College Football

So who is ready for the college football season to kick off? Who does everyone think is going to be the big champion this year. Being from Boise I am a big Boise State fan, and I hope we can go down to Atlanta and whoop up on the Bulldogs. Hopefully the outcome isn't like last time we went down there.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I cannot wait for it to start. Big game for me: Oregon vs LSU. Go Ducks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Three days from the first Saturday, and already we got big games:

No. 3 Oregon vs. No. 4 LSU*

First-week games don't get much bigger than 3 vs. 4. And it's two teams you expect to still be there in the end, not two teams that just got lucky in the preseason polls.

No. 5 Boise State at No. 19 Georgia

Really I don't see Georgia making it to the Top 25 again this year, but it's always fun to watch BSU. Kellen Moore is in the Top 10 running for Heisman this year.
    Not much else to get too excited about. It takes a couple weeks for me to get a feel for each team I follow. Alabama should be solid as always, even with a new QB, because frankly, they never really focus on having a great quarterback. And they have a running back that rivals their last-year-heisman-winner. I don't see Florida going very far again either. It's rebuilding time for them, but I am excited about their new coaches.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2011-08-31 at 09:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    K-State fan here, kinda stinks the Big 12 has fallen through, especially with the Aggies leaving, some rivalries I'd of loved to last. Anyways cannot wait!

I mean I keep wishing it was Thursday night so I could watch some football, but its Wednesday

Big games this weekend like the 3rd poster said, so gonna order some pizza, get some snacks and enjoy!
    Signatures are overrated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Week Two:

No. 16 Mississippi State at Auburn

Ha! How awesome is this? Mississippi State, who has always been at the bottom of the SEC totem pole, favored to beat the DEFENDING NATIONAL CHAMPS! Haha, fuck Auburn.

Notre Dame at Michigan

Seems like such a big game, so early in the season. And a night game, no less. I'll pick Michigan to win easy.

No. 3 Alabama at No. 23 Penn State

The only ranked-vs-ranked team this week, so I guess it needs to be mentioned. Bama wins easy, but I don't expect it to be a blowout.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    No. 3 Alabama at No. 23 Penn State

The only ranked-vs-ranked team this week, so I guess it needs to be mentioned. Bama wins easy, but I don't expect it to be a blowout.
    I'm a PSU fan, and as much as I hate to say it, they're going to get their taints handed to them. I'd love to be surprised, but I don't see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Disenchanted View Post
    I'm a PSU fan, and as much as I hate to say it, they're going to get their taints handed to them. I'd love to be surprised, but I don't see it happening.
    I'll be a PSU fan this week. LSU is my team, and although Nick Saban really is a genius as a college coach, I will always root against him. So GO PSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Ha! How awesome is this? Mississippi State, who has always been at the bottom of the SEC totem pole, favored to beat the DEFENDING NATIONAL CHAMPS! Haha, fuck Auburn..
    How did that work out for you?

War Eagle.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    How did that work out for you?

War Eagle.
    Y'all earned that one. Your special teams are picking up a lot of the slack left behind by Newton and Fairley.

fuck auburn anyway though

10+ Year Old Account
    GO BLUE!

Hoping the Wolverines (Lost count how many years in a row I've said this) can finally have a good year in the Big House. And if anything, I hope we crush the Spartans and the Buckeyes. I could care less about anything else. >_>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Detonation View Post
    GO BLUE!

Hoping the Wolverines (Lost count how many years in a row I've said this) can finally have a good year in the Big House. And if anything, I hope we crush the Spartans and the Buckeyes. I could care less about anything else. >_>
    We'll see about that.

All bias aside, I really don't see Michigan staying in the game for very long versus us, especially with how the UM defense looked yesterday, and how the game is in Spartan Stadium. We looked real sharp yesterday, on both sides of the ball. I think we're gonna kill ND next week.

Gotta say though, I think UM beats OSU this year. By the end of the year, I think OSU will be in a tailspin.

edit: Cool, someone from Owosso. I'm from Holt