IE8 freezes when trying to visit mmo-c

I have a WinXP system with AVG free running. Whenever I visit mmo-champion on IE8 it never connects and then task manager has several iexplore.exe process that cannot be ended short of a system restart. This is the only site that I've come accross that does this so far. Firefox views the site fine (although firefox has had unkillable processes for other random sites inconsistently).

Anyone seen this behavior before?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    The fact that you are seeing multiple processes running for the same program makes me squirm a bit. Sounds far too much like a virus. Since you can view the website with another browser we know that it is not Adobe Flash or Java causing the issue. With that in mind lets try resetting Internet Explorer. To do this follow these instructions:
    Start Menu > Control Panel > Internet Options > Advanced Tab > Select Reset Internet Explorer (When prompted if you would like to reset the history, cookies, and personal settings do check this but know you will need to input any saved passwords for frequent log ins.)