Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantii View Post
    Drivers are barely debatable at this time. Red team has brought their A-Game for the drivers for the past year now, they've been pretty much flawless for single-card setups (you know, where it counts .) Their GPUs have been some of the best, and right now there's virtually no difference between Red and Green, aside from PhysX and price. And to be fair, when Nvidia screws up their drivers, they tend to destroy the cards instead of just give annoying little bugs, hehe.

Regarding AA, though, AMD's AA is only blurry when you use MLAA since that's really the effect that that type of AA does. When forcing MSAA, AMSAA or SSAA via CCC or just enabling it within games, there's no difference between the two brands. Though, for some reason, AMD deems it necessary to essentially disable AA for certain games (SC2 comes to mind.. but I can understand why they say that, as framerate can make a huge difference when playing competitively), it's nigh unnecessary at higher resolutions.

All in all, though, as stated, it's user preference. I'm keeping a close eye on Keplar and Southern Islands, hopefully it'll be like it was this round with plenty of awesome cards to choose from.
    Hopefully without the "Ti" cards.. The amount of times I almost recommended a 560 instead of a 560Ti are near uncountable....

So the AA differences are also out of the way.. Only AF is handled differently then, which is nearly impossible to spot in games, only in dedicated setups with special scenes. I'll try out the GTX570 for this time then. Should ease my mind also for the rest of my life.
    Last edited by Asmekiel; 2011-08-26 at 03:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    Hopefully without the "Ti" cards.. The amount of times I almost recommended a 560 instead of a 560Ti are near uncountable....

So the AA differences are also out of the way.. Only AF is handled differently then, which is nearly impossible to spot in games, only in dedicated setups with special scenes. I'll try out the GTX570 for this time then. Should ease my mind also for the rest of my life.
    Meh, AF is AF is AF, IMO. You should be happy with the GTX570, you'll also get use out of PhysX if you play the right games, which only enhances gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantii View Post
    Meh, AF is AF is AF, IMO. You should be happy with the GTX570, you'll also get use out of PhysX if you play the right games, which only enhances gameplay.
    Batman Arkham Asylum and Arkham City (for better cape physics, hell ye XD), Metro 2033 (although that wouldn't make any drastic changes) and UT3 (don't play this anymore, but might check out the extra physx-only map)

Soo, took me a while of Googling but here is the result: http://alienbabeltech.com/main/amd-r...analysis/all/1 an article about the differences how certain GPUs manage AF. As you can see, the AMD 6000 GPUs produce better images, but I don't know how the 500 series GPUs handle this.
    Still it's hard to tell the difference in games.
    Last edited by Asmekiel; 2011-08-26 at 04:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    Batman Arkham Asylum and Arkham City (for better cape physics, hell ye XD), Metro 2033 (although that wouldn't make any drastic changes) and UT3 (don't play this anymore, but might check out the extra physx-only map)

Soo, took me a while of Googling but here is the result: http://alienbabeltech.com/main/amd-r...analysis/all/1 an article about the differences how certain GPUs manage AF. As you can see, the AMD 6000 GPUs produce better images, but I don't know how the 500 series GPUs handle this.
    Still it's hard to tell the difference in games.
    Honestly I would go w/ the 570. nvidia cards atm are superior to ati at HANDLING AA, not just doing it. Look for reviews, for the most part the green cards a are superior at processing AA.