Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Please change Gilneas in RBGs

Its annoying at how defendable it is. The first time to get 2 nodes wins. theres no challenge. its simple to hold a node once youve capped it. Ragin in a bit but im wondering others thoughts on the matter.. in regular bgs its ok. you can ninja cap some... sometimes. in rbgs its damn near impossible to gain a node once its been taken, its frustrating. agree? disagree? ideas for change?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    when it gets to 2k plus team mmr's its luck either way who gets it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fightcub View Post
    when it gets to 2k plus team mmr's its luck either way who gets it.
    I agree its usually a real lucky fear bomb or a super clutch CC to cap. other than that both teams are 1-1 for the first 10 min easy.

I hate gilneas as alliance in RBGS

It's rigged for horde no joke it really is.

Hold Mines & Waterworks and you got the game 100%

My experience with gilneas in RBGS has been terrible...every-time we get Alliance we lose...everytime we get horde...we win....

Quote Originally Posted by Silaryn View Post

LoL I couldnt help but laugh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xBoRISx View Post
    LoL I couldnt help but laugh
    Me too... Considering Alliance can get to Waterworks faster than Horde and just have mages ring of frost in the water and nova

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    its relatively fair for both teams. its just extremely lucky to cc ya know 8 or so people to be able to cap.. the reason AB works is you cant instantly get to a flag being attacked in a short period of time, and theres more nodes to spread the point gain. its just extremely annoying fighting for a flag for a good 10min, getting some lucky fear bomb then boom, game over. from the start. the worst RBG map imo. the only thing i can think about changing in it is like.. say with 2 bases you gain double points but your rez timer is 15sec longer. or something. i dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by Silaryn View Post

Hold Mines & Waterworks and you got the game 100%

My experience with gilneas in RBGS has been terrible...every-time we get Alliance we lose...everytime we get horde...we win....
    Well duh you're going to win if your team is holding 2 of the 3 bases!

Alliance actually has the shorter path fractionally I believe (don't quote me on it). You also have an easier time cutting across and preventing the horde side from reaching the node. The cabin provides a temporary los, while the water between mines and waterworks is something of a bottleneck.

It's a smaller bg so it's much easier to static and dispatch people accordingly, so it naturally favors defense of the nodes, but it still remains within the realm of possibility to successfuly attack provided you have excellent timing.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I will say WW and LH seems to be the harder combination main reason you cant see everything coming around that bend lol. If blizz just knocked down all those shitty trees and bulldozed the topography id be happy. WW and Mines is all flat ground and you can see pretty much both bases easily when you start to come around the corner. but thats not the point.. the point is the simplicity of holding a node once its been taken is simple. same concept as TB when they first introduced it.

I will say WW and LH seems to be the harder combination main reason you cant see everything coming around that bend lol. If blizz just knocked down all those shitty trees and bulldozed the topography id be happy. WW and Mines is all flat ground and you can see pretty much both bases easily.
    This is what I meant by it's easy to win as horde on gilneas.

It's rigged for them.

and as far as I remember it's a shorter distance from mines > WW

Its annoying at how defendable it is. The first time to get 2 nodes wins. theres no challenge. its simple to hold a node once youve capped it. Ragin in a bit but im wondering others thoughts on the matter.. in regular bgs its ok. you can ninja cap some... sometimes. in rbgs its damn near impossible to gain a node once its been taken, its frustrating. agree? disagree? ideas for change?
    I played Gilneas in RBG Just last night at 2.1k mmr and I gotta tell ya, we both took and lost bases several times. We had our rogue and feral druid ninjacap LM 3 times too.
    We started off with the ally team getting LM and WW, and we switched it around to having LM and Mines by the end of the match and won 1870-1000something before they left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninji
    "lets loose quik" is the only alliance pride I am aware of

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    any good team posts 2 at a node at gilneas. soo.. either im calling bs. or 2.1k doesnt mean the same thing on all battlegroups

I'm Alliance, and I like Gilneas, and we seem to do OK. our guild RBG team isn't the greatest, but we almost never lose at Gilneas, though its always a close game.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    DR kinda kicks in when you send 9 to a node instead of 8. its the same concept.