Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Roll a hunter.

Lol, seriously though, I think hunters are the most OP class in lowbie BGs. They're the easiest to twink out, and with the change to concussion shot (you can now keep someone perma-slowed, wtf blizz?) you don't really have to worry about people getting into range.

I normally drop a freezing trap (whichever one it is, the one that iceblocks someone) and stand with it right behind me. Then I basically just turret. If a rogue sneaks up behind me, they get trapped, I move away, and turret them too. Simple, effective.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Roll a hunter.

Lol, seriously though, I think hunters are the most OP class in lowbie BGs. They're the easiest to twink out, and with the change to concussion shot (you can now keep someone perma-slowed, wtf blizz?) you don't really have to worry about people getting into range.

I normally drop a freezing trap (whichever one it is, the one that iceblocks someone) and stand with it right behind me. Then I basically just turret. If a rogue sneaks up behind me, they get trapped, I move away, and turret them too. Simple, effective.
    So I hit your trap, use my trinket, sprint if you are only a few steps away, shadow step if you get aways away. Then if you disengage I vanish, use my cloak if you put serpent sting on me. Run up behind you and ambush etc you die because your trap is on cd still and so is your disengage. I win. The trap trick only works if my cd's are gone or if the rogue is bad.

Prot pally, and mid levels War.
    A man chooses, a Slave obeys. OBEY! - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyllystus View Post
    So I hit your trap, use my trinket, sprint if you are only a few steps away, shadow step if you get aways away. Then if you disengage I vanish, use my cloak if you put serpent sting on me. Run up behind you and ambush etc you die because your trap is on cd still and so is your disengage. I win. The trap trick only works if my cd's are gone or if the rogue is bad.
    So how does this help in the level 30-40 or 40-50 bracket if you don't get Cloak of shadows until 58? Although you are right in that it's all about cooldown management.

ok just did an AV and seems like rogues got some kind of buff at level 54? Ambush 2.7k crits and evis 2.2k crits

back to old oneshotting again =/ and I don't really want to go frost qq
    Level 54 Rogues get Envenom. There's 3 Talent points which can boost its' damage by 20% in the Subtelty tree.
    Well that's just typical. Ten minutes before the most important party of my life, and half the house has been destroyed by a giant sandwich.

been levelling a new prot warr recently.

So i head into 30-34 bracket at level 30, 2.5k hp quite solid with 44.5% armour. Level 33 rogue can basically 2 shot me, ambush+evis and a couple autoattacks and im dead while i can barely do anything to them cause they dodge everything.

just so sick of one class completely dominating what seems to be the majority of level ranges in this game. Game evens out at around 70 but im thinking thats mainly to do with brutal gear being so easily available.

Would it be so bad to just reduce ambush weapon damage coefficient before level 80? And also some kind of dodge suppressant before level 80 as well, a well geared rogue has something around 40% passive dodge all the way until they hit cata levels.

I have found that after they open turn around and face them quickly. However, if the ambush crits, your done for really. If it doesn't crit, you have a fighting chance.

10+ Year Old Account
    from my experience doing bg's only from 10-43 on a rogue, most classes can have seriously problems vs. a skilled rogue, esp with shadowstep now a level 10 ability.

goblin knockback was a real hassle if i didn't open with cheap shot (now not available as low as 3.3.x)
    some priests (disc?) could be damn hard to kill if they always kept pw shield up.
    mages can certainly be tricky due to blink/stun. garrote and go from there, glyph on garrote. some rogues don't know not to cheapshot mages.
    skilled paladins, by the late 30's, provided the most consistent challenge. not sure what specs gave me most trouble.

in short, rogues really need a nerf to the potential of shadowstep/ambush/all the ambush damage/crit talents in low levels. the most obvious answer is reduce the % damage bonus of ambush and ramp it over the course of leveling, not that that is ever going to happen.
    Last edited by Deficineiron; 2011-09-10 at 04:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    been levelling a new prot warr recently.

So i head into 30-34 bracket at level 30, 2.5k hp quite solid with 44.5% armour. Level 33 rogue can basically 2 shot me, ambush+evis and a couple autoattacks and im dead while i can barely do anything to them cause they dodge everything.

just so sick of one class completely dominating what seems to be the majority of level ranges in this game. Game evens out at around 70 but im thinking thats mainly to do with brutal gear being so easily available.

Would it be so bad to just reduce ambush weapon damage coefficient before level 80? And also some kind of dodge suppressant before level 80 as well, a well geared rogue has something around 40% passive dodge all the way until they hit cata levels.
    It's cool, get to 85 and everything flips.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't played WoW in a while. They get shadow step at low levels? Good lord, it's the end of the freaking world >.>

Play prot and win till 85

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathoris View Post
    Best thing I've learned to do is on my hunter put a frost trap down then step in front of it. When they ss they land on trap and freeze before ambush. Because that is what gets you you are just instantly dead noting else really to do about it.

I learned that trick because a hunter did that to me on my rogue at low levels works fantastic.

---------- Post added 2011-08-26 at 11:05 AM ----------

lol true on my rogue (never played one before 4.0) at about level 40-50 when plate started to survive the ss ambush evi combo i was like oh shit what now. But then a little research and there is not a single class or spec that i have a problem with with cds depending
    same here, then I realized with cheapshot proc;ing the armor debuff, backstab was doing a ton of damage by 40. Once I got this in my head, backstab ended up being avg double the dmg of ambush over any number of bg's.

Hi there OP... I actually made an account just to say; I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL BRUTHA!

Not long ago, me and two real life friends, all three of us rated 2.2k plus in arenas on our mains rolled new characters purely for raping BGs, I rolled a Ret Paladin, my friends rolled a Resto Druid and a Warrior. We all had full heirlooms and were always either in the same room or on skype.

You would expect we would have no problem winning BGs? You would expect we would have rarely died? Well... kinda, but for rogues.

The three of us could sit in a grave yard and take on 7-8 guys at a time and have no problems. The only problems came when rogues showed up, because rogues could (this was before some various nerfs to shadowstep ambush damage modifiers etc) literally shadowstep my mate playing a druid (who played a disc priest at 2300 for many seasons in wotlk) and one shot him with ambush, and he had FULL heirlooms and gold to waste on stam enchants. Even if he survived the ambush, it takes off atleast 75% of HP and at low levels you simply don't have the tools needed to get away.

TLDR: Yes, Rogues are retarded at low levels, I imagine they really ruin it for people without heirlooms, it made me and my mates stop queueing a few times and that was 2.2k+ players with full heirlooms and voice communications... haha!

Deleted
    yeah fix something that shouldnt have been put there in the 1st place, the fact that your qqing about it is quite pathetic. If they were to fix it tho they could just change the spell-scaling for rogues/kitty druids, since they are the most op classes pre 85.

I was a rogue that leveled via BG. If you want to survive us then know when to expect us. A smart rogue will pick off the stragglers, the weak, or healers. If you see a rogue coming at you and he stealths, just turn around. The smart ones will only travel stealthed so your prob screwed. When you get sap pray you have a trinket because we're setting ourselves up. Outside of stealth we're pretty worthless unless our cd's are up and we cycle them correctly. Just stay in groups and just expect it at all times.

A good low level hunter is going to roll all over a good low level rogue any day of the week. First big clue is a hunter can outrange shadowstep and still relentlessly pelt you with attacks while keeping you slowed with concussive shot. Your only hope is vanish (and if you're under level 58 you're screwed there too), and even then that's nothing a well-placed scatter shot can't fix

If you're beating any hunters at low level it's because they are terrible.

Make a hunter twink it and u should be good to go for low lvl bgs

Quote Originally Posted by mtawney1313 View Post
    A good low level hunter is going to roll all over a good low level rogue any day of the week. First big clue is a hunter can outrange shadowstep and still relentlessly pelt you with attacks while keeping you slowed with concussive shot. Your only hope is vanish (and if you're under level 58 you're screwed there too), and even then that's nothing a well-placed scatter shot can't fix

If you're beating any hunters at low level it's because they are terrible.
    how useful is outranging shadowstep if he's coming from stealth?

vanish isn't at level 58, I've seen rogues in the mid 30s using it. You're behind the times.

and how can you scatter shot vanish?

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    how useful is outranging shadowstep if he's coming from stealth?

vanish isn't at level 58, I've seen rogues in the mid 30s using it. You're behind the times.

and how can you scatter shot vanish?
    He meant you get CloS at 58.

Not much you can do, you will get 2 shot until level 70.

I have a lvl 19 semi twink hunter and rogues have nothing if you manage to survive their initial 2 shot attempt. The problem is most of the time u wont, especially if ur not at 100% hp.

But at low levels it's hunters vs rogues everyone else is just free hks. If rogues fail to 2 shot the hunter they will die a slow death.

If the rogues can't get cloak yet just ask the hunters to mark any unstealthed rogue they see. Makes things easier.

Best way to kill rogues in low lvl BGs? Follow a clothy about 20 yards back as a rogue. The second one of those dratted enemy rogues appears, shadowstep and ambush/evis that mofo. Dead rogue is dead.