Deleted

Need help as Mage.

Hi all,

I started lvling a Mage and im looking for a good guide that explain the dps rotation. I checked the guides here in mmo-champion but dont find one that explain that.

tks

What spec?
    Damn, I miss Ulduar.
    Montolioo
    Caderlly

Arcane:
    Mana management is the game. Arcane is pretty much useless when it comes to mana regen until you hit whatever level allows you to use Mage Armor so just go bonkers with whatever arcane spells you have.

Fire:
    Do scorch to get the debuff up, Living Bomb, then Fireball spam until Pyroblast proc while keeping the Scorch and Living Bomb debuffs up. Then, if you get a nice big Ignite rolling with your Living Bomb, use Combustion for big damage. Easy. But, like the other specs, you really can't do much until you can get the Living Bomb, Combustion, Hot Streak, and Scorch debuff talents, so just spam Fireball/Pyroblast however you please.

Frost:
    Very proc dependent spec. But, until you get the Cold Snap, Deep Freeze, and Frostfire Orb talents and the Ice Lance spell, it pretty much devolves into spamming Frostbolt and using your Water Elemental's Freeze ability. Not much more to it until you get the aforementioned abilities.
    Last edited by Rambard; 2011-08-25 at 03:39 PM.

Rambard has it right for the most part, but Frost is definitely the easiest spec to level as. It's not the strongest, but it works. I would suggest either that or Arcane. Either way, mana will be ugly at low levels, but regen shouldn't be that big of an issue.
    Damn, I miss Ulduar.
    Montolioo
    Caderlly

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambard View Post
    Arcane:
    Mana management is the game. Arcane is pretty much useless when it comes to mana regen until you hit whatever level allows you to use Mage Armor so just go bonkers with whatever arcane spells you have.

Fire:
    Do scorch to get the debuff up, Living Bomb, then Fireball spam until Pyroblast proc while keeping the Scorch and Living Bomb debuffs up. Then, if you get a nice big Ignite rolling with your Living Bomb, use Combustion for big damage. Easy. But, like the other specs, you really can't do much until you can get the Living Bomb, Combustion, Hot Streak, and Scorch debuff talents, so just spam Fireball/Pyroblast however you please.

Frost:
    Very proc dependent spec. But, until you get the Cold Snap, Deep Freeze, and Frostfire Orb talents and the Ice Lance spell, it pretty much devolves into spamming Frostbolt and using your Water Elemental's Freeze ability. Not much more to it until you get the aforementioned abilities.
    Tks it's a beggining

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering your leveling a mage, I would recommend using either Frost or Fire.

Frost is real handy when leveling and allows you to pull more mobs at a time. Fire is really fun when leveling depending on your level (Scorch when moving, Hot Streak, blast wave) To use all these you need to be around level 45+? don't quote me on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambard View Post
    Arcane:

Fire:

Frost:
    ^Very good explanation. Only one thing I need to add, for raiding at 85, you wont need to scorch more than once (unless the buff falls off). Because pyroblast also adds the buff. Unless you get zero procs it should stay up 100%.

In my experience leveling, frost was the easiest. Ice Barrier helps tremendously with those pesky rouges/druids who are trying to gank you :P. For DPS comparisons during a dungeon I would go arcane.