Deleted

Ryolith 10 Heroic

So my guild is currently progressing on Ryolith and after reading up on this forum, most advice confuses me a bit.

Currently we have:

Warrior Tank

Feral Druid (mdps)
    DK (mdps)

Shadowpriest
    Mage
    Warlock
    Hunter
    Elemental Shaman

Our tactic was that myself (shadow priest) and the Mage would stay on fragments alone the entire fight as we are able to nuke them down before the next set or spark spawns. This leaves 3 range dps and both melee dps on legs. When a spark forms, all range dps switch to spark then when its dead they all switch back to boss. Me and the mage help out on lets whilst nothing is up.

Our ele shaman and hunter are not core team and were step ins for a few absentees we had so there dps was not great which we think stopped us from getting a kill. However can you guys see anything wrong with this tactic?

Our ele shaman would knock back the oozes when they got close and we would all switch and aoe them when we had around 20 together close to the boss. On our first night we got him into phase 2 but died straight away to a 112k stomp.

You need enough dps to get the boss to 25% before 5 minutes because at that point the boss gets his first stack of superheated. You don't want superheated + a stomp at the start of P2.

Put a melee on each leg, Mage, Warlock and Hunter on big sparks/little fragements, ignore the oozes and rest on the boss. It's a DPS race believe it or not.

The adds are the easy part, it's actually all about DPS, the driving, keeping volcano stacks low and dodging lava flows.
    Last edited by Wanell; 2011-08-26 at 02:22 PM.

What healers are you running with? The cooldown rotation might not be enough since it's 10 man.

Also, how long does it take you to get to p2, and do you get there before Superheated? And I know you said you had a few low dps'ers.

Make sure your feral druid is using tranquility either before the first phase 2 stomp, or immediately afterward. You need to have enough cooldowns prepared to survive 3 stomps in phase 3.

If the boss has superheated when you hit phase 2 with that many DPS, you're probably not ready for the fight. Your DPS needs to be high enough to break into phase 2 with no more than 1 stack of superheated (and with 7 DPS, I'd expect 0). Your raid needs to heal up and kill him fast.

Are you still killing sparks after the third one? After the third spark dies, you need to have DPS ignore all further sparks. Have them kill the first set of fragments after the 3rd spark and then they all need to be on the boss until it dies. Use heroism shortly after the 3rd spark dies.

Also, don't worry about knocking back the adds unless it is extremely convenient to do so. If the boss is moving properly, he won't absorb enough of them to matter.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Deleted
    I think thats where we have the problem. We kill every spark the second it spawn. We dont start ignoring them. SO you dont nescesarily use Heroism in last phase only? What Hp do you recomment the legs should be at when the 3rd spark dies. Also, does his armour stacks dissapear in phase 2 if you hit 25% with stacks still up?

You can safely lust and burn him from ~38%.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Make sure your feral druid is using tranquility either before the first phase 2 stomp, or immediately afterward. You need to have enough cooldowns prepared to survive 3 stomps in phase 3.

If the boss has superheated when you hit phase 2 with that many DPS, you're probably not ready for the fight. Your DPS needs to be high enough to break into phase 2 with no more than 1 stack of superheated (and with 7 DPS, I'd expect 0). Your raid needs to heal up and kill him fast.

Are you still killing sparks after the third one? After the third spark dies, you need to have DPS ignore all further sparks. Have them kill the first set of fragments after the 3rd spark and then they all need to be on the boss until it dies. Use heroism shortly after the 3rd spark dies.

Also, don't worry about knocking back the adds unless it is extremely convenient to do so. If the boss is moving properly, he won't absorb enough of them to matter.
    This.

Our druid pops tranq at 1:30-1:45, whether we need it at the time or not (if it's not needed, it at least perserves the other healer mana). Knocking adds back is a waste of dps time on the legs - we ignore them completely. If you're steering efficiently and get good rng, you'll be taking his armor down enough anyway.

Hero is popped when legs hit 35-38% for us, and when p2 starts ALL raid cd's go up immediately if we don't push before superheated starts.

If your warlock isn't affliction, tell him to switch and double dot both legs - demo pulls higher aoe numbers, but puts that damage on useless targets if you're single tanking it where the lock can't get in melee range due to the sparks.

Heroic progression raider. Incapable of using Saran Wrap.

Deleted
    Ok thank you all, I will be telling the raid to ignore sparks after 3rd spark, and to nuke first set of fragments after then nuke boss. At 35% ill call for hero. If we still dont make it, I can safely say its a gear problem or skill problem. So thanks for the advice, ill let you guys know what happens

Also, Holy priest + Holy paladin. (our holy paladin pulled 27K HPS. Insane

As the poster above stated, use hero when the legs are roughly 38% to push P2 quicker, before he becomes superheated. You will likely get superheated stomps in P2, but going into P2 and having the first stomp superheated is a bitch on the raid.

We assign 1 melee to each leg and just go balls out on it the whole time. Use 2 ranged to kill frags full time, 2 other ranged help out on the legs 50% of the time, and then pull off to nuke down a spark when there is a spark up, then go back to their assigned leg. And let your last dps (ranged or melee, doesn't matter) do the steering. Ryolith is super crazy sensitive to steering now, so 1 strong dps should be enough to turn him, if it's not let someone else help when necessary but be very very careful not to over do it.

Have your tank bring all the frags into melee behind the boss when there isn't a spark up, this will let the AoE damage splash onto the oozes and legs, for maximum dps on the legs. Ignore the oozes for the most part, if they die in teh AoE then great, if not then that's ok to.

Go into P2 with some healing CD's going off (Tranq, SL totem, Rallying Cry, etc) to ease the first stomp. For us if we make it through the first stomp clean then it's a kill.
    Last edited by rofltroll; 2011-08-26 at 02:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragelicious View Post
    Mute yourself. You happen to be dumb atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    We had 3 stomps phase two in our kill. Should've been two though. Used almost all CDs on first stomp and everyone used their own personal CDs on the second. Had like 4 people survive the 3rd stomp and managed to kill it with paladins bubbling and frost dk ams.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have your priest go disc. Bubbles will take almost all the stomp damage and makes your holy pallies job 10x easier.

Also, Raid bubble and tranq first stomp, Rallying cry, divine gaurdian and whatever that super aoe pally heal is on second, third use personal cooldowns+lock cookie and pray.

Edit- We found that a 3 or 4 melee setup works best for us as they can stay full time on the legs. Ranged tend to muck things up with steering do to too much unpredictable burst.
    I go fire and we have our hunter/s and anyone else stay full time on adds. When we have 1 min left on super heated we hero and burn a leg while swapping as needed to avoid any inactive volcanos. On phase 2 we follow the cooldown rotation I listed above and have no issues usually.

112k stomp was likely he was either superheated or had hit an inactive recently, both which give him a damage boost. That or you all had actives up too long and went into phase 2 with some nasty debuff stacks.
    Last edited by Saegno; 2011-08-26 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

Aim for the boss to be less than 30 armor and around, if not, lower than 50% at the 4 minute mark and don't be shy to use lust/warp to push P2. Try to time it so that you enter P2 at the 4:45 mark since sometimes it's wonky and still gets a ton of Superheated when you hit P2 at 5, I really don't know why.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

I didnt read all the posts, but I can give you some tips. Make sure he always go the fastest way possible. If he start turning left, right, left, right all the time hes walking way to slow and wont get the erupting ones before you have to many debuffs and healers will waste mana. You can push from 40-50% even with 50 stacks pretty fast. Its better to use 15 seconds longer from 40% to 25% with high stacks then it is to use 30 seconds lowering the armor stacks by 10-20. BL around 30-40%. Get into P2 with full HP. Use all raid CDs and personal CDs on the stomps. Ignore dps on the oozes, just knock them back when ever its needed. And ofc push in time so you dont get into P2 with any superheated stacks.

just have the feral druid go bear and grab all the fragments under Ryo's feet and AOE them down.

don't even bother with the killing liquid obsidium - they have way too much HP. and they should be dead to the aoeing anyways.

15+ Year Old Account
    As others have said, you need to be pushing the boss into his second phase quicker.

We're significantly passed progressing on this now, so rarely have issues with it however you should have the fragments passively cleaved so to speak whilst doing other things. Your Warlock going demo with be strongly advised here as he can keep them on the bosses legs with Hellfire and they can be cleaved by everybody. The sparks need to die as soon as possible, once the third one is dead the boss should be on anywhere between 10 and 30 stacks of his buff, dependant on how efficient your drivers are and how efficient you are at keeping the slimes off the boss.

As soon as the 4th spark spawns, you should bloodlust and zerg the boss. Ignore everything else, still drive him through the volcanoes, but you should be pushing him in no more then 30seconds once you've BL'd. He doesn't have alot of HP, therefore even with the damage modifier he still drops fairly quickly. Once you're in P2 without superheated it's just a case of popping every CD and everything to survive for 30seconds.