Dungeon Journal buggy for anyone else? Just like Achievements.

Hey everyone, I have a problem with the Dungeon Journal and Achievements. Sometimes they just don't work, I click on whatever I want to click and nothing happens, when I mouseover whatever I intend to click also no flashy yellow light is around it as if it was irresponsive. The only thing that helps is a /console reloadui however I'm getting tired of having to do those and I feel like if something is implemented in the game it should work properly.

Achievements simply don't show up the ones that are in the middle (recent achievements) the only thing that helps here also is a /console reloadui.

Atlasloot sometimes doesn't display any loot either but that is a third party addon so it's understandable that there are some bugs.

I sometimes get a LUA error regarding the /guildinspectUI or something like that, unfortunately I didn't copy the exact error message.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am guessing there is a resource conflict with an add-on as I get the same problem. Reloading the UI fixes this every time.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Simply do a reload UI and most cases it will fix that error OP

Happens to me as well, mostly while raiding, just wish I knew how to find out which addons are causing this.

Yeah happens to me as well occasionally there or on the glyph changing screen. I blame sloppy Blizz coding.

For your second problem with the LUA error during guildinspectframe etc, definitely get InspectFix

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

For the Dungeon Journal, it might be a problem with the Frame Levels, that the buttons are "below" their parent frames
    /run local a=EncounterJournalEncounterFrameInfoDetailsScrollFrameScrollChild;for _,v in pairs({a:GetChildren()})do v:SetFrameLevel(a:GetFrameLevel()+1)end

You can check it yourself with /fstack

10+ Year Old Account
    atlasloot seemed to be my problem.. yet again it has conflicts with many things... why oh why is there no online atlasloot ?
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    atlasloot seemed to be my problem.. yet again it has conflicts with many things... why oh why is there no online atlasloot ?
    Oh you mean like Wowhead or the Database here?

If I uninstall atlasloot I can only see the loot from recent content through the journal, If I keep atlasloot I can't use the dungeon journal for details on encounters etc. Damn... That's annoying

10+ Year Old Account
    Same problem. With DJ, Atlas Loot, ground markers... irritating. Achis seems to work though, except they're ocasionally not in the recent achis list.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious if its AL that causes a bug when I inspect somebody and their item shows at first then goes blank?
    Last edited by Kuismar; 2011-08-28 at 05:34 AM. Reason: Of course I go into the game to get a Screenshot and can't replicate it.

Deleted
    That's another issue that can be caused by many different addons due to sloppy coding on Blizzard's part. You can use InspectFix to solve it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    That's another issue that can be caused by many different addons due to sloppy coding on Blizzard's part. You can use InspectFix to solve it.
    Thanks I'll give it a look

The problems with the Encounter Journal are caused by a bug in the base Blizzard frame handling code, which affects many addons and occasionally even the base UI.

An effective work-around is available on Curse (StrataFix):
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...stratafix.aspx

Deleted
    Yes, the Dungeon Journal bug is really annoying, but as someone stated before , /reloadui should work.

/reload doesn't work for me, must be an addon conflict
    I can never navigate the journal