Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixon View Post
    i don't like but that is coming from a primarily pve player who would like pvp from time to time but just dosen't have time for the gear grind. pvp is fun and a nice way to relax but how do you have time to grind out 2 full sets of gear just have a chance?
    You can grind out the full 371 set + your weapon in a week if you run it with guildies or friends. I have no idea what the actual number is for the full set but I think it's in the neighborhood of like 24k honor.

@Retqt. In higher rated arenas, knowing when to go offensive (Burst) and go for a kill, as well as knowing when to play defensivly is even more important than the lower brackets, since you will need to exxecute your cc chains with less error, and plan your kills around the enemy's agression and defensive cd's as well. So it's about more than simply tunneling damage into a target, but that doesn't make damage any less important.

Edit: @OP I said that the resil you run is a matter of personal preference. Think of it this way. Whenever you aren't taking damage, resil as a stat is worthless, and when you are, it's more valuable than all of your offensive stats. It's a balance that depends on how often you get swapped to and trained etc. Consider what I said about Resil for mages. When people connect on a mage for an extended period, it doesn't matter how much resil you have, you will be forced to use your teams defensive cds and die. Most mages are comfortable running a slightly lower level of resil since they know that's about how much they need to comfortably survive the damage they can take if they play well. My biggest tip for you is to just constantly play, with a higher level of resil first, and if you feel comfortable to gradually lower it in favor of things like haste for quicker cyclones etc.
    Last edited by Ktz385; 2011-08-26 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyaral View Post
    They added diminishing return's to resilience in 4.1 after 32.5% reduction adding more still helps but it become's less valuble and come's down to individual playstyle how much you take. I personally like to run with 3500-3700 and don't feel I could play with less.
    On the first run of it res changes it would have been pointless to stack past that. But later on that ptr they made it a very small nerf to res instead. Example 4k res is 40% where is was 42% before the patch. The first time they changed it 4k went down to around 35-36% but its not really that less valuable now.

Max in full ruthless is around 4200 res so we don't really know scaling past that and won't matter until s11.

Deleted
    A world (of warcraft) without Resilience would just end up being two-shot fests all around. We don't need vanilla pvp back in the game, it was awful, except for a very small amount of classes.

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    On the first run of it res changes it would have been pointless to stack past that. But later on that ptr they made it a very small nerf to res instead. Example 4k res is 40% where is was 42% before the patch. The first time they changed it 4k went down to around 35-36% but its not really that less valuable now.

Max in full ruthless is around 4200 res so we don't really know scaling past that and won't matter until s11.
    The change in value of resil as compared to before is very small. Consider the extreme of my earlier post.

Disclaimer, if you don't care about the actual math of it skip to the bottom of this post:

You go from 99% dmg to reduction to 100%. You gain 1% damage reduction but take 100% less damage than you did before. From 98-99 you gain 1% damage reduction but take 50% less damage than you did before. From 97-98 you once again, gained 1% damage reduction but take 33% less damage than you did before. Under the old system it took the same ammount of resil (as a stat) to go from 98% to 99% as it did to go from 97-98, even though as you see the ammount of damage you take is much less than 99% of what it was before.

As you can see this follows a simple formula where if you have % damage reduction n, the ammount of damage you take when you have n+1% damage reduction compared to n is 1/(100-n)= k. Under the old formula, k grew exponentially because the change in n as determined by the ammount of resil you have was linear. In the new system, k grows linearly because n grows logistically.

Math over, safe to read now:

What this means for the actual change in the value of resil. In the old system, let's say it took you 100 resil to go from 50% damage reduction on your character shee to 51%. In this new system that 100 resil would bring you to 50.5% damage reduction. .5% less damage reduction on your character sheet. That is the difference between the old system and the new at a level of resil currently beyond the gear available.

tl;dr Resil is good, it never stops beging good, use the ammount you feel comfortable with.