Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaude View Post
    They said heirlooms in there... :O !
    Maybe pants?
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    They saw his new statue and thought "Oh well, a king clever enough to waste money on a statue while half his city is burning is worthy of our support! More beer please!"

Uh oh, Looks like Blizzard has stepped up their A game. Once fans started to leave, they bring out the big guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Papadragon View Post
    There's nothing epic in this. It's for kids and casuals players. It's a zone designed for them. They are like : "Dancing bears, games, cannon..." Cmon...it's a crap event
    Seeing as how there's nothing in the game at the moment for casuals its probably a good thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh....thank....GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD.Hello T3, I just wanted to say HAAAAAAAI.On a more like none Caps lock words, wow this is great...i'm so gonna do this first hour!

---------- Post added 2011-08-25 at 05:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jantimirlol View Post
    so it's a new daily quest hub you can only go to the first week of a month?
    Noo it gonna be always there but the first week of the month there a portal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Papadragon View Post
    There's nothing epic in this. It's for kids and casuals players. It's a zone designed for them. They are like : "Dancing bears, games, cannon..." Cmon...it's a crap event
    Cause Darkmoon Fair was so super serious in the past.

I find it hillarious just how much people hate on this game. Just quit already
    Last edited by Alraml; 2011-08-25 at 06:03 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shimargh View Post
    They clearly made a spelling mistake in their announcement, it's as obvious as that all this mists and island stuff hints at Pandaria. Nice try correcting me though.

"Island" "MIST-shrouded" Bring on the Pandarians, baby!

I love this idea. A new Guru Arena type for the all out players too. Love this.

Quote Originally Posted by Scyo View Post
    They clearly made a spelling mistake in their announcement, it's as obvious as that all this mists and island stuff hints at Pandaria. Nice try correcting me though.
    did anyone else notice the emphasis on the "mists covering the island" and the dummy that the orc is hitting in one picture is a panda?

Yay, another super-long, artificially lengthened cosmetic event that will takes months to complete at only one hour per day!

Excellent!

A fighting pit????!!! I foresee some bloodbaths in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait to see what is in the woods. Also, dancing bear!

Quote Originally Posted by F-Minus View Post
    What armor isn't available anymore? The only thing I could come up with is T3 which has a complete lookalike in T7. Everything else is pretty much still in the game.

EDIT: Maybe ZG/ZA but I think the drops in todays instance look pretty much the same as the original drops.
    well t7 arnt complete look alikes i for one hate the look of the war t7/7.5 but love the t3 look.

also the za gear is slightly different too and a lot of the original zg gear is no longer obtainable.

ALSO season 1/2 weapons and season 3 gear is no longer obtainable.

there are as well many quest items that have unique modles that cant be obtained any longer....but if they do bring some of these back i dont see them bringing back all of them (ei. corrupted ashbringer)
    Originally Posted by statlerthegreat
    I don't play a real world simulator. I play World of Warcraft. Where I am a Goblin, named after an explosive, that hurls balls of arcane "fuck you up" at internet dragons/ogres/whateverthehellmaloriakis.

So these artifacts you bring back get you rep? This place pretty much pointless for people that are exalted. haha.

Quote Originally Posted by feigning View Post
    Why are people so damn negative about everything? I'm not a kid, I think this looks really fun.
    Because people are looking for actual content, not a daily quest hub with arbitrary gating mechanics to pace how long it takes you to actually get to the end so that it will last until the next expansion since 4.3 is the last content patch until the next expansion.

If you looked at it expansion by expansion, this is the worst expansion by amount of actual content but each time someone brings it up, some Blizzard apologist quickly comes up with some excuse demanding people to stop being so negative. Why? Did your monthly subscription start costing less? Did Cataclysm expansion cost less than the TBC expansion or WotLK expansion?

TBC gave us nearly 60 raid bosses, a new "planet", a ton of new dungeons and bosses within, heroics, and love it or hate it gave us arenas and daily BG/honor grinds as a way for PvPers to compete which was also brand new content. WotLK gave us like 45 some raid bosses, a new continent, a handful of new dungeons, and it gave casuals a way to gear up with the Argent Tournament.

Cataclysm will end up giving us 20? some raid bosses and at least 2 end ones so far have been recycled (Nef and Ragnaros), 7 new dungeons and recycled for us Shadowfang Keep and Deadmines, recycled ZA and ZG and called them "new", gave us like 5 new zones. The content is so lacking, in fact, that Blizzard apologists are so desperate that you're willing to latch on to a side event like the Darkmoon Faire and call it "content"? Oh look it adds a mount ooooh. And some companion pets. Oooooh. So a billion dollar company took a year to add 1 mount and some companion pets? This is what you accept as content now when you are paying the same price? Your bar is so low?

They're not even bothering trying to put out new content because they decided that after 5 years of saying they didn't want you changing how you looked, they reneged and introduced transmogrification and you said HOORAY. So the "new content" of Cataclysm is you going back to do level 60 raids to get the gear you sold 4 years ago, that way, they don't have to make any new things for you because you're too busy going HEHEHE LETS GET THE OLD STUFF AGAIN THAT I FARMED BEFORE.

This is why the game is dumbed down. Because Blizzard keeps lowering the bar and instead of getting an outcry, you just nod and lower your expectations below their bar and accept what they gave you. Giving you less and less each year but trying to squeeze out more microtransactions, and you keep paying for extra while accepting less for the same price you've been paying.

It's absurd. And stupid.

Content? It's not content. It's laughing at you and you're apologizing for it.
    Last edited by keLston; 2011-08-25 at 06:13 PM.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicom View Post
    "Island" "MIST-shrouded" Bring on the Pandarians, baby!
    Not to mention "....and you wouldn’t believe the deals we made to get it… or who we made ‘em with." Also "Pitmaster Pei" could easily be a Pandaren name.

Now I don't really like Pandaren all too much, but either we get to see Pandaren there, or Blizzard is really messing with some people's heads.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vhok View Post
    did anyone else notice the emphasis on the "mists covering the island" and the dummy that the orc is hitting in one picture is a panda?
    It's a gnoll. Pandas don't have hunchbacks. Also it says whack a gnoll.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Oh look, Blizzard announces something that could be fun. Oh look, the forum is awash with naysaying and QQ.
    This, a million times over.
    Cohost Saturday Morning WoW
    www.saturdaymorningwow.com

Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    Cause Darkmoon Fair was so super serious in the past.

I find it hillarious just how much people hate on this game. Just quit already
    Its just ridiculous how many people get mad at something that isnt a requirement. It doesnt say "Do shit in Darkmoon Faire or else you cant raid Deathwing" If you dont like it dont go the goddamn island then. I can almost bet every person who hates on it and complains about it will do it to some extent. Hypocritical bastards. But yes just go play Madden 12 if you hate this game that much

Quote Originally Posted by keLston View Post
    Because people are looking for actual content, not a daily quest hub with arbitrary gating mechanics to pace how long it takes you to actually get to the end so that it will last until the next expansion since 4.3 is the last content patch until the next expansion.

If you looked at it expansion by expansion, this is the worst expansion by amount of actual content but each time someone brings it up, some Blizzard apologist quickly comes up with some excuse demanding people to stop being so negative. Why? Did your monthly subscription start costing less? Did Cataclysm expansion cost less than the TBC expansion or WotLK expansion?

TBC gave us nearly 60 raid bosses, a new "planet", a ton of new dungeons and bosses within, heroics, and love it or hate it gave us arenas and daily BG/honor grinds as a way for PvPers to compete which was also brand new content. WotLK gave us like 45 some raid bosses, a new continent, a handful of new dungeons, and it gave casuals a way to gear up with the Argent Tournament.

Cataclysm will end up giving us 20? some raid bosses and at least 2 end ones so far have been recycled (Nef and Ragnaros), 7 new dungeons and recycled for us Shadowfang Keep and Deadmines, recycled ZA and ZG and called them "new", gave us like 5 new zones. The content is so lacking, in fact, that Blizzard apologists are so desperate that you're willing to latch on to a side event like the Darkmoon Faire and call it "content"? Oh look it adds a mount ooooh. And some companion pets. Oooooh. So a billion dollar company took a year to add 1 mount and some companion pets? This is what you accept as content now when you are paying the same price? Your bar is so low?

They're not even bothering trying to put out new content because they decided that after 5 years of saying they didn't want you changing how you looked, they reneged and introduced transmogrification and you said HOORAY. So the "new content" of Cataclysm is you going back to do level 60 raids to get the gear you sold 4 years ago, that way, they don't have to make any new things for you because you're too busy going HEHEHE LETS GET THE OLD STUFF AGAIN THAT I FARMED BEFORE.

This is why the game is dumbed down. Because Blizzard keeps lowering the bar and instead of getting an outcry, you just nod and lower your expectations below their bar and accept what they gave you. Giving you less and less each year but trying to squeeze out more microtransactions, and you keep paying for extra while accepting less for the same price you've been paying.

It's absurd. And stupid.

Content? It's not content. It's laughing at you and you're apologizing for it.
    I love you.