Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I wish that I did not start playing videogames until I was a lot older. And or the fact I wish I was born earlier, so I could have experienced certain video games with a higher intellectual property than what I posessed back then.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

I've never crushed a goomba's head
    Or picked a fire flower.
    I've never drawn the Master Sword
    And felt its awesome power.
    I've never run through rings and loops,
    Fast as my hedgehog feet would go.
    And under the sea there'll never be
    A single dolphin named Echo.
    I've never rode Epona
    'Neath Hyrule Field's setting sun.
    I've never been the only one
    To wield the golden gun.
    The ancient lands of Albion
    Have never been the place for me.
    I've never once jumped on a Grunt
    From the wings of my purple banshee.
    I never stole an Elder Scroll
    Or closed Oblivion's gate.
    And I never rode the Normandy
    To fight for the galaxy's fate.
    A thousand lives I'll never knew, a thousand stories left untold.
    A younger me might have the time, but now I'm far too old.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Heck no, wouldn't ever dream of doing that. Video Games have helped shape who I am, I love them a lot, they are a huge part of who I am.
    This. I was introduced to video games at the age of 3 (nes with the original gold zelda nes case),the only thing I do wish for is more time to play them and finish them.

Quote Originally Posted by oneeyedirishman View Post
    Or picked a fire flower.
    I've never rode Epona
    To wield the golden gun.
    That was stupendous!

Deleted
    Yes I do wish that sometimes. I'm really addicted to gaming now. It's usually on and off between FPS and WoW. It's WoW for now since I can't stand the piece of garbage named Black Ops. Patiently waiting for MW3 and BF3 at the moment.

But yeah I feel compelled to game some everyday and when I start playing I usually have difficulty stopping. Sometimes I have a hard time studying because of this. (Studying Medicine at the moment) When I get bad grades I wish I wouldn't have gotten into gaming and would rather still be watching TV instead of gaming (much easier to stop imo) or actually reading the ton of books I once said to be interesting and should read sometime, but haven't done as of yet

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Heck no, wouldn't ever dream of doing that. Video Games have helped shape who I am, I love them a lot, they are a huge part of who I am.
    Yea pretty much this. I've had bad times (addicted to some game or another) and learning how to stave off an addiction, of any kind. I've had great times, trying different games and enjoying the creativity behind so many of them. Sure they may just be video games, but they're my second favourite pasttime and something I would never dream of removing from my life.

---------- Post added 2011-08-26 at 01:00 PM ----------

Or picked a fire flower.
    I've never rode Epona
    To wield the golden gun.
    That's hilarious, along with your avatar. Good stuff. Am abit worried I recognised almost every game (who's Echo?) in there, but yeah :P

Quote Originally Posted by Mavecryst View Post
    That's hilarious, along with your avatar. Good stuff. Am abit worried I recognised almost every game (who's Echo?) in there, but yeah :P
    Echo the Dolphin!

Deleted
    Seeing what the average non-gaming people do in their evening (watching tv on the couch), I don't see any blame to put on videogames. They provide a deeper and more refined way of passing time, when you just don't feel like putting too much sweat into something. And I wouldn't let go of some great videogames memories for anything in the world^^

Quote Originally Posted by Aesacos View Post
    Seeing what the average non-gaming people do in their evening (watching tv on the couch), I don't see any blame to put on videogames. They provide a deeper and more refined way of passing time, when you just don't feel like putting too much sweat into something. And I wouldn't let go of some great videogames memories for anything in the world^^
    Not even... ONE HUNDRED BILLION DOLLARS?!

Not at all, everyone has hobbies. Sure, if i hadn't gotten so into gaming, I would have more of a social life. But at the moment im pretty happy just talking to people online. If you get along its great, if you dont you can always just /ignore them

20, been playing games since i was 8 and proud.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alemaite View Post
    Sometimes I wish I could delete the 1 day I got a SNES for Christmas my Life seriously changed after that. All of the sudden I stopped playing soccer, instead I invited my friends to come over and play Street Fighter. They got addicted too and all got a SNES so we could trade games etc. This is when everyhting started. Now I'm 22 and I think about 1/4 or maybe less of my Life was all video games.

It's kinda sad if you think about it, do you think your Life would've turned out different if you never started playing videogames (excessively)?
    yea so different, instead of playing video games you could have been watching tv 24/7....

I kinda wish I'd never goten hooked on wow but video games overall I dont regret.

Who is John Galt?

Deleted
    Never. Video games are a part of who I am.

To reply to your own situation alemaite, you weren't addicted. Video games aren't inherently addictive and it sounds unlikely that you suffer from addictive personality disorder (since you could apparently have other hobbies before discovering video games and not get addicted to those). What I will say is that you didn't have the self-control needed for moderation and that your parents didn't parent you enough to help you learn that self-control. Just tossing that out there. You may have had problems that you want to look back at in disgust, but never ever blame the video games for it. You need to take your own responsibility, and you can't do that by saying "I was addicted" or "I wish I never discovered video games". That's how you learn to avoid making those same mistakes in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like video games and I have enjoyed them since i was a kid. I never suffered socialy because of them. Quite the opposite i met a lot of interesting people on the internet and I am still having fun. I think it all just depends on how you manage your time. I always had time for games and sports/friends.

As people have said, watching TV is a far greater waste of time than, say, playing WoW, there is now (in Australia anyways) such trash on TV. So as long as the it isn't done over obsesivelly as to have a negative effect on ones life on average, it's all good.
    I know someone of whom this is not the case and it is very sad, but if it wasn't WoW, wouldn't it just be something else? Probably.

Deleted
    Not even... ONE HUNDRED BILLION DOLLARS?!
    Not to sound venal, but yeah, maybe one hundred billion dollars could help with parting with some memories, yet I'm pretty sure I would have some nostalgic times every now and then in my pool full of cash...

Deleted
    I've had a lot of good memories with video games, so not really.

I kinda wish I didn't discover WoW in my first year of University though..

No, can't say I do.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not at all, gaming has given me a escape besides just sitting and watching TV(Which is what I'd be doing instead), and atleast lets me pretend I know how to talk to people. Even if I do picture them all as 100x100 pictures.

Video Games in general no, MMO's yes somewhat.