Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Rate the Healing Priest above you!

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    I have split the two threads as seeing posts along the lines of "I no nothing of Shadow/Disc/Holy so I can't help you, but here's my armoury!". Obviously not everyone will know about Disc because they only play Holy and vice versa, but three threads is a bit excessive (though I will cave if there's demand for separate threads).

http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...ksilver/simple
    Last edited by Ultima; 2011-08-25 at 02:01 PM.

Deleted
    Your choice of gear looks good, though you miss alot of reforges ( Crit -> Mastery, or Crit -> Haste ) but that is up to your personal perferance.
    Out of my own experience I would advice you to get to the 2.3 casttime ( I forgot how much haste that is exactly), and from that point stack mastery.
    Spec looks good, but as I mentioned the reforging is slacky.

7/10

eu .battle.net /wow/en/character/zenedar/Norbb/advanced
    Last edited by mmocb2055ab9b7; 2011-08-24 at 09:15 AM.

Deleted
    Armory tells me
    Jewelcrafting:
    2 unused Chimera's Eye

You reforged your staff's stats into haste, rather than spirit but you may have a good reason for that.
    You must really like Renew, since you specced and glyphed into it, the spell never seemed good for me except the small instant heal it gives.

I'm glad you didn't take Spirit of Redemption. Without an extra benefit, the talent is useless.
    I see the correct enchant on boots, good!

Why is Glyph of Mass Dispel used ? Is it that good ?

8/10 (yes missing JC gems is a BAAAD thing)

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Omirr/advanced

Deleted
    Nice reforges, nice gems, nice gear

The only think I would do is switch back the spirit reforge on your bracers. This should bring you exactly at the cap, since you are a bit low atm!

9.9/10

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...zolde/advanced

I'd give it a 9/10 as from what i saw with the reforging on the bracers (63spirit to 63 mastery) if you undo that reforge, it should put you at 16.98/99% hit. i only suggest this because from my understanding with our shadow 4 piece bonus, as close to hit cap than not.

in my opinion, thats a 9/10 as well. i would have reforged the same exact way as you (as im a disc priest in a 10 man guild) however, i find that at least for normals, im wanting to drop a little bit of spirit in favor of haste as tsunami stacks put us at well over 3k spi. not sure how well your mana is holding up, but i find that my mana holds up just fine throughout the course of the fight.
    Last edited by diablo85; 2011-08-24 at 10:17 AM.

Omirr:

Looks good, I would sacrifice some haste in order to get the hit cap as you will still have haste enought for the seccond VT tic. That is ofc if you get DI.
    If you don't leave it as it is.
    If you get DI however, try to get down to around 2200 haste (2141) and then stack more mastery and hitcap.
    I you choose not to do that (hit is a personal refrense) then change your glove enchant to 65 mastery as it's a dps gain when you are over the 30-31% haste.
    If you are very keen about your haste, go with the 65+ mastery on gloves and the 50+ haste on your boots instead.

Glyph of dispel magic seems a bit off, might want to consider glyph of MD to be able to help the healers a little with fast dispels or perhaps glyph of Spirit tap to regain som mana on fights with many adds (Beth'tilac and Alysrazor)

You get 8/10 from me, but from a shadow priest community as a whole it would probably be more around 9/10 just for that glyph (Yes, I like the hit cap).

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...d/Viani/simple
    Very recently got back to raiding, have done FL once so far so my gear isn't up to 4.2 standars yet.

Edit: Izolde, log of in shadow spec please
    Other than that, you seemed to be very low on haste (around 1400 ish?) and should consider picking up more haste pieces.
    Last edited by eErike; 2011-08-24 at 10:16 AM.

Deleted
    Thank you for the feedback Omirr, I totally forgot about the Jewelcrafting gems. I got my tier legs the day before I left for vacation so I lost the gems and did not have the time to replace them yet. I reforged my staff into haste to reach the 2.1 castime on my PoH etc. About the renew part, Renew is something I cast occasionally. In fights where u have to move alot and where there is alot of aoe dmg going out I tend to throw out renews with CoH, if possible I switch to PoH/CoH but when I need to dodge stuff I prefer renew/coh over dieing cuz of fire, I also keep renew rolling on both tanks since our mana regen is infinite.

Some of my Discipline glyphes are for PvPing so it is kinda of different

I cant really comment on your character since I rerolled healed in the start of Firelands, I'm completly out of date about shadow statting/gemming etc.

Quote Originally Posted by eErike View Post
    Other than that, you seemed to be very low on haste (around 1400 ish?) and should consider picking up more haste pieces.
    pst...its a rate the priest above you thread, not rate the shadow priest above you thread. any type of priest is welcome to post here.

--Omirr, Keep your bracers the stats as is, no need to reforge it. Try to stay as close to being hit capped as possible, especially since you have 4 piece you do not want to miss a cast. It can really hurt your DPS.

Also, I suggest for progression raiding take the point from Psychic Horror out and invest it in "Inner Sanctum"

9/10

-- Izolde, unfortunately I've stopped healing mid way their Tier 11 so I have not been up to date with healing theory crafting. However from my own understand things looks good. Although I'd probably use a Glyph of Dispel rather than a Glyph of Mass Dispel. There aren't alot situations where Mass Dispell is as useful as the on-heal effect of Dispel with it glyph'd. And for your shadow spec, take Inner Sanctum over Psychic Horror if you DPS enough in raids. You almost never use that spell in raid situations while the 2% damage reduction can sometimes save your life.

9.5/10

--eErike/Viani, I'm curious why you have 2 points in Phantasm. Also, I'd suggest picking up Lavawalker for your boots. Since you are already past the rating needed for 30% haste for VT, if not the keep it. But Lavawalker is a very good enchant to have and can be very helpful in alot of raid situations.

9/10

us.battle. net/wow/en/character/frostmane/Chashui/advanced

**can't post links yet**

Edit** Fixed my blunder
    Last edited by Chashu; 2011-08-24 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by diablo85 View Post
    pst...its a rate the priest above you thread, not rate the shadow priest above you thread. any type of priest is welcome to post here.
    Oh sorry, thought I saw something about 14% hit and thought shadow >.>

---------- Post added 2011-08-24 at 10:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Chashu View Post
    --Omir, Keep your bracers the stats as is, no need to reforge it. And reforge Hit -> Spirit, you gain the benefit of having more mana regen, which always helps than a flat hit stat.

--Viani, I'm curious why you have 2 points in Phantasm. Also, I'd suggest picking up Lavawalker for your boots. Since you are already past the rating needed for 30% haste for VT, if not the keep it. But Lavawalker is a very good enchant to have and can be very helpful in alot of raid situations. And also reforge your hit to spirit for the mana regen benefits.

9/10

us.battle. net/wow/en/character/frostmane/Chashui/advanced

**can't post links yet**
    Spirit aint mp5 for a shadow priest in combat afaik

I rather use inner will for those moments when I need the run speed as it allows me to spam DP more anyway, and then it's ofc the matter of gold
    Phantasm is there because there is nothing else to put it in, I don't need mental agi or anything like that, so i figgured that sometimes beeing able to take away a slow is nice, especially while doing molten front dailys :P

Nothing to complain about on your armory tbh, enchants seems to be in order, you have a cookiecutter spec and you have reached the VT 2nd cap by a rather perfect amount, nice job
    10/10
    Last edited by eErike; 2011-08-24 at 10:43 AM.

Deleted
    Thanks for the replies
    --Omir, Keep your bracers the stats as is, no need to reforge it. And reforge Hit -> Spirit, you gain the benefit of having more mana regen, which always helps than a flat hit stat. Try to stay as close to being hit capped as possible, especially since you have 4 piece you do not want to miss a cast. It can really hurt your DPS.
    Lol I missed that. Y ofc I'll undo the reforge. Must have missed that reforge when I got a new upgrade recently.

I don't agree on Hit vs Spirit. Casters gain 0 mana from Spirit in combat. Only when you spec into healing trees, you get Meditation, allowing you to get mana from Spirit in combat. Or is this wrong? I hope I'm not
    Either way, I had hit reforged into spirit before, but I also have a pvp spec now, and in that pvp spec Hit > Spirit as I have only 1 point in the talent that makes the conversion.

In regards to reforging Haste into Mastery. We have 2 spriests and 2 locks in our roster. The other shadowpriest isn't even close to 30% haste and thus always gets DI. I get DI if there is a 2nd lock in the raid, but that doesn't happen all the time, and since I can get to 30% I rather keep it this way. If I can get enough double pieces I could make 2 armor sets tho..

Also, I suggest for progression raiding take the point from Psychic Horror out and invest it in "Inner Sanctum"
    In random heroics, I use PH a lot. Controlling a loose mob, disarming, interrupting,.. however in the next reset I will get my last upgrade with VP's (t12 gloves > 372 gloves) and then there will be no reason to run random heroics anymore and then I should change that point indeed. Altho I should add I'm never the one who takes a lot of damage ;-) But you make a good point, changing this in a couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by eErike View Post
    If you are very keen about your haste, go with the 65+ mastery on gloves and the 50+ haste on your boots instead.
    We're trying to progress on Heroic fights, fights in which I have to move a LOT. I'm very keen on my haste, but I'm even more keen on my movement speed increase.
    Last edited by mmocafb5b5dbb3; 2011-08-24 at 10:47 AM.

Deleted
    Dno who the last one was but i think everyone has been reviewed already :P

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...udise/advanced
    We'll clear 5-6 bosses tonight so hopefully I'll get some upgrades

Don't know much about shadowpriests sorry Only thing I can say is, if you really want to optimize, don't have a gathering profession

Cant post links yet ><

eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/twilights-hammer/Liine/advanced

why no gathering profession ?? i gotta tell you i love my haste buff from herbing pop it at the right time with a potion during hero with arc and watch you dps melt off your screen

Quote Originally Posted by Line View Post
    Don't know much about shadowpriests sorry Only thing I can say is, if you really want to optimize, don't have a gathering profession

Cant post links yet ><

eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/twilights-hammer/Liine/advanced
    not sure whats up with the shadow tier legs in your disc set. about all i can say about that. maybe your glyphs too since the spec you logged out in isnt your atonement spec? not sure if that is intentional or not.

seems like there is just some holy/disc priest, and cant say anything about spriest.

But here is my holy priest: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormreaver/Samppax/simple

Rate it!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by frooty View Post
    why no gathering profession ?? i gotta tell you i love my haste buff from herbing pop it at the right time with a potion during hero with arc and watch you dps melt off your screen
    thing is, that 80 haste is worth much less than the 80 int most non-gathering professions give.

as for me, http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lebel/advanced

i've started to take a liking to this smite healing. i'm currently only doing 5man heroics, but i'm personally wondering about a decent and easily achievable proc trinket to replace my harmlight token. please nothing from raids, i'm lucky on my realm if we down halfus.

as for my shoulder enchant, i first need to do a lot of deepholm quests for that, so it'll take some time first. luckily, atonement spec seems to be decent for questing.

15+ Year Old Account

Rate the Healing Priest above you!

I have split the two threads as seeing posts along the lines of "I no nothing of Shadow/Disc/Holy so I can't help you, but here's my armoury!". Obviously not everyone will know about Disc because they only play Holy and vice versa, but three threads is a bit excessive (though I will cave if there's demand for separate threads).
    Last edited by Ultima; 2011-08-25 at 02:00 PM.

Deleted
    @ nzall
    The Valor trinket + Darkmoon card Tsunami would be the best pre-raid trinkets
    Tear of blood from stonecore is still a good trinket and the alchemy stone is also decent (requires alchemy though)

@ Vazar
    Good gear for the small ammount of raiding you've done. You should try to get a new weapin asap though.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...udise/advanced