Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennydabull View Post
    I can't believe so many people are excited over this. To each their own, but it's this type of thing that has ruined the current state of the game.
    To what specific "type of thing" are you reffering to that has somehow ruined the current state of the game?

If anything, this game needs MORE of this kind of stuff!

While Darkmoon Isle will not bring me back to WoW... I will admit that that, and the new Transmog, are indeed steps in the right direction.

Diablo 3 will take another chunk out of the playerbase(won't matter much since it's another Blizz product). LoL, HoN, WoT, TF2, all the "multiplayer" fps etc... and so on, i forgot to mention dota2. Players have choices these days. WoW is going down no matter what. It's old that is reason. We've done and seen it all since vanilla. Nothing is really new, it's just same old stuff with new packaging. This happens to all mmo's eventually.

Blizzard continues their string of "answers to questions that no one asked" by reskinning the darkmoon faire.Clue level: Low, and dropping rapidly.

And now people can get rep with Darkmoon more easily. Yet another kick in the pants to people that got "The Insane" before Cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds pretty cool. This last and final patch might actually have me enjoying this expansion! The new free for all arena is going to be a gong show but might actually be fun to watch, looking forward to this.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    While Darkmoon Isle will not bring me back to WoW... I will admit that that, and the new Transmog, are indeed steps in the right direction.
    I equate Blizzard and their sudden release of Transmog and hurried content to American Car Manufacturers finally modernizing their car lines and increasing gas mileage. Too little, too late, still not as good as the competition.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Runawaynow View Post
    If Darkmoon reputation becomes "easy to obtain" (read: "changes"), "the Insane" should become unavailable to obtain as a result. They did that with Naxx/Ulduar titles when they got too easy, might as well keep up the trend for posterity.
    "the Insane" has been easy for a long time, seing as they removed Shen'Dralar as a requierment.

10+ Year Old Account
    What the fuck Blizz! You fucked it up! You want to make the entire fucking game a circus, go ahead! I'm not gonna pay for this shit!

I'm gonna go fap and re-sub to Rifts. Screw Blizzard!

(Jk of course.) Edit: Can't wait to see the people who didn't read this part to tell me to QQ more.
    Last edited by Mythodiir; 2011-08-26 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    To what specific "type of thing" are you reffering to that has somehow ruined the current state of the game?

If anything, this game needs MORE of this kind of stuff!

Spending resources on elements of the game that should come way after actual content. They spend more time placating people with short shelf life features, than they do focusing on core, game enhancing aspects.

I'm surprised a story about Darkmoon Faire is so busy with so many posts because the DMF had always been deserted on my server.

Deleted
    I hope they add shield heirlooms for tanking

Never cared much for anything like this in game. However, this seems an awesome way to spend time and get a quick alt booster going. People forget games are supposed to be fun. Ignore the naysayers and QQers, they'll cry about everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think one thing that most people forget is this is an MMORPG.The posts are needlessly long because they are done "In Character" and the features are added because they have a solid focus on the main aspect of the game (its in the genre type and everything).This is seemingly forgotten in between the continual QQ about raiding and PvP.

Darkmoon Faire needed a revamp, but in the current state of the game some fresh content will be welcomed. Nefarian, Onyxia, Zul'gurub, Zul'aman, Deadmines, Shadowfang, Ragnaros, Molten Core 2.0, Blackwing Lair 2.0, Warsong 2.0, the whole Azeroth... And I bet that the new raid tier will be the lost tier 3, the same evils in the same scenarios again and again. Cataclysm should be renamed Dejavu.

Ofc there are some good new content, look at Vashj'ir, is amazing, however the entire end game is focused on old content. Why? Because it's cheaper to adapt the old content to new players, than try to create new content for angry hardcore players. Hardcore players always return anyways. There's nothing out there that lasts more than 2 months.

We must resing that the current WoW slogan is no longer quality, it's profitability, and Blizzard's quality efforts are invested in the new MMORPG project.

I've had 43 tickets to the fair for well over 4 years now. Now I see how wasted a bag slot that was.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoros View Post
    Darkmoon Faire needed a revamp, but in the current state of the game some fresh content will be welcomed. Nefarian, Onyxia, Zul'gurub, Zul'aman, Deadmines, Shadowfang, Ragnaros, Molten Core 2.0, Blackwing Lair 2.0, Warsong 2.0, the whole Azeroth... And I bet that the new raid tier will be the lost tier 3, the same evils in the same scenarios again and again. Cataclysm should be renamed Dejavu.

Ofc there are some good new content, look at Vashj'ir, is amazing, however the entire end game is focused on old content. Why? Because it's cheaper to adapt the old content to new players, than try to create new content for angry hardcore players. Hardcore players always return anyways. There's nothing out there that lasts more than 2 months.

We must resing that the current WoW slogan is no longer quality, it's profitability, and Blizzard's quality efforts are invested in the new MMORPG project.
    This complaint is new and interesting... or it would have been several months ago. Btw, tier 7 was the new tier 3.

I think we are all looking at this negatively for the wrong reasons.

Many are looking for "New Content". That is, content "New" to them. Not revamped, not reused, and of course relavant to THEM.

Earlier, someone summed up best what the Cata expansion was, W.o.W.2.0. This is because as they pointed out, TBC/Wrath was more of the stunning conclusions to Warcraft 3/FT more than it was to Vanilla Wow story. Cata has revamped MANY zones, provided 5 New zones, 40+ new Leveling zones, 1000s of quests, new reputations, a overhauled leveling system and talent system that would eventually get bulky, new bgs as well as the RBG, 5 new levels, 2 new races, started with 3 raids and NEW dungeons as well as 2 heroic old dungeons that people have been begging for since heroics were created. This is a LOT of content, but yes, there is Rag/MC 2.0, Nef/BWL 2.0, REUSED content, now we will see people in older gear.

Some might view these as time or gold sinks, or even a waste of developers time, but let's face it, Wow is not the shiniest of games. This major revamp was NEEDED. So this expansion is merely laying the ground work, lore wise and content wise, for new and even veteran players that just wanted answers, for new and exciting things to come to date.

OMG But DMF? Insane? They haven't said anything about insane, but acheives ALWAYS show timestamps, so show that off. As for new DMF? I would imagine a company like Blizzard has a LOT of people working on stuff. 4.3 has a TON of things to offer hardcore and softcore a like, and transmog/vs/DMF was ONLY announced first imo as a marketing ploy to retain the vast majority of players, the casuals that play this game for fun, read : FUN. You hardcore players? I imagine they have something for you, oh wait, 3 dungeons as well as 1 major raid. They just have not announced much on it, because money is still important to them, but they will get to you. "Shiny" just appeals to a more general crowd than "badass raids" would. Be smart.

I am looking forward to at least trying DMF, I think it might be interesting, the raid is something I DEFINITELY want to be involved with, but my only disappointment is that I still have not received the dance studio that was promised on the box of my Wrath when I purchased it. This is fluff, yes, but, this is more promised fluff than just maybe fluff.

Remember, Blizz knows there are great games coming up, SW, GW2, Tera, and many others that have good chances to destroy WoW, and Blizz took a big risk with Cata : The Revamp Expansion, but it needed it as it is showing it's age. Blizzard knows this, and I doubt they will not do everything they can to maintain a good gaming experience, well, as long as activision doesn't get any more involved /cry.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptoos View Post
    Great.The less complaining noobs will play wow, the better this game will be

less noobs?

tbh... the noobs came with something pathetic that was called Cata...

stfu with your noob comments, you prolly dont even know how it was before that.

Biggest fail jpeg event ever they try to show off now... who gives a flying

feck about the dmf...its time swtor comes out... cause after 6 years... im getting more bored

by the day... and find myself logging on even less every day...

---------- Post added 2011-08-27 at 07:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Skiball View Post
    And now people can get rep with Darkmoon more easily. Yet another kick in the pants to people that got "The Insane" before Cata.

Like the insane is hard to get... facepalm.jpg...

start getting achievements for yourself... and not to show off your epeen to others...

people will still see you got it before the change.... so your still a big boy!

but tbh.. be real... insane... lmao... all i can say... bot.. bot.. bot...

and many that have it will know what i mean... be real kiddo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Valdemar View Post
    Holy shit reading that post made my eyes feel weird. My sight is superfocused too...

fuck this shit man I'm going to sleep

10+ Year Old Account
    I want my bear form to have pinkish purple on her. that bear is so sweet looking, can i has it, please?

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by webdonkey View Post
    less noobs?

tbh... the noobs came with something pathetic that was called Cata...

stfu with your noob comments, you prolly dont even know how it was before that.

Biggest fail jpeg event ever they try to show off now... who gives a flying

feck about the dmf...its time swtor comes out... cause after 6 years... im getting more bored

by the day... and find myself logging on even less every day...
    Don't let the door hit you on your way out.

Quote Originally Posted by webdonkey View Post
    <snip> ... be real kiddo!
    Am I the only one that started laughing when I saw that at the end of that post?