Deleted

frameXML bugging me again...

i get this error every time i open my friends list (from bugsack). in addition, it doesn't show any of offline realid friends anymore.

Code:
    2x Interface\FrameXML\FriendsFrame.lua:1311: attempt to concatenate local 'name' (a nil value):
    Interface\FrameXML\FriendsFrame.lua:426: in function `FriendsList_Update':
    Interface\FrameXML\FriendsFrame.lua:870: in function `FriendsFrame_OnEvent':
    <string>:"*:OnEvent":1: in function <[string "*:OnEvent"]:1>
    list of installed addons. problem is that it also happened with all addons disabled. i'm thinking i'll need to do repair tool action or reset my interface. how do i do that?

Code:
    ACP
    Altoholic
    Altoholic_Achievements
    Altoholic_Agenda
    Altoholic_Characters
    Altoholic_Guild
    Altoholic_Search
    AtlasLoot
    AtlasLoot_BurningCrusade
    AtlasLoot_Cataclysm
    AtlasLoot_ClassicWoW
    AtlasLoot_Crafting
    AtlasLoot_Loader
    AtlasLoot_WorldEvents
    AtlasLoot_WrathoftheLichKing
    Auctionator
    AutoRepair
    Bartender4
    !BugGrabber
    BugSack
    ButtonFacade
    ButtonFacade_Darion
    DataStore
    DataStore_Achievements
    DataStore_Agenda
    DataStore_Auctions
    DataStore_Characters
    DataStore_Containers
    DataStore_Crafts
    DataStore_Currencies
    DataStore_Inventory
    DataStore_Mails
    DataStore_Pets
    DataStore_Quests
    DataStore_Reputations
    DataStore_Spells
    DataStore_Stats
    DataStore_Talents
    Forte_Core
    Forte_Casting
    Forte_Cooldown
    Forte_Timer
    Forte_Priest
    GatherMate2
    GatherMate2_Data
    Gnosis
    Grid
    LUI
    MikScrollingBattleText
    MSBTOptions
    Omen
    Postal
    Recount
    ReforgeLite
    Routes
    SellJunk
    +Wowhead_Looter
    DBM-Core
    DBM-GUI
    DBM-BaradinHold
    DBM-BastionTwilight
    DBM-BlackwingDescent
    DBM-Firelands
    DBM-Party-Cataclysm
    DBM-PvP
    DBM-ThroneFourWinds
    DBM-WorldEvents

Deleted
    When you tried it without addons, did you actually remove the addon folder or did you just turn them off in the menu? If not, try it with the folder completely removed, since the game still loads the addons even though they are not turned on and this can still cause LUA errors.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Panacia View Post
    since the game still loads the addons even though they are not turned on and this can still cause LUA errors.
    Nope, it doesn't load anything that's disabled on the character screen.

Deleted
    i used addon control panel to turn them off. as far as i know, that's the same as logoff, disable all addons and logon.

any idea what the cause could be? framexml is blizzard code, so the only thing that could be is that it's tainted.

Deleted
    I'm not an expert, but I did have a guildie who had disabled all addons, but still got errors. These disappeared after the folder was removed, so I thought it was worth a try .

Unchecked addons must be loaded somehow, since you can turn them off and on ingame with addon managers? (I mean the game must load them at start, I don't know if this matters though?)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Panacia View Post
    Unchecked addons must be loaded somehow, since you can turn them off and on ingame with addon managers?
    Which requires a UI reload.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Or that the addon supports Load On Demand - in which case, ACP can load them without a UI Reload.

Deleted
    i appreciate the discussion about addon control panel and addon loading styles, but I feel it's getting too off-topic. i don't get what causes the issue, and i have the idea it only happens on my priest. i'm going to try and rename my interface folder and try again. do i need to rename my WTF folder as well? because even if there are any configuration files in there, i doubt they're even going to be consulted, considering they don't have an associated addon.

---------- Post added 2011-08-25 at 08:22 PM ----------

update: i renamed my interface folder to interface2 (which hard disabled any addons, as i expected). the problem wasn't there anymore. i'm now going to try with the interface folder there, but all addons disabled on first load.

Try in your original interface folder also deleting all the named blizzard addons.
    They should be recreated as needed, with the possibility that one of those is from a prior client version.