arcane mage vs melee, can't keep the distance

whenever i blink, warrior leaps right back to me, what's that ability?
    how can i keep the distance?

it seems these days arcane mage is no match to melee like warrior, rogue, druid.... they are constantly on your tail, you can't even cast crap

Go with a group and try to find good hiding places. Arcane mages aren't meant to beat melee 1v1.

now u know how a warlock feels

lock can fear, mage can't

Arcane was never meant for pvp. But if you insist, you will lose almost every 1v1, stay with a group.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Spec imp cone of cold

Deleted
    Haven't done any arenas or bgs, so take what I say with a grain of salt.
    I did 50ish duels arcane tho.
    But in a 1v1 with a warrior you should win :b

Open with Invis->Sheep (Don't exit invis if he uses a shout, so he can't Spell Reflect your sheep).
    Now 2 things can happen. He can either: Trinket or not. If he does not trinket, you will do AB->(Poly stun)->AB->Instant AB(You might be able to get a extra AB with
    enough haste, but dunno. He should now charge you, and you should blink.
    If you have the improve blink talent, you CANNOT be Throwdown for the duration of Imp blink if you strafe+Nova when he jumps. You will prob be Throwdowned if hes
    smart anyway, so trinket that, and keep kiting away. His Bladestorm should be Iceblocked, and for now, its pretty much spamming Slow, Fire Orb (For Spamming Missiles)
    Arcane Barrage and Mana Shield/Mage Ward.

Without Leap he canno't reach you, as you will blink hes charges, and he should def be death within a minut.

Note: If he trinkets the sheep, you should try to do the exact same, and use the PoM for instant sheep or an extra AB. I normally kited and lost 30-40kish, got the instant sheep (Waiting till the DR was off), And then did what I wrote above.

I know this will be considered a troll post but... roll Frost?

Arcane is not a good spec for PVP. You don't have the same control that Frost has, nor the same defensive potential. Yes, you will cause a good amount of damage, but once something touches you, you're as good as gone. If you want only to goof around and farm honor, it's OK, you can snipe some kills on a random BG. But if you really wanna PVP, it's just not viable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ns66 View Post
    lock can fear, mage can't
    zerker rage every 30 secs with a 10 sec immunity says hi =)

On topic:

Arcane is a glass cannon spec in pvp, against a good warrior or even worse, a dk, you're going to lose 9 duels out of 10.

Either spec frost or find some buddies to travel with.

---------- Post added 2011-08-26 at 06:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Selkhet View Post
    I know this will be considered a troll post but... roll Frost?

Arcane is not a good spec for PVP. You don't have the same control that Frost has, nor the same defensive potential. Yes, you will cause a good amount of damage, but once something touches you, you're as good as gone. If you want only to goof around and farm honor, it's OK, you can snipe some kills on a random BG. But if you really wanna PVP, it's just not viable.
    Why would this be considered a troll post?

The question was "how to keep my distance from a melee as arcane", the simplified answer really is "there is no real way against a smart melee", so "roll Frost" even though it isn't a direct answer still illustrates the situation pretty well.

:P

As to Arcane's viability, it's good in normal bgs when you don't attract attention to yourself, after a 3d or 4th stack of AB, your opponent is already basically dead.
    Last edited by zealous; 2011-08-26 at 06:22 PM.
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

Yeah what everyon else has been saying, roll frost.

If all you care about is 1v1 frost mages and rogues are some of the best classes. In BG's arcane mages can be good if they get constant heals and peels but every RBG I've been in arcane mages are usually #1 kill priority because they are squishy and put out alot of damage.

You will save alot of heartache if you just go frost