it will be a MASSIVE uphill battle. You just won't have enough control to beat a team.

I can only go from my own experience and that is I've never been killed by a mage in arena nor have I been killed by a mage I'm fighting in a BG. I've been killed by mages that have joined in half way through and starts blasting my behind.

You can predict everything a mage is going to do before they do it.

Now, if a mage catches you out of stealth that can be a completely different story, makes the fight a lot more challenging but I still feel the odds are on the drudis side (assuming the druid knows what he is doing)
    You can predict things a mage will do but HE will predict everything you will do also. Mages and Ferals are close (both strong at the moment)but I think a good mage would beat a good feral. Hell, I can do most 1v1s on my Destro Warlock against Ferals.

15+ Year Old Account
    Then you simply face terrible Mages all the time, since any decent MLS, MLP or Shatterplay will beat any Feral/X/X team in 8/10 cases.

In fact, against other Mage setups like RMP, WMP, HPcleave etc. etc., they will still have the upper hand.

2v2 is a different story though. As Feral/Healer, any Mage/Rogue, Mage/Disc or Mage/X team is very doable. But well..2v2.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Biston View Post
    Any Feral opening with pounce doesn't deserve the rating.

Feral opens with strafe run ravage, jukes nova.
    Cat charge to another ravage, rake and rip. Insta clone pet. (If 1v1 for shiggles and if pet hasn't nova'd yet)
    Mage Iceblocks, Feral restealths.
    Repeat until mage dead.

Am I doing this right?

Theoretically, 2 ferals could nuke 1 person down hard. 8-12 seconds of uninterrupted DPS is pretty decent, assuming a full DR clone with a trinket in the mix.
    then you eat a full fear form the mage partners and then sit in full novas for the entire game.
    i dont see how 2 ferals could kill a mage/disc team, you will be snared for 90% of the game
    your are against 2 dispelles so you wont be able to setup cyclones.
    once your TI is over, you will eat a 50k shatter
    then its over