Thread: Breaking 2pT11?

Breaking 2pT11?

I know the question has likely been driven into the ground but, gonna ask it again lol.. Maybe with a different circumstance >.>

I have 2p T12/2p T11. T11 being shoulders/legs.

Now, last night I got 391 Mastery/Haste shoulders from Shannox and 378 T12 Legs. Would this upgrade prove beneficial to drop the 2pT11 for? I don't have the helm token yet so would be rolling 3/5 2pT12. Out of the box it seems like a DPS upgrade and Simcraft says it is by about 1k or so but I can't honestly say I am any good with that damn application. So here I am.

What do you guys think? I logged out last night with the new upgrades from raid last night gemmed/reforged so you can look if needed.

battle.net/wow/en/character/wyrmrest-accord/Ron%C3%A0/advanced

Add "us" to the link above - Obviously can't post links yet Q_Q

I would go with the simcraft results in this scenario. I was basically in the same situation as you a while back, only with 378 shoulders as opposed to 391, and it was still a solid DPS increase.

If you want to verify, just do a 3 minute parse against a raid training dummy, using only your single target rotation (don't include Starfall). Do a couple of them with each set of equipment, and take a look at the numbers through recount/skada. You should definitely see an increase for the 3/5t12 setup, even factoring in RNG.

EDIT: On a side note, if you can manage to grab a very small amount of mastery somewhere without sacrificing anything large, you're actually very close to an extra 1% eclipse damage. Your armory is also only showing one of your rings as being enchanted
    Last edited by daerellin; 2011-08-25 at 08:15 PM.

Yah, I originally had enchanting at 525 but dropped it for Engineering a while back when Nefarian was being a giant douchebag and never dropping tokens for my helm. So, the one ring had an enchantment on it at one time

I'll look into the mastery thing, for sure. How much are we talking?

Quote Originally Posted by Rona1012 View Post
    Yah, I originally had enchanting at 525 but dropped it for Engineering a while back when Nefarian was being a giant douchebag and never dropping tokens for my helm. So, the one ring had an enchantment on it at one time

I'll look into the mastery thing, for sure. How much are we talking?
    We get an extra 1% eclipse damage for every .5 mastery, and you are at 14.49. Pretty much any positive adjustment to your mastery would put you over the mark :P Again it would have to be one of those things to test with dummy parses though, if you end up having to give up anything substantial for it. I do a new set of dummy parses whenever I make a gear change hehe.

EDIT: Another thing you might want to look at: Berthold's DPS trinket spreadsheet lists the Fiery Quintessence, used on cooldown and reforged with haste, as being better than the Necromantic Focus for us. If you have any down time and are bored, you might want to pick one up, macro it into all of your abilities, and give it a try.

Here's the spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...1E&hl=en#gid=5
    Last edited by daerellin; 2011-08-25 at 08:56 PM.

Interesting..

I had read somewhere that it was close between the Necromantic Focus/Fiery Quintessence. I suppose I could give it a try since it's just gold when I have some downtime to reforge etc to do the testing.

As for the mastery, I thought it scaled linearly now? Atleast, I think I read that in Calculated's guid over on the tmr. I would imagine to gain some mastery I would need to drop a slight amount of haste. I only wonder how much it would take to reach the next point it would increase by 1%. I am assuming that happens at 14.50% and I am at 14.49%? Or is it 15.0% when it happens? I know haste is our primary stat after INT but without DI (which I won't be getting since I raid in a 10m environment with no warlock) the 1% eclipse bonus MIGHT be more beneficial.

---------- Post added 2011-08-25 at 04:18 PM ----------

Oh, it also seems the on use is tied to the the on use of the enchant on gloves via engineering. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. Perhaps it could be good considering you could pop one or the other on almost every eclipse.

themoonkinrepository.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=6167

Oh man, I hate how Engineers get shafted with stuff like this :/ It's a small thing, but it's still annoying. As for the mastery, I read that as well but opted to just go with my own testing. I suppose it could just be a subconscious thing, that actually seeing my character sheet bump up eclipse by 1% every .5 made it feel better to follow. Granted, testing for a 1% differentiation with the number range that our eclipsed spells can have is kind of hard.
    Last edited by daerellin; 2011-08-25 at 09:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    For some reason I was under the impression mastery only worked to the whole number, ie 14 or 15 not 14.5. No idea where I pulled that from though, my ass I suppose.

Yeah... it would be hard to see the 1% based on how my dot's react (crit or no crit). It would have to be a huuuuge sample size, haha.

I likely have a better chance of pulling down the Heroic Necromantic Focus since we are likely focusing on that starting next week. I don't think I will roll against the other caster in my group but w/ 10m it could either be quickly or FOREVER, lol.

Yeah... it would be hard to see the 1% based on how my dot's react (crit or no crit). It would have to be a huuuuge sample size, haha.

I likely have a better chance of pulling down the Heroic Necromantic Focus since we are likely focusing on that starting next week. I don't think I will roll against the other caster in my group but w/ 10m it could either be quickly or FOREVER, lol.
    Well good luck to you on that! I've been craving the heroic version for quite some time, but we're only 2/7H at the moment and I don't know if we'll be there any time soon. Still clawing away at Cinders to work on finishing my Dragonwrath :'(

Yeah. I'm still collecting embers (not 1st in line for the staff) so figuring that's gonna be quite some time. Took the chance to upgrade my boe dagger to 391 last night. Takes a long time to do the legendary on 10m :/

I just got My Firecat leggings tonight, currently using T11 legs/helm, I also have the cowl of the clicking menace but not using it to keep my 2 piece should I put both on, or wait til I get my T12 helm, which should be any week now if rag ever decides to drop it?

Just wanted to report back with what I seemed to have found by testing using Fiery Quintessence vs. Necromantic Focus. Simcraft showed it about a 300dps gain for the Necromantic.

That's about what I seen. I did a couple sets of 8m damage each with both setups. While the Fiery Quintessence bumped my haste up, and my static mastery it fell anywhere from 3-700dps behind in my testing on a dummy. I timed the trinket as much as possible to be up with dots, as well as my engineering gloves when the trinket was down. With MotW and no other buffs, no treants, and no starfall I seen roughly 20.5k with the Quintessence vs 21-21.3k w/ Necromantic Focus.

Makes me wonder though.. Since it is a on-use trinket if it would scale better since I could choose to use with say a pot, and bloodlust since the margin is so small. Just not entirely sure :/
    Last edited by Rona1012; 2011-08-28 at 10:05 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I really don't see the 2T11 bonus as being a really big DPS boost. I wouldn't hold any sentiment to it versus upgrading to 378 or 391 gear.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre View Post
    I really don't see the 2T11 bonus as being a really big DPS boost. I wouldn't hold any sentiment to it versus upgrading to 378 or 391 gear.
    Yeah, I agree. I've since moved on from the 2pT11. I mostly posted back to show my small test of the Fiery Quitnessence trinket vs Necromantic Focus which, I'm still not sure of since the numbers are so relatively close, lol.

Yeah, I agree. I've since moved on from the 2pT11. I mostly posted back to show my small test of the Fiery Quitnessence trinket vs Necromantic Focus which, I'm still not sure of since the numbers are so relatively close, lol.
    Unfortunately I haven't been lucky enough to get the trinket from Baleroc yet, but my plans are to use the Quintessence on fights with low movement, and the Focus on movement heavy, Solar stacking fights. I imagine if you try to use the Quintessence on Rhyolith, it's value will probably plummet. If you can safely make use of the proc every time, it's great. But if you can't plan that out, it's a safer bet to use the Focus.

Yeah but if you think about it most fights in this tier are movement intense, to some point. Sans maybe Baleroc (depending on how your raid does it) and Shannox again depending on how your raid kites. It's possible the group kites in a huge area and you get stuck having to move due to being out of range. Mind you I am speaking of Heroic. Domo on Heroic is actually a fair amount of moving, to the point I am considering swapping to my Lunar Show spec for it on our next kill.