jewelcrafting: differences within full and low population realms?

i started a new char in a mid-populated server in europe.
    i'm 510 Jewelcrafter right now, just started with the JC daily quests yesterday. (i buyed the 67 int gem, for my healer shammy)

stack of elementium costs 30-35g in the AH. red gems costs between 100-130g. but it seems there are few people buying gems and too much people selling gems. It will eb hard to win money prospecting and reselling gems.

In my full populated servers ,sometimes (usually a couple of days after server raid reset) yo ucan sell gems at higher prices, until someone quickly udnercut you. In this mid populated server, it seems few peopel are buying gems (i need to do more research on that)

my question is... i need advice to win money using gems, prospecting and AH. plz consider this is a mid populated server, no high rank guilds.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Earning money in any profession is based on supply and demand. You've noticed the trends on your guild already-- so use them to your advantage. Watch the AH-- and don't post when the supply is high.
    My miner/ JC is on a mid to low pop. RP realm-- really not a LOT of activity going on, and the raiding is on the low end of the spectrum, yet I make a lot of money, and don't have to put a lot of effort into it.
    I mine often, when I have down time, and keep a supply of raw mats in the bank at all times. From time time time I check the AH to see what raw gems are selling for (I rarely sell ore- it is never in low supply, except the leveling ores). When the supply is low, I list a few raw gems-- 1 or 2, for a price that's at the top of the Auctioneer average price- and see what happens. Sometimes I make a killing, others I lose my listing fees. However, when I find an item that is selling WELL, I will list another 1 or 2- and never more than that, since there is always someone watching, who will undercut until the price is so low it's not worth selling. At that point, I stop-- because I don't want the Auctioneer prices to drop. It's called the AH game, because it is just that. The only part I don't "play" is I never buy anything to re-sell it-- I only farm.

Which brings up another point---- you will not make any money if you are buying mats to level your profession-- so be sure you have a "farmer" to collect your mats if you don't already have one.

I also am on a mid-pop realm, though it's US. There are about 10 other gem vendors in the business, but not enough buyers for all of us. My solution? I bought a subscription for the remote AH on my phone and use it to post and relist gems during the day from work. I can sell about a fourth of my stock just during the day to people in different timezones/work schedules. Of course, do some research before trying this, it doesn't work on every server.

Stood in the Fire skidmarksteve's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flippedeclipse View Post
    I bought a subscription for the remote AH on my phone and use it to post and relist gems during the day from work.
    i just installed wow on my work computer lolz