Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ...
11
19
20
21
22
23
... LastLast
  1. #401
    Quote Originally Posted by keLston View Post
    Because people are looking for actual content, not a daily quest hub with arbitrary gating mechanics to pace how long it takes you to actually get to the end so that it will last until the next expansion since 4.3 is the last content patch until the next expansion.

    If you looked at it expansion by expansion, this is the worst expansion by amount of actual content but each time someone brings it up, some Blizzard apologist quickly comes up with some excuse demanding people to stop being so negative. Why? Did your monthly subscription start costing less? Did Cataclysm expansion cost less than the TBC expansion or WotLK expansion?

    TBC gave us nearly 60 raid bosses, a new "planet", a ton of new dungeons and bosses within, heroics, and love it or hate it gave us arenas and daily BG/honor grinds as a way for PvPers to compete which was also brand new content. WotLK gave us like 45 some raid bosses, a new continent, a handful of new dungeons, and it gave casuals a way to gear up with the Argent Tournament.

    Cataclysm will end up giving us 20? some raid bosses and at least 2 end ones so far have been recycled (Nef and Ragnaros), 7 new dungeons and recycled for us Shadowfang Keep and Deadmines, recycled ZA and ZG and called them "new", gave us like 5 new zones. The content is so lacking, in fact, that Blizzard apologists are so desperate that you're willing to latch on to a side event like the Darkmoon Faire and call it "content"? Oh look it adds a mount ooooh. And some companion pets. Oooooh. So a billion dollar company took a year to add 1 mount and some companion pets? This is what you accept as content now when you are paying the same price? Your bar is so low?

    They're not even bothering trying to put out new content because they decided that after 5 years of saying they didn't want you changing how you looked, they reneged and introduced transmogrification and you said HOORAY. So the "new content" of Cataclysm is you going back to do level 60 raids to get the gear you sold 4 years ago, that way, they don't have to make any new things for you because you're too busy going HEHEHE LETS GET THE OLD STUFF AGAIN THAT I FARMED BEFORE.

    This is why the game is dumbed down. Because Blizzard keeps lowering the bar and instead of getting an outcry, you just nod and lower your expectations below their bar and accept what they gave you. Giving you less and less each year but trying to squeeze out more microtransactions, and you keep paying for extra while accepting less for the same price you've been paying.

    It's absurd. And stupid.

    Content? It's not content. It's laughing at you and you're apologizing for it.


    You counting ONLY endgame raid content and counting number of bosses, not the level of difficulty and amount of time it take it to loot it's corpse.

    You don't matter, that 15 bosses of Naxxramas at the beginning of Wrath was so much faceroll, that it could be cleared in the first two weeks of playing lvl 80 even for a noob.
    And you don't care, that 4 bosses from VoA are even more faceroll than Naxx was. And for you, ToC, as a 5 man raid, was equal to BwD, or even more, because Nefarian was also boss in Vanilla. You don't care, that these was two extremely different battles?
    WotLK provided us, like, 4 oneboss raids (if we count VoA - after presenting another giant there, nobody care about previous one), which were as easy to down, as possible.

    That's about raid content, which is in my opinion - better in Cataclysm.

    But we forgot about another part of Cataclysm content - leveling in Azeroth! If we try to count leveling areas in wotlk, we will have one modified part of existing area (Eastern Plaguelands), and 8 and half (crystalsong forest) areas in Northrend. Oh, I forgot - and one battle zone, Wintergrasp.
    Cataclysm completely rehashed (with changing of geography, quest chains, npc's, flight paths, lore, and sometimes - contested zones changed into horde or alliance) content of almost ALL (Almost - except TBC starting zones and Sillithus) Azeroth zones, added starting zones for new races, and 5 high level zones (one of them is like subcontinent, Vashjir split into 3 parts). It is 20 Kalimdor zones, 24 Eastern Kingdom Zones, Vashjir, Kezan and Lost Isles. And Tol Barad.

    48 new zones with quest chains vs 8 and half? Damn, Wotlk was small!

  2. #402
    Darkmoon tabards Plz? Seriously, that tabard is awesome, and I'll be sad if they do not include a tabard you can buy at exalted.

    But we forgot about another part of Cataclysm content - leveling in Azeroth! If we try to count leveling areas in wotlk, we will have one modified part of existing area (Eastern Plaguelands), and 8 and half (crystalsong forest) areas in Northrend. Oh, I forgot - and one battle zone, Wintergrasp.
    Cataclysm completely rehashed (with changing of geography, quest chains, npc's, flight paths, lore, and sometimes - contested zones changed into horde or alliance) content of almost ALL (Almost - except TBC starting zones and Sillithus) Azeroth zones, added starting zones for new races, and 5 high level zones (one of them is like subcontinent, Vashjir split into 3 parts). It is 20 Kalimdor zones, 24 Eastern Kingdom Zones, Vashjir, Kezan and Lost Isles. And Tol Barad.
    People seem and actually ARE disappointed with Cataclysm, because 80~85 look and feel rushed, with lack of content. And I agree with that.
    But they also forget that other side which was 1~60 totally redone, which in my opinion was a HUGE, HUGE success.
    Let's hope Pandaren to make up for this high level disappointment.
    Last edited by Buu; 2011-08-26 at 08:25 AM.

  3. #403
    Most people who post negativity is because they actually like the game but are bitterly dissapointed in the direction of WoW since TBC - yet still have poured money into WotLK and Cata in the hope it will capitalise on TBC.Cata looked promising at the start for this, harder dungeons and bosses (initially at least) but the content hasn't quite matched TBC. I think we all know a lot of work went into remaking the world, and the new questing, but for those that have played since vanilla it wasn't new or fresh enough, and for those that Raid it just hasn't been anywhere near enough.My take is that I like WoW, and I like the new raids in Cata - but the content has been slow in coming. The Heroic dungeons are defunct for most players, the Troll dungeons are so dull now - there is only so many time you can do the same dungeons.The Nerfs have made the meaningful content of the past less meaningful to insignificant for me, and the daily grind that has been introduced is just a repetitive dull time sink that just makes me log off or play the pvp minigame.For some players this is just what they want - and Blizzard knows this hence more daily grinds (such as DMF). I think everyone wants either a huge amout of content that can be worked through, or smaller content served much speedier. With regards Raids and number of bosses - I feel there needs to either be bigger raids - or more raid dungeons of the same tier to at least give a semblance of choice. Look at TBC:T4: Kara (10), Mag (25) - yer 1 boss I know, and Gruul (25) - yer another 1 bossT5: SSc (25) and TK (25) and ZA (10) T6: MH (25), BT (25) and SP(25)where as the wrath and cata models are going for 1 raid per tier which seems a bit poor in comparison.

  4. #404
    The Insane det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    16,819
    Quote Originally Posted by keLston View Post
    Because people are looking for actual content, not a daily quest hub with arbitrary gating mechanics to pace how long it takes you to actually get to the end so that it will last until the next expansion since 4.3 is the last content patch until the next expansion.

    If you looked at it expansion by expansion, this is the worst expansion by amount of actual content but each time someone brings it up, some Blizzard apologist quickly comes up with some excuse demanding people to stop being so negative. Why? Did your monthly subscription start costing less? Did Cataclysm expansion cost less than the TBC expansion or WotLK expansion?

    TBC gave us nearly 60 raid bosses, a new "planet", a ton of new dungeons and bosses within, heroics, and love it or hate it gave us arenas and daily BG/honor grinds as a way for PvPers to compete which was also brand new content. WotLK gave us like 45 some raid bosses, a new continent, a handful of new dungeons, and it gave casuals a way to gear up with the Argent Tournament.

    Cataclysm will end up giving us 20? some raid bosses and at least 2 end ones so far have been recycled (Nef and Ragnaros), 7 new dungeons and recycled for us Shadowfang Keep and Deadmines, recycled ZA and ZG and called them "new", gave us like 5 new zones. The content is so lacking, in fact, that Blizzard apologists are so desperate that you're willing to latch on to a side event like the Darkmoon Faire and call it "content"? Oh look it adds a mount ooooh. And some companion pets. Oooooh. So a billion dollar company took a year to add 1 mount and some companion pets? This is what you accept as content now when you are paying the same price? Your bar is so low?

    They're not even bothering trying to put out new content because they decided that after 5 years of saying they didn't want you changing how you looked, they reneged and introduced transmogrification and you said HOORAY. So the "new content" of Cataclysm is you going back to do level 60 raids to get the gear you sold 4 years ago, that way, they don't have to make any new things for you because you're too busy going HEHEHE LETS GET THE OLD STUFF AGAIN THAT I FARMED BEFORE.

    This is why the game is dumbed down. Because Blizzard keeps lowering the bar and instead of getting an outcry, you just nod and lower your expectations below their bar and accept what they gave you. Giving you less and less each year but trying to squeeze out more microtransactions, and you keep paying for extra while accepting less for the same price you've been paying.

    It's absurd. And stupid.

    Content? It's not content. It's laughing at you and you're apologizing for it.
    Why the rage? Obviously people feel they are getting their money's worth or else they quit. You point out what is wrong with Catclysm FOR YOU, yet it introduces things that others have asked for.

    So like in every business, some people are happy with what they get. The ones who are unhappy (or appear to see through the raw deal they are apparently getting) are perfectly free to take their business elsewhere.

    My question is more along the lines: Why do you feel the need of getting your soapbox out and preach? It is a bloody game. It costs a small monthy sum to pay. To me every hour WoW costs 20 cents. There were times where I played much more and every hour of WoW costs half of that I find that is a good deal. Always was, still is. If you don't feel that way, you are NOT going to change Blizzard's business policy by ranting here and you might as well take your money elsewhere.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

  5. #405
    The raiders get a Deathwing raid, the dungeoneers get 3 new 5 mans, how dare they they also cater to those of us that like dailies! =P

  6. #406
    ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

  7. #407
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    I think i love you.... Likewise with the 6/7H and Rag just makes me lol. Nice scaling of firelands heroics blizzard.
    ow QQ more

    I probably won't see rag heroic dead before 4.3 but I don't care. I don't think everyone should be able to kill everything the top notch guilds did already a month ago and we apparently don't cut it ( yet). So either we improve and gear up, or we fail. That's no drama but don't blame Blizzard for not being good enough yourself >.<

  8. #408
    High Overlord Rhigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    172
    Possibly new Heirlooms then ? like the legs ?

  9. #409
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Why the rage? Obviously people feel they are getting their money's worth or else they quit. You point out what is wrong with Catclysm FOR YOU, yet it introduces things that others have asked for.

    So like in every business, some people are happy with what they get. The ones who are unhappy (or appear to see through the raw deal they are apparently getting) are perfectly free to take their business elsewhere.

    My question is more along the lines: Why do you feel the need of getting your soapbox out and preach? It is a bloody game. It costs a small monthy sum to pay. To me every hour WoW costs 20 cents. There were times where I played much more and every hour of WoW costs half of that I find that is a good deal. Always was, still is. If you don't feel that way, you are NOT going to change Blizzard's business policy by ranting here and you might as well take your money elsewhere.
    A casual like you can stfu and go do your dailies or watever, cos blizzard did fuck us up with cata by remodelling the same zones and try to make it new. SO gtfo and go farm some herbs.

  10. #410
    Now this looks like a real Faire!

  11. #411
    Mechagnome akts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    If you value your life, be somewhere else
    Posts
    696
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Why the rage? Obviously people feel they are getting their money's worth or else they quit. You point out what is wrong with Catclysm FOR YOU, yet it introduces things that others have asked for.
    Well you nailed that, if people aren't satisfied WoW they'd quit. And know what? They actually did, 900k subs lost. So keLston is wrong about just one thing: some people do not lower their expectations.
    Last edited by akts; 2011-08-26 at 09:38 AM.

  12. #412
    A casual like you can stfu and go do your dailies or watever, cos blizzard did fuck us up with cata by remodelling the same zones and try to make it new. SO gtfo and go farm some herbs.
    An hardcore like you should just stfu and go do your raids or whatever, cos blizzardfuck us up with cata by rehashing old dungeon and bosses. SO gtfo and go farm some bosses. CWUTIDIDHERE? Ah, i was forgotting you're just a troll. Also, if you prove me you are really an hardcore, why spend so much time on a game you clearly don't like and sucks so much?

  13. #413
    Mechagnome akts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    If you value your life, be somewhere else
    Posts
    696
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptoos View Post
    You counting ONLY endgame raid content and counting number of bosses, not the level of difficulty and amount of time it take it to loot it's corpse.

    You don't matter, that 15 bosses of Naxxramas at the beginning of Wrath was so much faceroll, that it could be cleared in the first two weeks of playing lvl 80 even for a noob.
    And you don't care, that 4 bosses from VoA are even more faceroll than Naxx was. And for you, ToC, as a 5 man raid, was equal to BwD, or even more, because Nefarian was also boss in Vanilla. You don't care, that these was two extremely different battles?
    WotLK provided us, like, 4 oneboss raids (if we count VoA - after presenting another giant there, nobody care about previous one), which were as easy to down, as possible.

    That's about raid content, which is in my opinion - better in Cataclysm.

    But we forgot about another part of Cataclysm content - leveling in Azeroth! If we try to count leveling areas in wotlk, we will have one modified part of existing area (Eastern Plaguelands), and 8 and half (crystalsong forest) areas in Northrend. Oh, I forgot - and one battle zone, Wintergrasp.
    Cataclysm completely rehashed (with changing of geography, quest chains, npc's, flight paths, lore, and sometimes - contested zones changed into horde or alliance) content of almost ALL (Almost - except TBC starting zones and Sillithus) Azeroth zones, added starting zones for new races, and 5 high level zones (one of them is like subcontinent, Vashjir split into 3 parts). It is 20 Kalimdor zones, 24 Eastern Kingdom Zones, Vashjir, Kezan and Lost Isles. And Tol Barad.

    48 new zones with quest chains vs 8 and half? Damn, Wotlk was small!
    And how many zones did you actually see? In wotlk or bc you levelled in those new zones. Did you level from 80 to 85 in rehashed ungoro crater? Doubt it. Unless you are an altoholic you don't see that content at all. So you get only 5 zones. even if you level an alt you can't see all zones, you level just way too fast. Dare you go into a dungeon while levelling you'll have to leave your levelling zone as it'll become gray.
    Now, you get less 5 man dungeons. Wotlk had 12 on release. Cata had 7! Now you get "new" amani dungeons, well. It's now 13 v 9 if you compare 3.2 vs 4.2.
    And on top of that you get less raid content.

    tl;dr you get more content if you are an altoholic. Otherwise you get less content.

  14. #414
    @akts - it's your problem, that you don't want to see new content. The new content exist and it needed a lot of work to develop it.WoW isn't just an endgame content, it's whole 2 worlds, 3 continents in Azeroth, and place to level up from 1 to 85, not from 80 to 85.

  15. #415
    Pandaren Monk ZeroWashu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,963
    Quote Originally Posted by rhastadude View Post
    A casual like you can stfu and go do your dailies or watever, cos blizzard did fuck us up with cata by remodelling the same zones and try to make it new. SO gtfo and go farm some herbs.
    Well looks like one of the resident water cooler hard cores has his panties in a wad. The zone revamp is amazing, frankly if you haven't rolled alts for both the Worgen and Goblin starting areas your missing out on a lot of fun; though I think that if your account does the Worgen area once you should have the option of just leaving it and being level 12. Back the zone revamp, the questing is so much better as it really isn't the same and there is enough content to level three or four characters with nearly no quest overlap. Then of course you smack into BC but that is a eight level roadblock - you really don't have to go there at 58 as the new revamped zones will carry you right to 60 easily.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

  16. #416
    lol srs blizz ooh look lets give them a new darkmoon faire fail......
    Last edited by Ton00; 2011-08-26 at 10:09 AM. Reason: typo

  17. #417
    Buttsore people are never content Boohoo I say bring it

  18. #418
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasz View Post
    Erm, really? How can you even say that without any word on actual content? The darkmoon faire is honestly a waste of resources, and I know this will just become another daily quest hub.

    DMF has ALLLLLWAYS been dead, for YEARS.
    Three new 5man heroics. A new raid dungeon, improved darkmoon faire, transformation armour pieces, armour bank, and more to come. So far from that small list that is a huge amount of fun right there for one patch.

    I'm not going to hate the idea of darkmoon faire, but again it isn't like that appealing to me either. The transformation isn't all that too, won't bring me back to wow, it sounds more of a let down with restrictions of gear. Plus say I like my new t13 armour but I want it In a different colour do I have to suffer? Bring in armour dye too!
    Last edited by Kosic; 2011-08-26 at 10:41 AM.

  19. #419
    Mechagnome akts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    If you value your life, be somewhere else
    Posts
    696
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptoos View Post
    @akts - it's your problem, that you don't want to see new content. The new content exist and it needed a lot of work to develop it.WoW isn't just an endgame content, it's whole 2 worlds, 3 continents in Azeroth, and place to level up from 1 to 85, not from 80 to 85.
    Yeeah its my problem I like my old character and I am not appealed to solo content in a MMO game. What a jerk I am, oh my.

  20. #420
    Quote Originally Posted by Kosic View Post
    Three new 5man heroics ... huge amount of fun right there for one patch.

    ... The transformation isn't all that too, won't bring me back to wow, it sounds more of a let down with restrictions of gear. Plus say I like my new t13 armour but I want it In a different colour do I have to suffer? Bring in armour dye too!
    A positive note then some whining, and the kicker : "...won't bring me back to wow". This post is pure troll. So why do you post on mmo-c ?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •