Page 1 of 23
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Deus Ex : Human Revolution

Edit from 3clipse: Any posts with spoilers in them will be removed, immediately.

Here is my full review fellow gamers! I tried to make it has no spoilers

Deus Ex: Human Revolution is a FPSRPG. This isn't a game for a mere child who needs to be walked through everything. It's a game for adults who make their own decisions. At first this can be an overwhelming experience, like a teenager going to drive for their first time, reason being this generation has had mindless games where you can kill something, and receive roughly five shots to the face before you die. This isn't the case in Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

The setting of this game is in the near future, year 2027. You play as Adam Jensen, an ex cop hired to protect Sarif Industries. Sarif Industries is a company that specailizes in Human Augmentation (Robotic Enhancements in Humans). One day when you are working an "experiment goes wrong" and you have to check it out... (I don't want to spoil anything.)

This world is pure science fiction, that the developers did an amazing job bringing it to life. There are many news articles spread throughout the game to give you some more background information about the world. The freedom of what you can do is just so spectacular, I can not desribe it in any other word then "Awesome".

Deus Ex is a game fully packed with decisions, ranging from how to infiltrate a heavily guarded building to just a conversation with a homeless person. If you embrace the freedom Deus Ex gives, you will have one of the most epic experience this generation. Getting into a police station armory could be a very challenging thing to do. You could be a risk taker and just walk in and try to buy your way through by bribing crooked cops, or be a crazed gunman and whip out your combat rifle from its holster and take the frontal assualt and take out everyone who could be analized to be a threat. Another way is to be stealthy and pick the sewage system to get it, or you could climb up the fire escape of a nearbybuilding and be parkour from jumping onto other roofs to get ontop of the building and choose to go through the ventalation system. You can also be a tech-savvy hacker and get by all the camera's and locked doors with ease. As for what you can decide to say to people will very differ the outcome of something, heck you might get someone shot if you don't play your cards right.

There is no "right or wrong" way to play Deus Ex: Human Revolution. For every option will give you quality results, some ways just take different strategies then others.

Now for how good this game is, and it is a very good game, there are still some bugs that should be adressed. The hacking minigame can be very annoying sometimes, because you have a percentage bassed chance on getting the alarm set off if you don't execute it properly and have the right items with you to aid you. The facial animations for the game are not the best, it does loop arm movement when you are talking to someone quite a bit aswell. The loading screens are very dreadful but thankfully they just patched it today so anyone new to the game won't feel the 1 minute wait. For how unlimited your actions can be in this game, it is like you are actually living as Adam Jensen. This has to be the most unique type of gameplay this generation has seen. Deus Ex: Human Revolution isn't a game for everyone, but it is a game everyone can make their own.

I honestly give this game a 9.2 / 10
    Last edited by zetti; 2011-08-27 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Put me better version of the review right here

2 hours 7 minutes till I can play... Time is passing so slow right now!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    You realize the first one (Deus Ex) came out before all those games were even a thought?
    The only people you have control over is yourself. If you want to make a point, leave proper, factual replies.

Game of the Year.

Luckily for the people who haven't played yet, the new patch today fixes the loading screens, which were pretty much the biggest problem the game had.

I have only played it for a few hours, but it is quite good and would recommend it to anyone whom is a fan of Dues Ex, or even the FPS / RPG genre. It does pay homage to MGS and some other stealth type games.

I also recommend people to play on the "Give me Dues Ex" difficulty for the most immersive experience (although it is pretty hard).

"Luckily for the people who haven't played yet, the new patch today fixes the loading screens, which were pretty much the biggest problem the game had."

Really? Excellent, will have to play again once I get home, I found the loading screens very long and thought that it was strange being that I have all my Steam games installed on my RAID 0 setup.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doirdyn View Post
    You realize the first one (Deus Ex) came out before all those games were even a thought?
    I'm better than you because I played in Vanilla. I only stand in fire and lose deeps charts ironically.

...kay?
    Last edited by 3clipse; 2011-08-25 at 09:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    Game of the Year.

Luckily for the people who haven't played yet, the new patch today fixes the loading screens, which were pretty much the biggest problem the game had.
    Oh thank god, they took way too long imo.

---------- Post added 2011-08-25 at 02:05 PM ----------

Yeah it came out in 1991 right? I remember how horrible the accuracy was D:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zetti View Post
    Oh thank god, they took way too long imo.

---------- Post added 2011-08-25 at 02:05 PM ----------

Yeah it came out in 1991 right? I remember how horrible the accuracy was D:
    2000. It annoys me a little that people don't even know it existed :\

Quote Originally Posted by GodlyBob View Post
    I'm better than you because I played in Vanilla. I only stand in fire and lose deeps charts ironically.
    That isn't related... at all.
    The only people you have control over is yourself. If you want to make a point, leave proper, factual replies.

Do not get this game from Gamestop (or any game for that matter) they will screw you over. They open your package and take out a free version of the game you will get from anywhere else.

I've played a bit of the first Dues Ex, i didn't think it was really anything special. I might look into this one though because while the first one wasn't great I could see potential. If the 2nd one is more like MGS then I will like it more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VenomousCarnage View Post
    Do not get this game from Gamestop (or any game for that matter) they will screw you over. They open your package and take out a free version of the game you will get from anywhere else.

I've played a bit of the first Dues Ex, i didn't think it was really anything special. I might look into this one though because while the first one wasn't great I could see potential. If the 2nd one is more like MGS then I will like it more.
    You must've played the first one years after it came out.. It was revolutionary to the genre. (Btw, this is the THIRD one.)

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    Game of the Year.
    Have heard some refer to it as Game of the Decade. Shall be buying it tomorrow (UK) when it goes on release. I have high expectations and don't think I will be disappointed.

10+ Year Old Account

I just bought it through Steam, online purchases with them are always very good and easy, you can never go wrong with them.

How can anyone be excited about this game after reading what the new Darkmoon Faire will be bringing??

10+ Year Old Account
    You must've played the first one years after it came out.. It was revolutionary to the genre. (Btw, this is the THIRD one.)
    I never actually played the 2nd one, it was Deux Ex: Invisible war, right? Was it any good?

yet you couldn't be more wrong since Metal Gear Solid was out 2 whole years before it and the actual series started way back around Super Nintendos time.

we get it you like the series, you are not gonna lure anyone to it's "greatness" by being pretentious and insulting.
    Last edited by VenomousCarnage; 2011-08-25 at 09:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zetti View Post
    I never actually played the 2nd one, it was Deux Ex: Invisible war, right? Was it any good?
    On console, yes it was. PC users didn't like it because it was a bad port.

yet you couldn't be more wrong since Metal Gear Solid was out 2 whole years before it and the actual series started way back in Super Nintendos time.
    MGS, 1998, sure.

Splinter Cell: 2002.
    Mass Effect: 2007.

I don't believe that MGS really had any effect on Deus Ex 1 development, considering how long games took to develop back then.
    Last edited by Doirdyn; 2011-08-25 at 09:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah.. no
    konami released mgs in 1998.. the series started in 1987!

10+ Year Old Account
    On console, yes it was. PC users didn't like it because it was a bad port.
    Indeed. Barely works on modern systems too, just blacks screens in the majority of the loading screens (and there are a lot of loading screens).

Quote Originally Posted by Jacques View Post
    yeah.. no
    konami released mgs in 1998.. the series started in 1987!
    It's probably best just to ignore him he's the very definition of an annoying (and wrong) fanboy blind to reason.